Jump to content

ORBX Scenery load at 6% for 1 hour and a half


Recommended Posts

hi guys , i just recently installed my ORBX scenery and after i checked , its in my scenery library , but the thing is , after i press fly now , it only load at 6% and wont move for 1 hour and a half now , any suggestion to fix? ive been looking over forum to find fix , but no one talk about how to fix it except defrag.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Something's wrong!  Even the slowest system should get past that 6% block inside a few minutes.

 

It would help us to know your computer specs, and what scenery you've installed and what airport you're loading.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, John Dow said:

Something's wrong!  Even the slowest system should get past that 6% block inside a few minutes.

 

It would help us to know your computer specs, and what scenery you've installed and what airport you're loading.

my specs are high end

Direct X 11

Ram 16gb

VGA GTX 1060 6GB Nvidia

I7-3440 - 3,4 GHZ Asus

 

Scenery

ORBX Base package

AI traffic Australia New zealand

Holgermesh

Papua New Guinea 

European Airport Pack freeware

NA Airport Pack freeware

 

Was trying to fly from Sydney

1st WIII-WADD Soekarno Hatta - Bali

2nd YSSY - YSCB Sydney Kingsford Smith - Canberra International Airport.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well maybe the mix of sceneries you have is causing an unknown conflict.

 

My suggestion would be to untick all the ORBX sceneries in the Scenery Library.  Restart the sim.  Confirm that you can load scenery with just the Global Base which can't be disabled as it replaces the default textures. If it still hangs, then maybe something went wrong in the original install, if so, try uninstalling and then reinstalling.

 

If Global Base is working, add the other sceneries one by one, testing that the sim starts and you can fly, before loading the next one.  If any of them cause the sim to hang again, try uninstalling and reinstalling.

 

If you still have problems, and have other packages, freeware or payware, scenery or aircraft, it might be possible they are conflicting with the Orbx sceneries. That might require some unticking in the scenery library etc to find the cause.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, John Dow said:

Well maybe the mix of sceneries you have is causing an unknown conflict.

 

My suggestion would be to untick all the ORBX sceneries in the Scenery Library.  Restart the sim.  Confirm that you can load scenery with just the Global Base which can't be disabled as it replaces the default textures. If it still hangs, then maybe something went wrong in the original install, if so, try uninstalling and then reinstalling.

 

If Global Base is working, add the other sceneries one by one, testing that the sim starts and you can fly, before loading the next one.  If any of them cause the sim to hang again, try uninstalling and reinstalling.

 

If you still have problems, and have other packages, freeware or payware, scenery or aircraft, it might be possible they are conflicting with the Orbx sceneries. That might require some unticking in the scenery library etc to find the cause.

its resolve , thanks john dow

Link to post
Share on other sites

I sometimes have a problem with the scenery stalling at 83%. I just load a different airport (Usually CYEA since it is simple and away from any complex scenery. I then move the plane to the airport I want. This may not work for you but it does for me.

Larry

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've always suspected that this problem is to do with missing or conflicting objects and textures.
When you run into missing things when flying then the sim seems to hide it pretty much, but I wonder if when the same thing happens during initial scenery loading it causes the sim to struggle more as it tries to locate the missing resources. 

Try switching on 'ShowMissingTextureAlert/MissingLibraryAlert' in config (if this is FSX).
You'll probably get some errors showing up as the scenery loads and you'll be able to see at what point (loading percentage) the errors occur.
Some ORBX scenery definately has issues with this - I think it's when the scenery thinks resources are in the global library, but they're actually local, or vice versa.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm having the same thing but only if I load payware airliners.

 

Try first booting up P3D (is it P3D?) with the default aircraft. Close it and then start again, now with the airplane you intend to fly with.

 

I's been happening to me since the release of V4, but I believe it is due to some uncompatible scenery even tho they are installed following the xml approach.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TigerTigerM said:

Can you disclose what the problem was, & how you fixed it?

My P3D loads hang at 6%, not for a long time, but enough to be noticed.

TTM

errr , i use FSX instead of p3d , but in my case , i bought a FS2010 from steam (that was stupid) and i checked everything in the scenery library which is (default , orbx , fs2010) scenery , it was actually the scenery problem , i have to uncheck the fs2010 in order for ORBX to work because the fs2010 and orbx are trying to load , and only one of them can load , cant use both scenery.

 

hope that help

cheers.

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, billyemorie said:

errr , i use FSX instead of p3d , but in my case , i bought a FS2010 from steam (that was stupid) and i checked everything in the scenery library which is (default , orbx , fs2010) scenery , it was actually the scenery problem , i have to uncheck the fs2010 in order for ORBX to work because the fs2010 and orbx are trying to load , and only one of them can load , cant use both scenery.

 

hope that help

cheers.

Yes, helpful.

Thanks

TTM

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...