FTX UK IN P3D V4.....simply amazing....(click on the image for full size view)

wWGaQTK.jpg

nxmnVzA.jpg

UIwA1qk.jpg

TNP94cF.jpg

eZVw9mB.jpg

Edited by Eziocin
  • Like 1

Wow!

Very nice. What are your autogen, HDR, shadow etc settings for these?

Wonderful set, folks are getting the most amazing results these days.:)

6 hours ago, GlennH said:

Wow!

Very nice. What are your autogen, HDR, shadow etc settings for these?

thanks..! I am using Ultimate Realism Pack 1.1 as PTA preset (standalone application) with its recommended HDR settings (1.1, 0.8, 1.0). Shadow quality is set to high and graphic settings are all maxed out except LOD radius and Autogen draw distance which are set to Ultra and High respectively: when using a GA aircraft, even if not a stock one (in this case it is the wonderful A2A PA28) I can run with such settings quite well (obviously I cannot keep the same settings with more complex addons).

I had to pick up my jaw off the floor!  These are some extremely fine shots, I mean they look like photos.  Please post more and maybe enter one in the screenshot contest.

Thanks.....and there is absolutely no post processing or editing..... the level of realism of this scenery in P3DV4 is unbelievable.....

A few more shots added...... hope you enjoy it...!

MgoorQy.jpg

aY2uMgw.jpg

f9fHijh.jpg

rm6ur90.jpg

R8Z5jVU.jpg

• Like 1

Amazing.  I use PTA but with REX.  They're so good looking I can't stop looking at all the detail.  Very nice setup you have there.

I have REX Texture Direct w Soft Clouds, but recently I have replaced the sky textures with the ones that are included in the URP 1.1 package....they fit very well with these presets... and what really gives a great added value in terms of visuals is the use of a 34" UltraWide Monitor....this has really been a game changer for me...

Edited by Eziocin
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Eziocin said:

I have REX Texture Direct w Soft Clouds, but recently I have replaced the sky textures with the ones that are included in the URP 1.1 package....they fit very well with these presets...

How did you do this?  Just download the URP package then figure out where the textures are located and overwrite?  What about backups?  Very interesting what you did here and I love your shots.  You make England look absolutely amazingly lifelike.

The URP 1.1 for P3D V4 comes as an installer (http://ultimaterealismpack.weebly.com/download.html) which is able to install the presets (actually you do not install them via PTA), and a folder with Sky textures that you have to manually copy and paste into the P3D texture folder. Then you have to manually adjust HDR settings in accordance with the values reported in the instructions, and that's it. In terms of backups you just need to back up the P3D texture folder before doing this. The entire process is quite straightforward and takes just less than 5 minutes. Personally I find the URP 1.1 presets by far the best one among all the ones I have seen ...

Also bear in mind this is V4....with Hi Res Ground texture option selected..... I mean, I have greatly enjoyed England also in FSX and P3DV3, but V4 is definitely raising the bar.... 

Edited by Eziocin
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Eziocin said:

The URP 1.1 for P3D V4 comes as an installer (http://ultimaterealismpack.weebly.com/download.html) which is able to install the presets (actually you do not install them via PTA), and a folder with Sky textures that you have to manually copy and paste into the P3D texture folder. Then you have to manually adjust HDR settings in accordance with the values reported in the instructions, and that's it. In terms of backups you just need to back up the P3D texture folder before doing this. The entire process is quite straightforward and takes just less than 5 minutes. Personally I find the URP 1.1 presets by far the best one among all the ones I have seen ...

Also bear in mind this is V4....with Hi Res Ground texture option selected..... I mean, I have greatly enjoyed England also in FSX and P3DV3, but V4 is definitely raising the bar.... 

Thank you for that detailed explanation.  I might do it.  But one thing puzzles me, as I use REX it has already made changes to the textures.  So to get the very original textures I'd have to uninstall REX first?

Can you please PM me with the exact steps and all settings HDR and all that?  If you don't have the time I'll understand, I just want to make my Orbx scenery look even better.

Looking very sharp !! .

Cheers

John