Adam Banks

Whangarei Tiki Tour

A "Tiki tour" is New Zealand slang for a sight-seeing trip. Perfect for the purpose - the beautifully restored NZWarbirds DC-3:

dc3_nzwr_01_104_1350.jpg

dc3_nzwr_02_736_1350.jpg

dc3_nzwr_03_783_1350.jpg

dc3_nzwr_04_713_1350.jpg

dc3_nzwr_05_434_1350.jpg

Adam.

• Like 6

OMG Adam, these are some superb shots! I mean #1 and #2 blew me away....and then I looked at the rest! You have outdone yourself Sir...cheers! :)

Can I send my rig to you so you can set it up "exactly" like yours PLEASE!!!!  B)  These are some outstanding shots Mr. Banks! :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wakashi said:

Can I send my rig to you so you can set it up "exactly" like yours PLEASE!!!!  B)  These are some outstanding shots Mr. Banks! :D

You're certainly welcome  to send me your rig ... but you might not get it back!!! :ph34r: ... my system is pretty old and tired (just like me!! :blink:). Runs like a slideshow .... but I do like slideshows!!

Thanks for all the nice comments, folks - glad to hear you're enjoying viewing them as much as I enjoyed taking them!

Adam.

Hi Adam

Now, I just can't figure out why you chose " the beautifully restored NZ Warbirds DC-3: " as the aircraft for this set of screen shots !!!

For those that don't know Adam, he and I went on a magnificent flight, from Auckland to Ohakea. to an airshow on the very same DC3.  It must have been close to 10 years ago,  however both Adam and I  have viewed this DC3 at every air show in NZ since.  I would say Adam and I view this DC3 with more than respect almost with "lust"

However unlike his magnificent screenshots, his photos of the same aircraft are often a little "dodgy".  It is not unknown for Adam to get a wonderful shot of the sky with a hint of the aircraft in one corner of the photo.

Well done Adam,  as you know I do enjoy both your photos and screen shots

Regards

Bob    

• Like 1

Thanks, Bob! Yes - that trip was all the more memorable for having all my pics wiped off the SD card. Our real memories is all we have!

I can just about cope with taking/editing screenshots, but I must admit my RL photography skills are zilch. The damn' things keep moving - and no "pause" key in sight!!! :blink:

You forgot to mention that the "hint" of an aircraft at the edge of the photo is usually blurred!! :lol:

Adam.

• Like 1