Larry_R

YRC Refuge Cove Seaplane Base

Looks GREAT Larry!

Wish I owned a real float plane, so I could explore it in real life.

Wow Larry, you weren't kidding...this place does look likes it's oozing charm and character. Thanks for all the screenshots too! 

• Like 2

What a gem! I just love those hidden places. Tons of character.

Keep on your passionate work, Larry.

What gorgeous spot. I've just checked out the website for the place.  It would be very easy to while away a week there and unwind.  Thanks for producing a little touch of paradise (or at least my idea of what it might be like...).  And now I'm having to eye up V4 float planes...  :ph34r:

Edited by Mickel

Amazing work as usual Larry.  I wouldn't say your original version is "not that good" ;), in fact I would say it is excellent, but you have outdone yourself again by the looks of it.  You really have a knack for amazingly realistic scenery.

Cheers,

Hi Larry,

Stunning as always...

Question - how much do you want for that little brown house down by the water and say three acres of land - looking for a good place to retire....

:P

Regards,

Scott

Edited by scottb613

Thanks for the kind words folks,

Scott, here’s a link to a nice little getaway that you could use as a summer cabin. Of course you will need your own DHC2 to get there in style. A minor expense. :lol:

http://www.bclandpro.com/RecentSales.php/Details/122/refuge-cove-in-the-heart-of-desolation-sound-marine-park-bc

I forgot to mention that like CAG8 Pender Harbor SPB,  YRC will have a pilotable boat as an extra. It’s a little tug that is used for log boom work. Instead of the 2D cockpit as in the pilotable Angelfish, this one has a virtual cockpit with basic engine gauges, a functioning GPS, spot lights, and a horn.  Here are a couple of shots:

nGysHVlFcPHHbeM5a725523e89c7.jpg

mFjwWPmb9t5V1jF5a72552393c61.jpg

• Like 8

Another gem from a master craftsman.

Very much appreciate your series of seaplane destinations.

Must go & fuel up the otter:)

TTM

• Like 1

Terrific, was looking at your original Refuge Cove only yesterday and wondering if we would ever have it in v4. Thx Larry, you sir are a star.

cheers Reg.

Unbelievable detail, blows me away!  Is there a link to the sceneries, or is it just a matter of scrolling through the forum to find them?

BTW, I live in Maple Ridge, and my wife and I own property just north of Powell River in Lund.  I know that the harbor in Lund and Savary Island are next on your list, right? ;)

8 hours ago, Fufeli67 said:

BTW, I live in Maple Ridge, and my wife and I own property just north of Powell River in Lund.  I know that the harbor in Lund and Savary Island are next on your list, right?

Thanks so much for deciding to post.  The YRC scenery is not yet released; this is just the preview announcement thread.  When it is released you will see it announced here:

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/forum/217-orbxdirect-release-announcements/

Property in Lund.... wow! I was thinking of flying from Seattle to Bliss Landing last summer if I could get a taxi from there to Lund, stay in the renovated hotel, but the Lund taxi service said no-go -- the road to Bliss Landing was too rough. At some point I do plan to do Lund and I guess Savary Island too, but I'm not sure if it will be part of a YRC service pack or part of my PNW ferry system. If it's going to be even a small part of an Orbx product it has to be pretty good, which means good photos. If you might be willing to take some, send me a PM!

Larry

• Like 4

What would be the Puget sound and the neighboring Canada without Larry who has made us so many beautiful scenerys......

Thank you for your outstanding work Larry !

Ted :-)

• Like 1

On ‎30‎.‎01‎.‎2018 at 4:50 PM, Matt McGee said:

Looks GREAT Larry!

Wish I owned a real float plane, so I could explore it in real life.

Hello Matt I agree with you - that must be wonderful - I flew with Kenmore (Super Otter) in the cockpit in Puget Sound for a whole day...

Ted

https://www.kenmoreair.com/destinations/san-juan-islands/

ANother beautiful location to take a flight to. 

Thanks to Larry for his hard work which is greatly appreciated.:)

16 hours ago, Larry_R said:

Thanks so much for deciding to post.  The YRC scenery is not yet released; this is just the preview announcement thread.  When it is released you will see it announced here:

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/forum/217-orbxdirect-release-announcements/

Property in Lund.... wow! I was thinking of flying from Seattle to Bliss Landing last summer if I could get a taxi from there to Lund, stay in the renovated hotel, but the Lund taxi service said no-go -- the road to Bliss Landing was too rough. At some point I do plan to do Lund and I guess Savary Island too, but I'm not sure if it will be part of a YRC service pack or part of my PNW ferry system. If it's going to be even a small part of an Orbx product it has to be pretty good, which means good photos. If you might be willing to take some, send me a PM!

Larry

Hi Larry,

We plan on going to Lund in late Spring, and I will try to take lots of pictures of the waterfront and surrounding area for you.  Not sure if we'll make it to Savary Island this time.

If you're ever heading up there, you're welcome to stay on our property.  There's a 1950s transit bus converted into a makeshift cabin, and a water well.  No power though.  IT's about a two minute drive to the marina.

I just downloaded your PNW ferries file but haven't had the chance to install yet.  Judging from the pics your sceneries are beyond first class, absolutely amazing, and much appreciated!!

Cheres,

Raphael

Hi folks,

Perhaps I can add a brief note about the requirements for YRC for users who may not be familiar with them.  These requirements apply to the other seaplane bases too.

1. FTX PNW is strictly required. https://orbxdirect.com/product/pnw  Without it the scenery will be non-functional.  Why? Because custom modifications of the PNW hydro files are required to adjust shorelines to fit the models and PR  and those modifications work in conjunction with PNW.

2. Orbx ObjectFlow or ObjectFlow2 depending on the sim is required. Without it a large part of the scenery will be missing.   

Hi Larry,

If YRC is to be the "identifier" that you use for Refuge Cove in your scenery, just be advised that there already is a CYRC airport in Canada (Chicoutimi/St-Honore, Qc). I mention it in case it would cause conflict for the users.

Your scenery looks very good BTW.

Best regards,

Hello Normand

Yes I am aware that CYR is also used by the airport you mention. However YRC is also used for Refuge Cove and unless I missed something, YRC is not a default airport in the sim. I considered using a fake IACO code like YRC1 but fake is fake and there is a precedent for Orbx using 3 character codes. (Refuge Cove has no IACO code. ) So rather than create an Orbx product with a fake code, in itself possibly confusing or worse, I chose to use YRC.  This after considering all the options I could think of over a period of many months. If this was the wrong choice, I apologize to all. I would also say that I have mentioned the choice, for better or worse, in the Use Guide. 

If there is a conflict with another addon, it would be very easy to change the identifier within the sim on a case by case basis.

Hi Larry,

I understand the logic behind your choice. If the simulator has no problem seeing YRC and CYRC as two different airports in the same country, then there is no problem. I only mentioned it because I did not know if the simulator could differentiate the two idents. Keep up the good work !

My goodness.

Larry I have been to art museums that displayed works that cannot compare to your level of mastery.

Ok just kidding, I don't go to that many art museums, but I wanted to make a really nice compliment.  Your stuff is so life-like, man.  Huge respect.

• Like 1

Hi,

how can I d/l this beatiful scenery? I have PNW but it does not appear within FTX3 ( P3Dv4, v3.2.5.5).

3 hours ago, Airbear said:

how can I d/l this beatiful scenery? I have PNW but it does not appear within FTX3 ( P3Dv4, v3.2.5.5).

Hello

Did you 'purchase' YRC on Orbx Direct? It will cost you 0.00 dollars.  The link is on the release announcement page or go to Orbx Direct and look under Freeware.  Freeware is managed by OrbxDirect in the same way as your payware products.

If that's not the issue please request support in the FTXC3 support forum here  https://orbxsystems.com/forum/forum/218-orbxdirect-and-ftx-central-3-support-forum/

Hopefully NIck can then sort out the apparent issue you are having with FTXC3.

6 hours ago, Larry_R said:

Did you 'purchase' YRC on Orbx Direct?

Oops, no. But I have found and purchased it now and it is visible. TKS FOR COOP :-)

What a fantastic job, Larry, thank you so much!! I trust that the large white yacht that we can see anchored in Refuge Cove belongs to your family :D 

Thanks so much Bernd,

Actually, the old family boat is in the scenery, however  it’s not the 95 foot yacht that’s for sure. But if you happen to have a spare 1.5 million USD handy, you could buy one just like it. Of course you will then need the paid crew and your own DHC2 Beaver – with paid pilot -- to get you to and from your mansion.  :lol:

For those brave enough to read to the very end of the User Guide, there is a little more about the family boat.

Really superb work Larry, I can't imagine the number of hours behind that project! :)