Iain Emms

Testing my new mesh.

12 minutes ago, Simu67 said:

Hi ,

Global 2018 ?;)

Yes its FS Global Ultimate 2018. a big download though over 76Gb or 19 DVDs.Unwrapped and installed around 136Gb.

cheers

Iain

I have what will probably be considered a dumb question.  How come Orbx don't have this already built into their product line rather than have to buy 3rd party? :wub:

2 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Yes its FS Global Ultimate 2018. a big download though over 76Gb or 19 DVDs.Unwrapped and installed around 136Gb.

cheers

Iain

First, Iain I'm speechless!  Number four is a stunner!  Is this the PILOT'S - FS Global Ultimate - Next Generation FTX (Download) | The FlightSim Store mesh?  If so I'm all OVER it!

7 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

First, Iain I'm speechless!  Number four is a stunner!  Is this the PILOT'S - FS Global Ultimate - Next Generation FTX (Download) | The FlightSim Store mesh?  If so I'm all OVER it!

Yes Jack that's the one.

9 hours ago, FireRx said:

I have what will probably be considered a dumb question.  How come Orbx don't have this already built into their product line rather than have to buy 3rd party? :wub:

Yes all Orbx products have a mesh with them or you can download one like Holger mesh for Australia but I wanted a more detailed mesh.

cheers

Iaon

• Upvote 1

Congrats Iain on your new purchase. I have had Ultimate NG since it came out and it certainly enhances the visuals doesn't it? I would be very interested to see how you handle the various anomalies of troughs and plateaux that will occur. I assume you also download and installed the special AFM2 flattening programme? As you know the AFM is designed to be used where Vector AEC doesn't have the ICAO of the airport you may have an elevation problem with. However I find it is better in many circumstances than the AEC, so sometimes it best to remove the AEC ICAO from Vector and install the ICAO flattening from AFM.

What metre resolution are you using in your sim? Are you sticking with the 5m recommendation? Also are you still having it enabled when you fly in a FTX Region with it's own mesh. I do, and see no adverse affect 99% of the time.

So now we will see many of your superb pics and preview shots in greater detail especially of course in the mountainous areas.

I would ask if you would be good enough to answer my questions above as I look to you as somewhat of an expert and may learn from you regarding mesh settings etc since we are now operating the same mesh.

11 minutes ago, jjaycee1 said:

Congrats Iain on your new purchase. I have had Ultimate NG since it came out and it certainly enhances the visuals doesn't it? I would be very interested to see how you handle the various anomalies of troughs and plateaux that will occur. I assume you also download and installed the special AFM2 flattening programme? As you know the AFM is designed to be used where Vector AEC doesn't have the ICAO of the airport you may have an elevation problem with. However I find it is better in many circumstances than the AEC, so sometimes it best to remove the AEC ICAO from Vector and install the ICAO flattening from AFM.

What metre resolution are you using in your sim? Are you sticking with the 5m recommendation? Also are you still having it enabled when you fly in a FTX Region with it's own mesh. I do, and see no adverse affect 99% of the time.

So now we will see many of your superb pics and preview shots in greater detail especially of course in the mountainous areas.

I would ask if you would be good enough to answer my questions above as I look to you as somewhat of an expert and may learn from you regarding mesh settings etc since we are now operating the same mesh.

I haven't downloaded or installed AFM, Yes I have it enabled when flying in Orbx regions my settings are below for you.

cheers

Iain

2.jpg

Looks mighty impressive Iain...does it have any hit on your load times?

I can see two choices...Is FS Global 2018 or FS Global Ultimate-Next Generation the way to go? the later appears to give 1m resolution...

Edited by Capt Pugwash

1 minute ago, Capt Pugwash said:

Looks mighty impressive Iain...does it have any hit on your load times?

I can see two choices...Is FS Global 2018 or FS Global Ultimate the way to go? the later appears to give 1m resolution...

No hit on my machine at all, Yes I went for the Ultimate myself better resolution but a bigger download and a few quid extra.

cheers

Iain

57 minutes ago, Iain Emms said:

No hit on my machine at all, Yes I went for the Ultimate myself better resolution but a bigger download and a few quid extra.

cheers

Iain

Hello Iain , Your shots are Very Impressive , I like them all :rolleyes:

I Just Bought FS Global 2018 ( So I could save some gb's ... Since fs Ultimate is huge ! ) .

Any Chance you can share with us the Rest of your Settings ? And ,

Have you add Anything in Prepar3dV4  cfg.  ?

Thank you Very much ,

Mike

1 hour ago, Iain Emms said:

cheers

Iain

Thanks Iain...I will put it on the shopping list for today, this will make my Orbx / P3Dv4 setup look even better...if thats possible...Did Birmingham to Prestwick in DC6 last night and think I said 'oh wow" at least 50 times!

Edited by Capt Pugwash

12 minutes ago, mikee said:

Hello Iain , Your shots are Very Impressive , I like them all :rolleyes:

I Just Bought FS Global 2018 ( So I could save some gb's ... Since fs Ultimate is huge ! ) .

Any Chance you can share with us the Rest of your Settings ? And ,

Have you add Anything in Prepar3dV4  cfg.  ?

Thank you Very much ,

Mike

My settings are above Mike and no nothing added to my Cfg.

cheers

Iain

19 minutes ago, Capt Pugwash said:

Thanks Iain...I will put it on the shopping list for today, this will make my Orbx / P3Dv4 setup look even better...if thats possible...Did Birmingham to Prestwick in DC6 last night and think I said 'oh wow" at least 50 times!

Nice one Shaun, im still looking around and im very impressed with the new mesh indeed.

cheers

Iain

Many thanks Iain. Your settings are exactly as mine are. Max details throughout. Do get the AFM as you will need it occasionally, 

8 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

My settings are above Mike and no nothing added to my Cfg.

cheers

Iain

Thank you very much Iain !

So Iain,

Can you confirm that with a 1m mesh resolution, P3D V4 does not show significantly more mesh morphing near the plane ?

Some Orbx developpers mean a 1m mesh could will affect dense construct areas with floating houses because the Orbx standard is 5m and so the developpers would have a very huge work to rearrange everything. (eg : I had strange bugs at Sekiu with 1m mesh, the tarmac was translucend).

PS : Could you make some screenies in Grand Canyon ? :wub:

Regards

eeeeep :wub:! That looks just amazing !   ...so do your settings lol :lol:

need to add that to my wish list along with a bigger SSD to fit it all, a fast CPU and GPU.:unsure: