maxkillers

Any Island Airports Coming in the Future?

Just like Pago Pago Intl Airport you guys have done, will you guys do any more Islands, or have you lost interest in them, because in locations around St Martin and the grenadies, they've got some stunning airport's... let's just say any island airport you make (especially one that i can easily island hop through) will be an instant buy! I would love to see more well-made airport's around the carribean. There are airports around that area but Flytampa is the only decent one out there, the rest lack detail, some even havn't updated to v4 ):

Yep, that would be nice. I'd like to push for the Pacific Islands eg Samoa, Tonga, Fiji etc.

Jim

• Like 2

Currently working on a three-set of airports on an island. It's not Caribbean, or particularly far out in the ocean but it's a great island nonetheless :)

• Like 8
  • Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Alex Goff said:

Currently working on a three-set of airports on an island. It's not Caribbean, or particularly far out in the ocean but it's a great island nonetheless :)

Hi Alex,

I love a good riddle - the Bahamas aren't really Caribbean - right - but I don't think any single island is big enough for three airports...

Is it a looooog island ?

:)

How about a hemisphere to narrow it down ?

Best of luck with whatever you do...

Regards,
Scott 

Two of the airfield are stationed on one island, and the third is much smaller, possibly inactive, and on another island. It's in the southern hemisphere.

The main aerodrome actually shares something in common with Block Island, Twin Islander flights from the mainland.

• Like 1

Hi Alex,

LOL - thanks - yep - leaves me out - don't know much about that hemisphere - I'm sure someone will sort it with all those clues... I'm sure it will be another masterpiece...

:)

Regards,
Scott

2 hours ago, Alex Goff said:

1 hour ago, Alex Goff said:

Two of the airfield are stationed on one island, and the third is much smaller, possibly inactive, and on another island. It's in the southern hemisphere.

The main aerodrome actually shares something in common with Block Island, Twin Islander flights from the mainland.

Awesome clues Alex, good fun trying to figure it out. Plus, also nice to know what you are working on, even if we don't really know where it will be ;) 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Alex Goff said:

I am looking forward to whatever you do Alex!

1 hour ago, BrettT said:

Great Barrier Island?

I am with you BrettT. Great Barrier Island fits the clues.; I think.

Greg

If it is Great Barrier I would be absolutely impressed. (On a clear day I can see Great Barrier from my lounge window) 

But does it fit the clues?

it is in the southern hemisphere

Its not that far from the mainland

I know that Twin Islander flights did  fly there, fairly sure they still do

It has 2 runways but the 3rd runway on another island throws me?

and its close to one of ORBX great regions

However there would be heaps of other islands that would also fit the clues.

Best wishes

Bob

• Like 1

On great barrier island there is NZOX and NZGB on the main island.  Kaikoura Island which is right next to GBI has a small Aerodrome that looks like a grass strip (Motu Kaikoura Island Aerodrome)

I already scoured South America and nothing fits from that area.   Will go check AUS now!   If you think I know what Alex is planning because I do beta testing you would be wrong!  LOL   Beside, I love surprises too.  :D

Since Air Chathams doesn't operate Islanders I'd also go for Great Barrier Island.

It would be a nice little hop from Whangarei and Auckland (as soon as Flightbeam is publishing it).

GB certainly fits.  Has (or had, not been there for ages...) Islanders going there.  I even saw a Trilander on my only flight out there.  And people complain about leg room in a tube!  Luxury.  When I were a lad...  :P   If it is, it will make this ex-pat very happy as that was my first choice for an NZNI airport.  Lovely approach and departure from a narrow, narrow runway...

On 7.2.2018 at 5:35 AM, maxkillers said:

Just like Pago Pago Intl Airport you guys have done, will you guys do any more Islands, or have you lost interest in them, because in locations around St Martin and the grenadies, they've got some stunning airport's... let's just say any island airport you make (especially one that i can easily island hop through) will be an instant buy! I would love to see more well-made airport's around the carribean. There are airports around that area but Flytampa is the only decent one out there, the rest lack detail, some even havn't updated to v4 ):

There's TFFF by TropicalSim and TFFR by Taxi2Gate. Yes, some island airports from Orbx would be cool... What about Canary islands? That would be awesome!

2 hours ago, Captain Lars said:

There's TFFF by TropicalSim and TFFR by Taxi2Gate. Yes, some island airports from Orbx would be cool... What about Canary islands? That would be awesome!

Only problem is they're outdated for v4 ):

If I read well Alex's description, it will not be Great barrier:- (... It's a pity. Because it would be the ideal complement from Whangarei, North Shore and Auckland for the BN-2.

Edited by codo

"Two of the airfield are stationed on one island," - Great Barrier & Okiwi Station

"and the third is much smaller, possibly inactive, and on another island." - Motu Kaikoura Island, on Kaikoura Island.  Exists in my Jun '07 AIP.

"It's in the southern hemisphere." - NZGB is about 36°15' south.

"The main aerodrome actually shares something in common with Block Island, Twin Islander flights from the mainland."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barrier_Air#/media/File:Aircraft_Great_Barrier_Island_Aerodrome.jpg

(presumably photos from Wiki are ok...)

Quacks like a duck...

You know what's going to happen though.. it will be something else and I'm going to look silly.  Nothing new there...

Edited by Mickel

8 hours ago, maxkillers said:

Only problem is they're outdated for v4 ):

What do you mean with "outdated"? a. not state of the art of scenery design 2018, b. incompatible with P4, or c. not corresponding to their real world counterpart?

On 09/02/2018 at 11:11 PM, Alex Goff said:

Consider that an instant buy, looking forward to 2018 HEAPS, but my bank account isn't haha!

On 10/02/2018 at 2:11 AM, gregmorin said:

I am looking forward to whatever you do Alex!

I am with you BrettT. Great Barrier Island fits the clues.; I think.

Greg

They did say they were going to try some photoreal area's for Australia...maybe this is one off 'em!

20 hours ago, codo said:

But I hope that you are right and that I am wrong :-)...

Me too!  I don't get genuinely excited about a (possible) project very often, but this one is different.  Hopefully the description stacks up.  The only other place that could have something that would fit might be somewhere off the Queensland coast around the Great Barrier Reef, but nowhere springs to mind.

44 minutes ago, Alex Goff said:

I knew a smart group like this wouldn't take too long ;)

About damn time we have some beautiful island hopping around Australia. I can't wait for photo-real area's in Australia, my excitement levels are ten fold over compared to the rest off these sim junkies! XD

On 2/6/2018 at 8:38 PM, JimNZ said:

Yep, that would be nice. I'd like to push for the Pacific Islands eg Samoa, Tonga, Fiji etc.

Jim

I second this. I love this area for my remote Island hoping. The weather gets interesting here to.

On ‎07‎.‎02‎.‎2018 at 5:38 AM, JimNZ said:

Jim

3 hours ago, RHaas said:

I second this. I love this area for my remote Island hoping. The weather gets interesting here to.

Guys. have you been sleeping for the past couple of years? Samoa has already been done by Tim and Ken in 2016. :D