I'd like to purchase Tapini, have Papua New Guinea BUT!

I have PNG (Papua New Guinea) and Jackson airport (AYPY). I wanted to expand PNG and thought Tapini would do it for me, however, It states that Global is a prerequisite. Why, if I already have PNG? Tapini is in PNG isn't it. I don't need Global, as my preference is to fly NW America, Canada, Alaska and PNG. All bush flying. Global is an expensive scenery and I don't wish to spend that much.

Eagle

Edited by Eagle Spirit
  • Upvote 1

Hi Eagle,

If you already have AYPY Jacksons INTL and are happy, then TAP Tapini will be the same.

The prerequisite for FTX Global is because we colored the photoreal areas to match the standard Orbx color palette, that is all

PNG Holgermesh (Orbx freeware) you do need though

Due to the sloping bush runways that are the main feature of these two products the PNG Holgermesh is required yes, we had to design many vegetation models that follow the wildly changing slopes, and all buildings and objects are carefully handplaced placed to match the terrain, the Holgermesh was custom designed for the Orbx PNG packages

All Orbx products are fully compatible with Pilots FS2010 only (now replaced by FS2018, which we are currently checking compatibility with)

In the case of Pilots Ultimate Oceania 2 x files must be disabled, see here https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/111720-faq-tap-tapini-some-common-issues/ its likely the the same applies to the other Pilots meshes

Thanks Tim,

I have the PNG Holgermesh and Jacksons AYPY, but it didn't seem that there were many hilltop villages to fly into, so I thought adding Tapini would liven things up, as the advertisement seem to suggest. As it stands now, for me at least, PNG is a bit of a bore (Jacksons looks good though).

Eagle

The only mesh you need for Papua New Guinea is the freeware PNG Holgermesh, here

We nominated Pilots FS2010 as a global mesh solution for our Global scenery products (Vector, OpenLC etc), and make sure all our products work with Pilots FS2010

No other mesh is supported by Orbx

• 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, Eagle Spirit said:

Thanks Tim,

No I didn't see them. I printed the map and will fly an "exploratory Recon" soon. However, adding Tapini ,  "Global is a prerequisite" to costly.

Eagle

Download and install Plan-G.   It's free and if the database is up to date they will be there.

Another trick is to use Change Airport

Go to PNG on the country list and start your flight from there.

That way you will get a chance to familiarize yourself with the area. 

31 minutes ago, Gypsy Pilot said:

Download and install Plan-G.   It's free and if the database is up to date they will be there.

Another trick is to use Change Airport

Go to PNG on the country list and start your flight from there.

That way you will get a chance to familiarize yourself with the area. 

Along similar lines of thought - if you use Little Navmap - it actively queries your system for all the airports you have addon scenery for - databases them - and will display same... I use it to plan my flights as the view I select shows ONLY those airports that I have improved scenery for... Makes it vastly easier for me...

Regards,
Scott   

Edited by scottb613

Thanks Fella's,

I use Plan G and update my data base from time to time. I did a visual scan of the area from the VC but was not able to view the locations Tim displayed on his map. I'll give it more effort, but as it stands atm, I won't be flying PNG much, if at all. As I stated before, the price of Tapini + Global in total isn't worth it. Will stick with  North America, Canadian North West Territories and Alaska "bush".

Best Regards Guys & Merry Christmas,

Eagle

I wonder why you posted this topic.

Tim has given you a clear indication that you would not need FTX Global to enjoy both products.

In case you missed them, here are his two answers.

Hi Eagle,

If you already have AYPY Jacksons INTL and are happy, then TAP Tapini will be the same.

The prerequisite for FTX Global is because we colored the photoreal areas to match the standard Orbx color palette, that is all

PNG Holgermesh (Orbx freeware) you do need though

The only mesh you need for Papua New Guinea is the freeware PNG Holgermesh, here

So why you felt the need to repeat that a product you do not need is far too expensive for you is not clear.

Happy Christmas to you too.

Well Nick,

Thank you.

I beg your forgiveness, lol. As you should have been able to figure out, I didn't understand that I wouldn't need Global" to install Tapini. I have "Holgermesh" and Jacksons AYPY. Your Tapini add stated that Global is required. As I review the products, it states the Global is also a prerequisite for Jacksons AYPY, however, as stated, I don't have Global.

What am I missing by not having Global. I have not found any of the hilltop villages up to now.

There seems to be a bit  "thin skinned" protectionism from some.

Eagle

Edited by Eagle Spirit

Hello,

I fully understand that you thought that you would need FTX Global, as indeed it states

in the product description.

I also understand that is why you came here to ask the question.

I don't follow why, after the developer of the product has explained the exact nature of the requirement

and reassured you that you would enjoy the product without FTX Global, you continue down the same

condemnation of the price of FTX Global being too high to pay.

I added my comment, so that anyone coming later to this topic would not skim through it and conclude

that FTX Global is an absolute requirement for the products to work correctly.

There are products that do not work correctly without the prerequisite, these do but of course blend better

with FTX Global. 

Thanks Nick,

Understood.

Does the absence of Global eliminate the hilltop villages? It sounds like the ground quality isn't quite as good w/o Global. Is my interpretation correct?

I currently have all of the North American sceneries, to include Alaska. Are there any elevation issues if I add Global at this time? I've only added freeware airports to date, but am planing to add NA and Alaskan airports soon. I'll add, I fly P3d v4.1

Well, now would certainly be the time to load up on sceneries and airports wouldn't it;), as I see the sale going on.

Thanks for your guidance.

Regards, Eagle

Edited by Eagle Spirit

Hello,

FTX Global is just replacement textures, so there will be no effect on elevations,

just a quite dramatic improvement in the appearance of the world where you don't

already have FTX regions.

It was one of the products that I bought as soon as it was released and I have never

regretted doing so.

I also hated the default straight line coastlines and square lakes, so I bought Vector as well.

Naturally, the decision must be yours but I can recommend them both for use outside your

regions.

Eagle, when I reinstall FSX (very rarely) my first add on is always FTX Global. It is a massive game changer in textures, in landscapes. I want to see meadows in England and rice paddies in Thailand, and FTX Global gives me that. It is the single most useful add on, whatever the price. It is worth it! 

Sounds good, but I fly North America bush, and rarely venture over seas.PNG is the acceptation.  In FSX I added all NA, Alaska and SNZ. I do like S.E Asia. As stated, I fly P3D v4.1.

Would adding Global now create any issues with my current installs? I don't want to do any re installing. I rarely have time to fly, let alone having to re install. 

Thanks for offering your opinions.

Eagle