Outstanding addition, and I thought you were busy with an airport in Australia :) Great choice, close to Block Island and several other jewels. I am ready for KSNC. How you also found time to bring an update of KSAN is beyond my understanding. Fantastic news!

I'm in , CC ready and waiting .

Cheers

John

Does the scenery go as far as Goodspeed Airport, Goodspeed Opera House, and Gillette Castle?

Russ

• Like 1

Yes! Just recently flew to Chester to look at an RV -4 and fly over it often on my way to East Haddam for lunch at Goodspeed Airport 42B. Looks awesome!

KSAN looks great.

Brian

Chester looks awesome, just so much character to this airport.  I was hoping to see some environmental sounds listed in the feature list, but otherwise it looks perfect.

Hi Matteo,

You've caught my attention - sir... We're starting to get a reasonable selection of high quality airports in New England lately and it is GREATLY appreciated... KBHB, KBID, 2B2, 6B6, KACK, and possibly a 42B in the works (fingers crossed) - and now this...

If you're ever looking for anything else in the area KMTP (Montauk Airport) is very cool - has water - beach - boats - and resort town for high visual interest...

Can I ask - LOL - how you possibly chose Chester - seems obscure - especially on the international scene ?

Thanks...

Regards,
Scott

Thank you all for your feedback!

I have found Chester very interesting because of the characteristic runway and apron, it is a quite challenging airport. :)

Cheers, Matteo 

• Like 1

First off, Wonderful work on KSNC and KSAN so far!  If you are working in that area I would LOVE to see 42B AND if you are looking for another airport that is close to KBID I would be very Quick to suggest my home airport KHTO it has tons of traffic during the summer and would be a great area to develop. Also I am loving this upcoming update to KSAN but I would very much like to see the option of using those fantastic new jetways as animated jetways. Preferably with SODE but CTRL + J is fine too

Edited by mac14

Beautiful and interesting little airport.

With the slopes everywhere and the hangars either side of the runway it appears to be a challenging place to fly into.

I like the steam engine too.:)

Hi Folks,

FYI: Bill Womack may be doing 42B - in fact I may be flying in this weekend to photograph the airport for textures...

Regards,

Scott

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

FYI: Bill Womack may be doing 42B - in fact I may be flying in this weekend to photograph the airport for textures...

That's good news. I fly nearly exclusively GA and I need regions with nearby nice airports. Thus I will happily get anything I can fly to within, say, one hour with a Cessna. Bill's of course a master, but ORBX Chester from the pix above looks beautiful as well.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 2

The update to KSAN looks great. Any chance you can revisit the AFCAD? Still cargo aircraft at the gates and vica versa. Also there is a regional ramp if you look on google. I noticed that all the parking is tagged as Large GA. Really should be small, medium and large gates for the terminal.

Regarding animated Jetways, our in-house team is making good progress on our new Jetways module using ESSA as the guinea pig. We hope to have this module tested and released in the new year sometime. At that point KSAN can be patched to take advantage of this new tech.

Can't wait! This is so great.  The Essex area has long been our Summer vacation destination, and the old freeware version has been a favorite. I too would love to see nearby 42B, and would hope to see included POIs Goodspeed Opera House, the swing bridge and Gillette's Castle.

Hi Matteo,

I have KSAN at present, but when I open FTX Central V3, there is no update for KSAN SP1?

2 hours ago, XCLTM3 said:

Hi Matteo,

I have KSAN at present, but when I open FTX Central V3, there is no update for KSAN SP1?

Hi,

KSAN SP1 has not been already released.

Matteo

9 hours ago, Matteo Veneziani said:

Hi,

KSAN SP1 has not been already released.

Matteo

Thanks for clarifying this Matteo. I was going to edit my post to ask you "when will KSAN SP1 be ready?" when I realized in your statement that KSAN SP1 and KSNC were still in development......but couldn't edit.

On 12/4/2017 at 10:00 AM, Ken Q said:

Can't wait! This is so great.  The Essex area has long been our Summer vacation destination, and the old freeware version has been a favorite. I too would love to see nearby 42B, and would hope to see included POIs Goodspeed Opera House, the swing bridge and Gillette's Castle.

Which old freeware version are you referring to?

Russ

It's in the Orbx NA Airports freeware package, along with Goodspeeds, Groton-New London, New Haven, Hartford, Robertson, and a few other Connecticut airports.

4 hours ago, Ken Q said:

It's in the Orbx NA Airports freeware package, along with Goodspeeds, Groton-New London, New Haven, Hartford, Robertson, and a few other Connecticut airports.

Oh, OK... I was hoping there was some other scenery that I hadn't known about...

Thanks,

Russ

No, Russ, not any that I know of.  Orbx freeware is great, but the fully developed pay ware is really special, especially since it always covers some of the surrounding area. 

Couldn't help but notice your B1B service.  My wife worked for AIL Systems back in the late '80s and early '90s.  They had a contract for much of the avionics for the B1B.  She wrote the manuals for much of the EW software. I'm a Navy retiree.

Ken

Matteo, it's about 3AM here in Chester and I literally just woke up for work today only to think I was still dreaming when I picked up my phone and saw a Gmail notification that someone at Orbx had done my little hometown airport!  I just finished taking a look at the screenshots and I have to say you have done my airport a great service.  I used to fly out of there with a neighbor of mine in his Piper when I was a teenager and that's how I got my obsession with flying.  This airport has sentimental value to me, every day I hear little single engine aircraft take off and fly over my house and my place of work.  I happen to be good friends with the vice president of aviation at Whelen, he will be absolutely thrilled when I show him this next time I see him.  I've been a customer of Orbx for a little over a year now but somehow I haven't been registered on the forums since I made my account today to post this.  Well done sir, you have made my YEAR!

• Like 2