Hello.

Sorry if I miss it but does orbx is working on a new region ?

If so do we know which one or at least on which continent ?

Region are my preferred orbx product  by far.

Following the results of the poll made by Orbx between Germany, Italy, France, Spain, Rest of Scandinavia, and Holland  and the claims by JV on it , if i remember correctly the next region should be Italy !!!  Any confirmation appreciated !!!

My vote has always been the Hawaii islands. If I recall JV replied to one of my earelier post saying something about a problem getting good photoreal images as they wanted to make it mostly photoreal. I still think they should do Hawaii though but perhaps a landclass based region rather than photoreal. Some good Hawaii airprts to go with that and the islands will be a treat to fly :)

Mike

Edited by mikced76
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Well. Italy would be nice, but maybe just extend Germany South in a southerly direction and pick up Switzerland, Austria and parts of France and Italy? :D

• Like 5

I think Italy was a very good choice (if it's still valid). You may keep in mind that Austria has excellent area Photo scenery already available from another maker. Switzerland has good (albeit a bit dated) Photo scenery available from yet another maker, too, which even has been upgraded to Prepar3d4 recently. Of course there is limited compatibility between Landclass and Photo sceneries but this fact would certainly diminish potential sales in any case. 

The same applies to France, which has been requested from time to time.

Italy, on the other hand, has no good area payware scenery available at all (I wouldn't call the one available "good"). Plus, it got the most voices after Germany during the poll. Plus, it has a lot of payware airports available already (perhaps more than any other European country, maybe except the UK), and provides an excellent VFR flying region with a varied geographic profile.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 1

I agree with Michael--Italy would be the logical next choice, and it would be mine as well.  After that the Balkans, stretching south into Greece.  Beautiful scenery there, folks.  The Dalmatian coast is fabulous!

Edited by Stewart Hobson
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Stewart Hobson said:

After that the Balkans, stretching south into Greece. Beautiful scenery there, folks.  The Dalmatian coast is fabulous!

+1

I too have been wanting Italy (and the Balkans too!) and agree with Michael's observations above. All that said, whatever direction Orbx has decided to go, I am sure we will be surprised and will eventually enjoy it.

• Like 1

I've been flying above Germany for two evenings now and I have to say I really and utterly regret Orbx decided to not create scenery for the Netherlands. It's such a small country: that shouldn't be too much work, now should it? ;) I know JV said a long, long, long time ago that Orbx wouldn't work on Holland because there is freeware photoreal scenery for it but frankly, imho that freeware scenery er... isn't to my liking, to put it mildly, and the photoreal is too different from FTX regions in order to let it rule a region out. But well...

Why not Belgium, the Netherlands and Luxemburg, the original Benelux, beeing the roots of the EU, as a single region ?

Then it serves also as intermediate region between Germany and the UK. 

Together with France in the future....wow, what an imposant part of Western-Europe that should be !

Fred

• Like 2

11 hours ago, paulb said:

Well. Italy would be nice, but maybe just extend Germany South in a southerly direction and pick up Switzerland, Austria and parts of France and Italy? :D

Switzerland is indeed overdue with some fresh scenery. The Switzerland Professional X scenery is quite dated now. With the mountains and the many iconic places (Matterhorn, Lucerne, St. Moritz, Zurich etc etc), this would be a perfect ORBX region. With the recent Saanen freeware scenery, my hopes are up :)

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

Why not Belgium, the Netherlands and Luxemburg, the original Benelux, beeing the roots of the EU, as a single region ?

Then it serves also as intermediate region between Germany and the UK. 

Because the poll volted for (i) Germany (ii) Italy. Anyone was invited to take part in it and a representative number of forum readers did take the opportunity.

Besides, as I already mentioned, this is a decision not only to be based on "beautiful" or "important" or such alone. There are economic aspects as well. Sceneries featuring mountains have been proven to sell well. NL, e.g., lacks them.

BTW, there is one more aspect not yet mentioned. If memory serves me right, JV mentioned once, Holger and his team will be tasked with AeroflyFS2 scenery (supposedly PNW for AeroflyFS2) after completion of Germany South.

Kind regards, Michael

9 minutes ago, pmb said:

BTW, there is one more aspect not yet mentioned. If memory serves me right, JV mentioned once, Holger and his team will be tasked with AeroflyFS2 scenery (supposedly PNW for AeroflyFS2) after completion of Germany South.

I hope so much this will be the next ORBX product! But IPACS says early september they have to finish working about interaction between AFS2 content and 3rd party addon content before we can see new ORBX scenery. So don't know if it's ok now and ORBX can begin working PNW for AFS2, or if we have to wait more time.

4 minutes ago, Raspou said:

I hope so much this will be the next ORBX product! But IPACS says early september they have to finish working about interaction between AFS2 content and 3rd party addon content before we can see new ORBX scenery.

More recent official news are that the will finalize Early Access soon and also release a DVD version. Besides, they just completed and released a number of scenery design tools (for ground scenery and airport development ).

Kind regards, Michael

Thanks you all for the reply.

So I understand there is no official decision on the next region (if any) but a poll that propose Germany first and then Italy.

So likelihood to be Italy but nothing official.

Thanks again

Michael, you say you dont like the free Italy photoreal 0.50 m per pixel season variation project covering all of Italy with autogen? whats wrong with it? I Just tried parts of it so I cant really judge from that alone but it seems great to me based on what it offers, at least on paper :)

mike

5 minutes ago, mikced76 said:

Michael, you say you dont like the free Italy photoreal 0.50 m per pixel season variation project covering all of Italy with autogen? whats wrong with it? I Just tried parts of it so I cant really judge from that alone but it seems great to me based on what it offers, at least on paper :)

mike

Please read carefully. I was explicitely referring to Payware scenery only by purpose, and I had a certain product in mind indeed.

Freeware is another basket. The freeware Italy photoreal scenery is an ambitious project indeed, which I have all respect for, even more as it adds autogen as you say. However, it lacks aspects which I find important for a complete scenery, e.g., POIs, which are lacking from that project to my best knowledge. POIs are an important (to me) aspect of ORBX sceneries, as the recently released GES shows again. Another aspect are the numerous enhaced smaller airports which really come to life in the more recent ORBX sceneries.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

As I recall JV said the Netherlands wouldn't be done by Orbx because of the excellent freeware available. I threw up my hands in despair because at the time there was no fast broadband in my area and that scenery was massive. I have it installed now and, even though I hear voices disliking photoreal, I am happy with it. Cities are a little sparser in terms of 3D scenery than Orbx, but in general - and especially as it's free (you can donate!) it has the Netherlands covered with photoreal, autogen, landmarks and airfields.

However, Belgium is another story. Therefore I think one day, as suggested above, a BeNeLux package would be welcome. Alternatively, Vector and Open LC form a good basis for third party designers or perhaps an odd full-fat scenery.

I'll take whatever Orbx offers.

Edited by johnfromoz

On 10/3/2017 at 2:23 AM, paulb said:

I agree.  The next region could include Switzerland, Austria, and the northern 1/3 of Italy. 

Dave

• Like 2

I would love France or Spain or Belgium even seeing as it’s quite a small area all so they are the closest to where I live but I will be happy with anything. Derek.

If Italy 

17 hours ago, dave302 said:

I agree.  The next region could include Switzerland, Austria, and the northern 1/3 of Italy. 

Dave

That would make sense :). Fingers crossed!

Europe: Sweden → Finland → Denmark → Austria → Switzerland → France → Italy

North America: New England Maritimes →  Southern Rockies... Come on guys, all USA and Canada will be perfect in FTX Custom Regions. :)

That's my dreams. )))

As I am from the land of down under (Australia) I would be more than happy to see more Aussie airports , such as kingsford Smith , Adelaide and Perth international airports , and some  more general aviation airports ,  

On 03/10/2017 at 8:20 PM, Raspou said:

I hope so much this will be the next ORBX product! But IPACS says early september they have to finish working about interaction between AFS2 content and 3rd party addon content before we can see new ORBX scenery. So don't know if it's ok now and ORBX can begin working PNW for AFS2, or if we have to wait more time.

Yes the next region will be PNW for AeroflyFS2. The process is already underway between IPACS and Orbx.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, John Venema said:

Netherlands. Watch this space, announcement and preview shots soon. Completely new tech for an FTX region too.

Oh my!!! Now you got me excited!!! :) I'll be watching this space for sure until I know all there is to know! 'New tech' sounds pretty interesting too!

And PNW for AFS2 will be a must have too. Exciting times.

Edited by J van E

2 hours ago, John Venema said:

Netherlands. Watch this space, announcement and preview shots soon. Completely new tech for an FTX region too.

New tech... live poldering? :D

2 hours ago, John Venema said:

Yes the next region will be PNW for AeroflyFS2. The process is already underway between IPACS and Orbx.

Wow! You are a busy boy JV! :D

6 hours ago, John Venema said:

I JUST PEED MY PANTS!!!

This is by far my biggest wish! OrbX Netherlands!!! As a Dutchman I can’t wait to fly over my Home country! 

NL2000 was good, but this will be heaven!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Netherlands sounds nice, but I was hoping that you would consider doing Denmark, so it's possible to fly over Orbx scenery from the very south of Germany to the North Cape in the very top of Norway. Denmark is a very small project if we compare it with regions you have already done, so it shouldn't be that hard to do :-) :-) :-)

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, jlund said:

Denmark is a very small project

I also hope the projects get smaller... and the file sizes get bigger!:D