My FSX/FTX install is on a dedicated 250Gb SSD. I am now starting to run out of space:(. If I upgraded to a 500Gb drive is it possible to transfer the entire install to the new drive without having to re-install everything?

Thanks

Dave G

4 hours ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

Hi Dave

Yes, you can clone your original HD over to a larger HD using cloning software such as the free product in the below link. I personally have and use payware Acronis.

https://www.macrium.com/reflectfree

Cheers

Doug

Thanks Doug I'll give it a go.

Dave G

• Thanks 1

Dave.

From experience, I know a policeman shouldn't say this;) but if you have to beg, borrow or steal the money, it is the better bet, only if you can afford it of course. They have dropped in price dramatically, get yourself a 1TB or bigger as reading JV's post recently there's a whole lot more to come just this year alone.  

I have a 2TB but I also have Aerofly's brilliant FS2 installed and it has really made a big hole in my 2TB already.

Just for your info.

Jim.

Edited by JimNZ
  • Like 1

Jim

I totally agree, I have six sims installed, 1TB ssd FSX, 1TB ssd P3Dv3, 2TB ssd P3Dv4, 3TB hd for storage and a 500GB ssd for Steam Aerofly FS2, FSW, XPlane 11, which I will definitely be cloning to a much larger drive in the very near future...oh and I use a 250GB nvme m.2 for my Win10.

Cheers

Doug

• Like 2