AU BLue Freeware Airports and FTX Australia SP3

Hello,

I purchased the full DVD in October of this year.

I understand that there may be patches but I am not sure what version I have. The DVD and package

only refer to SP3.

It is installed and I have enjoyed it to date.

I am wanting to extend the number of airports.

I do see a reference to many AU Blue Freeware airports but these are not in my install.

(http://www.mthake.com/FTX/AU_Blue/au_blue_map.php)

Are these part of a separate package?

Are they part of OZX3  which I have not yet installed?

I have what appears to be OZX2.2. Should I remove that and install the newer version?

Sorry to have to ask but there are so many posts about a large variety of

things associated with single areas, etc. and as a new user I sort of need a straight path to follow.

I have read an excellent post by one member that outlined his new install on a Windows 7-64 system.

I did not see anything in that about the AU Blue Freeware airports. At least not on my first pass through it.

Hi and welcome to the FTX forums :)

as you have the DVD you also have all four region packs, Blue, Gold, Green and Red :)

you should Install also the patches sp3.001 and sp3.001b and the latest ORBX/FTX libraries => http://fullterrain.com/hotfixes.html

you can install all FTX freeware fields and addons that are earmarked SP3 => http://www.fullterrain.com/freeware.html

as for OZxv3.0 you MUST delete the previous version ! best is to delete the OZx folder from your fsX install and then Install the OZx_AUS_v3.0

Hello Again,

I have removed the old OzX scenery and updated to OzX 3 as per the instructions that I have gleaned from the forum.

The freeware Tasmania airports are, at present, not there with the full FTX version.

As I wish to plan flights for friends that will have only the demo how can I add the airports

that are part of the demo version?

rather simple. if they have the Blue Demo then they can install OZx and the ftx freeware fields, for Tasmania things will show up correctly . for the other parts it will look a bit arkward as some bits and pieces will be missing and they probably stick out in the middle of the default fsX landscape

My apologies for not explaining what my issue is.

Others can download the free version and get the free airports.

Quite simply how do I get these free airports to appear in my new FTX  DVD SP3 install?

Logically I should install the demo version to get the free Tasmania airposrts

but I already have the full version of FTX installed and these airports are missing.

normally the activation of the FTX airfields goes automagically with the installers if that's not the case there are two options, either your registry entry is not correct or missing, or you have installed the fields to another place on your system but not the default place wich is in the ORBX folder wich should reside within the main fsX folder

My apologies for not explaining what my issue is.

Others can download the free version and get the free airports.

Quite simply how do I get these free airports to appear in my new FTX  DVD SP3 install?

Logically I should install the demo version to get the free Tasmania airposrts

but I already have the full version of FTX installed and these airports are missing.

There is only one free airport in the Tasmania demo - YMLT Launceston. That's it; only one :)

If you have installed the SP3 DVD, then you download and install the full version of YMLT from the FTX Freeware page on the website: http://fullterrain.com/freeware.html

You then install OZx 3.0 to get the other Tasmanian airfield that contains.

You'll have the same airport (YMLT) that your friends have in the demo, and the same airfields (OZx 3.0) that they see in Tasmania also.