Adam Banks

NZWR (Whangarei) Preview Screenshots

Just revisited this thread because they're so amazing.  Did you take these yourself Adam?  I agree with Nirgal above that this is probably the finest Orbx airport yet.

• Like 1

Jack, they Said it was in beta testing and due out by the holidays. I agree with you and I'm going to add this one to the scenery list also.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dog4Zero said:

Jack, they Said it was in beta testing and due out by the holidays. I agree with you and I'm going to add this one to the scenery list also.

Thanks.  Well, for us Yanks, "the holidays" include Thanksgiving, which is 9 days so I was hoping.  :D  No problem, money is waiting...

10 hours ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

Yep - first one should be framed....

Hope Alex got an all expense paid trip to visit the subject of his artwork...

:P

Regards,

Scott

No unfortunately he didn't Scott. However, if he ever did there is a bed for him at our place where he can watch the aeroplanes come and go. :)

• Like 1

Adam, you do our country proud.  Gosh, you have me wondering whether to move from The Naki and head up there.

Absolutely stunning and truly represents that area.  What you view on there is exact.  Well done Adam.

Jim.

This part of the world is completely unknown to me. You might say "come over to Down Under to fly there....." and maybe you are right!

But you can't do all and you have to make choices, at least that is my opinion.

That's why I fly only in Europe and North America and first want to complete these continents with Orbx regions.

But I have to admit that the pictures from the OP are beautiful and it must be a pleasure to live and fly there !

Regards Fred

A top class set to show off this wonderful location.

Great to see another NZ airport coming out.

Hopefully some more to follow:).

• Like 1

Fred.

We would love to see you down here one day, but don't leave it to long.  We will even teach you the HAKA.:P

Jim.

• Like 1

Sold, of course. NZ is still my favorite region (both)... It as everything a region - country could wish for. On top it's so FPS friendly.

I just can't wait for this one

Ben 

On 15/11/2017 at 10:11 PM, Sundancer said:

...are beautiful and it must be a pleasure to live and fly there !

Regards Fred

Oh you are so right Fred. 'We love it here in Whangarei'. :wub:  And Alex and his team have done us proud. 

The only knowledge I have from NZ is from the LotR trilogy. Wow...what a beautiful scenery.

Was the filmset location at the Northern Island, where you live (yes I looked it up) or at the Southern Island ?

Regards Fred

Wow, fantastic screenies, Adam !! 

On 14.11.2017 at 4:56 PM, Adam Banks said:

BTW, folks, I can't make any replies in this part of the forum. If you have any questions, one of the devs may respond (I'm only a tester!).

I think you misspelled that, Adam Didn't you mean "Teaser" instead of "Tester"? :):)

Edited by bernd1151

On 17/11/2017 at 12:38 AM, Sundancer said:

The only knowledge I have from NZ is from the LotR trilogy. Wow...what a beautiful scenery.

Was the filmset location at the Northern Island, where you live (yes I looked it up) or at the Southern Island ?

Regards Fred

So sorry it has taken so long to reply Fred. I forgot!

As far as I know, none of the filming for LoR was done this far north. Hobit Town was filmed in Cambridge, south of Hamilton and is still there for tourists to visit. Quite popular I believe. I think most of it was filmed in the South Island.

Quite a bit of the "Mutiny On The Bounty" was filmed off the north heads of Whangarei harbour, because it looks so much like Tahiti.

Edited by tuisong

On 16.11.2017 at 12:38 PM, Sundancer said:

Regards Fred

On 20.1.2018 at 1:42 AM, tuisong said:

So sorry it has taken so long to reply Fred. I forgot!

As far as I know, none of the filming for LoR was done this far north. Hobit Town was filmed in Cambridge, south of Hamilton and is still there for tourists to visit. Quite popular I believe. I think most of it was filmed in the South Island.

Quite a bit of the "Mutiny On The Bounty" was filmed off the north heads of Whangarei harbour, because it looks so much like Tahiti.

Roger is correct. There are only 2 LOR filming locations on the North Island. Tourism New Zealand has quite a good website about all of the LOR filming sets. Here is the link:

https://www.newzealand.com/my/feature/the-lord-of-the-rings-trilogy-filming-locations/

Some more locations for the Hobbit Trology

https://www.newzealand.com/ie/feature/the-hobbit-trilogy-filming-locations/

For some strange reasons (Iguess advertising/marketing laws or strategies) the very impressive  Aratiatia Rapids and Huka Huka Falls on the Waikato River near Taupo are not mentioned on these sites, although some Hobbit scenes have been filmed there

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Huka_Falls

Edited by wolfko
  • Thanks 1