Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am 80 this year, a medical marvel, back - disk operation, open heart surgery, new heart valve, breast cancer (radiation therapy all Ok now), pacemaker fitted, ablation operation and a week ago repla

This advice was sent to me via EMail and I think we should practice a little inner-peace...  

If you're not at least 80, you're not old yet....... All you kiddies under that should just pack your marbles and go watch Sesame Street.  

Posted Images

Nah mate, it's not you..it's the forum itself..boring... particularly if you don't have one of the new, fancy sims.. I am on prepar3d 4.5 and it's no longer worth developing it seems..Takes me about thirty seconds to skim the forum, and usually nothing that interest me so I shut it down. Terry.

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

A word from Washington State, currently leader in the US 'Corona Virus' sweepstakes.  Not a joke by any means but at my age you know something IS going to get you so the current excitement is a little lower key.  Hopefully all our esteemed leaders are on the same page on this since it shows how really ineffective all  political posturing is when an event like this occurrs.  As we emerge at the other end a new day should be dawning but, as my old Scottish Gran used to say "Ah hae ma doots".

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Stay safe Mate. My immune system is shot following my severe sepsis back in October,  so I'm isolating right now.

 

I agree, it's all a bit of a rum do!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

I don't know how I missed this section of the forum but at 85 - I think I qualify

and I have been given my Seniors discount card for Orbx

 

Reading back through the threads - I came across a few contributions from "Macca"

 

Just in case some of you old coots missed it - the question was raised ???

and the answer

 

He probably reads this old coots page as well

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Fizzelle said:

Stay safe Mate. My immune system is shot following my severe sepsis back in October,  so I'm isolating right now.

 

I agree, it's all a bit of a rum do!

Stay safe and healthy, this is not something for you to take any risk with.

Rick

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I went to the VA Clinic yesterday and they had a welcoming committee taking temperatures and giving us a quick look see before we were allowed to enter the building.  I was told by my Doctor that my neck is beyond repair and sorry but I have no choice but to learn to live with the pain or become a junkie.  

After reading the previous post I am  doing better than a lot of you Old Coots.  I just turned 83 and now that I have my blood sugar under control (it was 575)  I feel well enough to fly again.

Sore finger tips is a small price to pay for wellness.

Dropping over 40 lbs off of my belly didn't hurt either.  

Anyway the Doctor told me to stay home and away from people.  My Son took his advice and has me confined to the house by blocking in my car.

 

Y'all stay healthy and enjoy your confinement.  

Have you tried landing on a mountain top like Trent Palmer and the Cowboys do?  It can get your blood pumping.

 

Dale

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Gypsy Pilot said:

I went to the VA Clinic yesterday and they had a welcoming committee taking temperatures and giving us a quick look see before we were allowed to enter the building.  I was told by my Doctor that my neck is beyond repair and sorry but I have no choice but to learn to live with the pain or become a junkie.  

After reading the previous post I am  doing better than a lot of you Old Coots.  I just turned 83 and now that I have my blood sugar under control (it was 575)  I feel well enough to fly again.

Sore finger tips is a small price to pay for wellness.

Dropping over 40 lbs off of my belly didn't hurt either.  

Anyway the Doctor told me to stay home and away from people.  My Son took his advice and has me confined to the house by blocking in my car.

 

Y'all stay healthy and enjoy your confinement.  

Have you tried landing on a mountain top like Trent Palmer and the Cowboys do?  It can get your blood pumping.

 

Dale

 

 

 

Good to hear your update Dale, and nice to see you back here. See you in the virtual skies :) 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Good to see that we oldies can still have a bit of a laugh, even in a pandemic.. eight days in intensive care, and I am back now, but have developed double pneumonia. on top of that we have the country shut down so my poor wife and I are stuck in the house.. Oh well, it could be worse, my system could fail, and I would not be able to read the forums..thanks for small mercies,  Teecee.

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, teecee said:

Good to see that we oldies can still have a bit of a laugh, even in a pandemic.. eight days in intensive care, and I am back now, but have developed double pneumonia. on top of that we have the country shut down so my poor wife and I are stuck in the house.. Oh well, it could be worse, my system could fail, and I would not be able to read the forums..thanks for small mercies,  Teecee.

You hang in there Teecee.  We will all say a prayer for you.

Dale

  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, teecee said:

Good to see that we oldies can still have a bit of a laugh, even in a pandemic.. eight days in intensive care, and I am back now, but have developed double pneumonia. on top of that we have the country shut down so my poor wife and I are stuck in the house.. Oh well, it could be worse, my system could fail, and I would not be able to read the forums..thanks for small mercies,  Teecee.

 

My thoughts to your thoughts Teecee. Please keep us updated. My very best wishes from a fellow "stook in t'owse" as they say in Yorkshire.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, teecee said:

Good to see that we oldies can still have a bit of a laugh, even in a pandemic.. eight days in intensive care, and I am back now, but have developed double pneumonia. on top of that we have the country shut down so my poor wife and I are stuck in the house.. Oh well, it could be worse, my system could fail, and I would not be able to read the forums..thanks for small mercies,  Teecee.

Terry i wish you well mate and hope you get back on your feet you stay safe.

cheers

Iain

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

I have not opened my mail in a few days, so I missed these post. Sorry about that and thanks to all for caring. No change much over the past few days, still unable to move about much, and of course with the pandemic Caroline and I are both housebound.. Still, we are both alive and kicking..so I am thankful for that. Again, thanks for your kind thoughts and prayers..Terry..

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Tough times indeed.  Couple of cancer stricken friends taken off preventative measures so it appears to be age and survivability are two of our most negative assets in the selection process.  A month to go 'til 82 and, since I've been socially distancing for about ten years now, think I'll make it.  In a few months we can look back on this as yet another chapter in our piece of history.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I was told by my doctor when I turned 80 that those were the two main factors in deciding weather or not I would be treated if I came down with a serious illness.

Oh well, I guess it's all part of entering our last decade.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gypsy Pilot said:

I was told by my doctor when I turned 80 that those were the two main factors in deciding weather or not I would be treated if I came down with a serious illness.

Oh well, I guess it's all part of entering our last decade.

Whoah old fruit

I am 85 and sure am hoping its not my last decade and looking forward to the 90s

although I'm not sure I'll make MS2030

 

That is - unless they come out with a brail version:rolleyes:

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, John Heaton said:

Whoah old fruit

I am 85 and sure am hoping its not my last decade and looking forward to the 90s

although I'm not sure I'll make MS2030

 

That is - unless they come out with a brail version:rolleyes:

 

How on earth did you know that there is a braille version? I have been beta-testing it for the last 2 months. It's really good. However the main problem is the full stop, or period, button. If one were to hit it during flight, the aircraft just halts immediately and falls out of the sky with no way of a restart.

 

At the moment it's not a viable alternative to the established aims but, as I say, it is in beta.

  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Fizzelle said:

 

How on earth did you know that there is a braille version? I have been beta-testing it for the last 2 months. It's really good. However the main problem is the full stop, or period, button. If one were to hit it during flight, the aircraft just halts immediately and falls out of the sky with no way of a restart.

 

At the moment it's not a viable alternative to the established aims but, as I say, it is in beta.

 

Well---- tha 'd better go t't  specsavers - theyl ava "beta" - --- at 2 purrs fer wonn B)

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I spent a whole morning cleaning out my bookcase of old business files, old tax returns, books about nothing and carted it all to the garage waste bin.

I told my wife she had a look and said "I can't see any difference'

At least it kept me busy and on my feet.

Now to Capetown for a heli ride around the city.

Cheers

Ken

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/6/2020 at 12:44 PM, dexthom said:

This advice was sent to me via EMail and I think we should practice a little inner-peace...

 

Subject: Find calm

Heard a Dr. on TV saying in this time of Coronavirus staying at home we
should focus on inner peace.

 

To achieve this we should always finish things we start and we all could

use more calm in our lives.

 

I looked through my house to find things i'd started and hadn't finished, so I
finished off a bottle of Merlot, a bottle of Chardonnay, a bodle of
Baileys, a butle of wum, tha mainder of Valiumun srciptuns, an a box a
chocletz. Yu haf no idr how feckin fablus I feel rite now. Sned this to
all who need inner piss. An telum u luvum. And two hash yer wands, stafe
day avrybobby!!! 

 

 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Was glad to hear you mention 'Calm' - I try to have a glass or two of it every evening about this time.  Works a charm, the rest of the day goes so much smoother.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/6/2020 at 12:44 PM, dexthom said:

This advice was sent to me via EMail and I think we should practice a little inner-peace...

 

Subject: Find calm

Heard a Dr. on TV saying in this time of Coronavirus staying at home we
should focus on inner peace.

 

To achieve this we should always finish things we start and we all could

use more calm in our lives.

 

I looked through my house to find things i'd started and hadn't finished, so I
finished off a bottle of Merlot, a bottle of Chardonnay, a bodle of
Baileys, a butle of wum, tha mainder of Valiumun srciptuns, an a box a
chocletz. Yu haf no idr how feckin fablus I feel rite now. Sned this to
all who need inner piss. An telum u luvum. And two hash yer wands, stafe
day avrybobby!!! 

 

Thnks. Xkalent evise.

  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/6/2020 at 12:44 PM, dexthom said:

Heard a Dr. on TV saying in this time of Coronavirus staying at home we
should focus on inner peace.

Ah man I've finished most of them things before corona virus. Now what?:unsure:

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, flyingleaf said:

Ah man I've finished most of them things before corona virus. Now what?:unsure:

If it's essential, it's out there.  Saw an ad for 'wine to your door' guaranteed virus free.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, olderndirt said:

Saw an ad for 'wine to your door' guaranteed virus free.

Ah bless yer OND I'm saved.:P:DStay safe my Friend. I love to share but unfortunately I can not have my family or close friends over for a dinner and a drink. But we will get over this if we stick together "apart". Happy Easter to Y'All.:)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Boris Johnson was released from the hospital today.

Brexit Lives!!!

 

All the press will talk about is how many people died.  

Here in the States they never mention that 7 out of every 10 people that are hospitalized live and go home.

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...