Sign in to follow this  
paulb

Global Vector

Hi,

I have all of the full fat regions (which I prefer) and most of the related airports.

In the sale I have purchased global base pack and global open LC North America together with KEGE Eagle County Regional Airport.

I generally fly low and slow, hence my preference for the full fat regions with the extra detail etc

Anyway, to the point of my post - is it worth purchasing Global Vector? 

Opinions please.

Cheers Paul

Whenever you leave the FTX regions, it is absolutely worth it.

Not only all the infrastructure networks, especially coastlines and bodies of water are worth it in my opinion.

• Upvote 1

I agree with the above post.

If you have all 4 the landclass, global, vector and the mesh it is very good.  Not as good as a full region, but still very good.

• Upvote 1

Paul, like you I much prefer the full FAT regions. That said, I have come to realize that a close second is the Global Base, Vector and OpenLC combo. Once I realized just how good that trio is together, my FTX world really opened up in a big way. And, I am a GA flyer like yourself, so embracing that scenery trio also enabled me to fully enjoy those airport packages that exist outside the full FAT regions, of which there are some of my favorites. So, YES, Vector is worth it, in my opinion. ;)

• Upvote 1

I agree...once you get outside the Full-Fat regions the difference Vector makes is amazing (especially since you already have the LC and Base pack).....Doug

• Upvote 1

Like you I'm a GA flyer, and if you're wanting VFR style flying, then Vector provides accurate roads, train lines, power lines, parks, golf courses.... its definitely worth the investment.  

Edited by tmarshall
  • Upvote 1

Thanks for your advice chaps! :)

I bit the bullet and now have Global Base, Vector and Open LC for North America and Europe.

Cheers

Paul