Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Well done Alex! That looks great. It is very good to see an airport release for North Island. 

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow that is fantastic and glad to see NZ getting some love again.

 

Cheers

 

Miles

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Day 1 purchase for me. Could have been a little bigger coverage photoreal area or perhaps I am just getting used to airport in the FTX Global range like Innsbruck or all the latest talk about The Netherlands etc. Still amazing though :)

 

Edited by mikced76
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Next Day 1 purchase also for me. Pity that there are so few NZ airports considering the fact that NZ North and South Island exist now for quiet some years.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Such great news to hear!! So glad that NZNI will have a new airport to fly to and an incredible looking one at that. Great work Alex, really looking forward to its release! I am loving the S-76 in the heliport, it looks great!!

 

Anyone interested in additional NZ scenery, check out Godzone Virtual Flight (http://windowlight.co.nz/godzoneWP/) They are hard at work also and specialise in NZ! 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cozy little airport and huge surroundings. I love it. With NZ being my favourit FTX regions this made my day. You can never have too many NZ airports.

Wonderful details.

Edited by Vora
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very well done Alex. Phantastic work for a phantastic destination.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BTW: is there any good scenery for NZAA on the market that works in P3Dv4.1? Would be nice to do some VFR flights out of the bigger Airport to NZWR then...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, AnkH said:

BTW: is there any good scenery for NZAA on the market that works in P3Dv4.1? Would be nice to do some VFR flights out of the bigger Airport to NZWR then...

 NZAA is on its way from FlightBeam, last I heard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, I know. But according to their forums, a release in 2017 is rather unlikely... So I wondered if there is something already available...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, thanks so much for returning to beautiful NZ!. Is it possible to give two hearts at a time...?:)

 

Kind regards, Michael

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OH HAPPY MONDAY for all the ORBX Minions around the globe!   This is a piece of history here, as we have, at long last, reached the North Island Region with a proper airport!  

 

Really a perfect location to choose, guys, well done!
 

The shots are stunning.  Quality looks off the charts, even for Alex G.  The river estuary there looks incredible, as do all the POI objects.  A lot of extra scenery, this is not just an airport or even a town but from the looks here, it is a sizeable area - will be another playground for rotor-heads.  I am loving this.

 

Why can't all Mondays start like this?  I think I will go purchase a few lotto tickets today.

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is looking stunning! Well chosen location indeed. Congratulations Alex on your outstanding work. You keep on adding wonders to the ORBX world! I hope too that someday we will see Donegal airport in Ireland which has a similar beautiful approach: https://www.independent.ie/life/travel/travel-news/donegal-airport-voted-second-most-scenic-landing-on-earth-35656392.html

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally a NZ airport again!! Oh please some more of them! I never bought NZNI and NZSI is fading away at my system because of the lack of good quality airports.. Now this could be a new start maybe? And as soon as there is FB Auckland there will be a place that connects the dots.

 

Very nice decision!

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Absolutely fabulous, well guess I will have to buy New Zealand now. Poor wallet. Derek.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will you please stop this nonsense. I keep telling my wife I don't need any more scenery, then you pull something like this.. plus I am saving for Aus when it comes out next year.

Only jokin' lads.. Magic,  Bring it on.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, teecee said:

Will you please stop this nonsense. I keep telling my wife I don't need any more scenery, then you pull something like this.. plus I am saving for Aus when it comes out next year.

Only jokin' lads.. Magic,  Bring it on.

Exactly the same direction I needed to tell my wife, too. But some things we can´t resist (and why should we?)...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn't see this till now.  When?  Holy cow this and the Netherlands are Instant buys!  Can't wait as it looks like 64 bit is making things look better all the time!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very impressive level of detail throughout.

For example, referring to the shot labelled "NZWR Landside Parking area", the white car on the right is a Honda, I can pick the badge & the tail lights look correct - no longer are cars rectangular blobs! 

Well done. A must have for NZ flying.

TTM

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's a great selection! Beautiful airport, located in a gorgeous area.

Question: Will Runway lead-in lights system be simulated for night-time approaches? 

That will be fantastic.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, mikced76 said:

Day 1 purchase for me. Could have been a little bigger coverage photoreal area or perhaps I am just getting used to airport in the FTX Global range like Innsbruck or all the latest talk about The Netherlands etc. Still amazing though :)

 

 

The coverage is much smaller than Innsbruck for sure, the overview image minimizes the township area due to the viewing angle and some lens distortion. I'll post a KML that gives a clearer picture later, but for comparison the photoreal area is roughly the same size as KMRY, KRDD, and PAKT. 

 

16 hours ago, Ripcord said:

OH HAPPY MONDAY for all the ORBX Minions around the globe!   This is a piece of history here, as we have, at long last, reached the North Island Region with a proper airport!  

 

Really a perfect location to choose, guys, well done!
 

The shots are stunning.  Quality looks off the charts, even for Alex G.  The river estuary there looks incredible, as do all the POI objects.  A lot of extra scenery, this is not just an airport or even a town but from the looks here, it is a sizeable area - will be another playground for rotor-heads.  I am loving this.

 

Why can't all Mondays start like this?  I think I will go purchase a few lotto tickets today.

 

 

The helicopter playground is a really big part of this project, there are quite a few rescue ops that can be carried out :)

 

1 hour ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Didn't see this till now.  When?  Holy cow this and the Netherlands are Instant buys!  Can't wait as it looks like 64 bit is making things look better all the time!

 

Hopefully by the start of the holiday season if all testing and final development goes according to plan.

 

1 hour ago, TigerTigerM said:

Very impressive level of detail throughout.

For example, referring to the shot labelled "NZWR Landside Parking area", the white car on the right is a Honda, I can pick the badge & the tail lights look correct - no longer are cars rectangular blobs! 

Well done. A must have for NZ flying.

TTM

 

 

 

Those are some of our newest car models, I have scattered them around the highest detail areas, you'll see more than a handful at Whangarei.

 

1 hour ago, ftxpolo said:

That's a great selection! Beautiful airport, located in a gorgeous area.

Question: Will Runway lead-in lights system be simulated for night-time approaches? 

That will be fantastic.

 

The lead-in lights in the bay are present, with flashing lights at night. 

 

Thanks for looking everyone, this has been a long project and it is well worth it hearing your feedback so far!

  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Absolutely perfect Alex, very well done.

What  a wonderful array of teasing views too.

So good to see an airport in the Antipodes after all this while and I do understand why!

1 hour ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Didn't see this till now.  When?  Holy cow this and the Netherlands are Instant buys!  Can't wait as it looks like 64 bit is making things look better all the time!

Same here Jack, strange isn't it.

1 hour ago, TigerTigerM said:

For example, referring to the shot labelled "NZWR Landside Parking area", the white car on the right is a Honda, I can pick the badge & the tail lights look correct - no longer are cars rectangular blobs! 

Well done. A must have for NZ flying.

TTM

Yeah, a Honda Civic no less.

Call them prawn cars as those red tail light look like cooked prawns when lit up at night.:blink::wacko::lol:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking forward Alex , Well done , the Scenery looks fantastic :rolleyes:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Alex Goff said:

Hopefully by the start of the holiday season if all testing and final development goes according to plan.

 

Thanks Alex!  Money is waiting, really look forward to this.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/11/2017 at 2:05 AM, mikced76 said:

Day 1 purchase for me

 

Same for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

Wow and wow!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

Thanks Alex

 

Ben

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a surprise to wake too.  Beg, borrow or steal the money this is mine.  Alex, congratulations.  You are so talented.  Believe me world, scenery in this area is magnificent you'll love it.

 

Jim.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×