TigerTigerM

Many Orbx Freeware Airports P3DV4 Ready

I missed any announcement on this, but many of the Orbx Freeware airports are showing up in my  FTX Central for P3DV4 as "Not Installed'.

Checking Orbx I found they are listed for P3DV4, so although its not the full monty for Orbx airports, its a start.

TTM

They appeared while I was queuing the regions for installation (12 to go... Thanks Orbx for Central)).  Not tried to install, since they weren't announced.  But I guess they wouldn't be there if they weren't good to go.

Edited by Mickel

Installation of the airports works nice and fast - thanks a lot!  :)

Edited by Pidder

52 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

If true TTM this will indeed be a great birthday gift for me! :)

I may have stumbled into the load up as they seemed to keep appearing as I was installing them.

Includes Orbx Freeware Airports set for NA & Europe.

TTM

Either this is a sign of payware airports getting closer or it's a sign of ObjectFlow might be taking a lot longer than anticipated, so they are releasing these to tide us over :P

CAC8 and CAX6 have no pier. Don't worry. Time will fix this ;-)

Expected result, as ObjectFlow is not available

At least some of the airports do work like charm.

LSGK has no issues at all.

• Upvote 1

from announcement thread;

" We will be gauging the feedback to this move as we explore if to do the same for the payware airports."

this is not a good indication of ObjectFlow for P3Dv4 going to be ready any time soon :-(

• Upvote 2

Rejoice that they're coming, that they will be free and that right now you can fly from Bowerman again (and others, but I love Bowerman).  Orbx will get them to us as soon as they can so let's not sweat it!

2 hours ago, Ed Correia said:

Understood, risk accepted, I just installed them all.

As for feedback, I can give you mine right now: as long as they don't crash the sim, then go for it! I assume all problems will get sorted out in time through the normal update process and in the meantime I would rather have an airfield with no windsock than no airport at all.

Looking forward to taking my Beaver to CAG8 and CAX6 (even if the pier is AWOL).

Bob Millar

I don't mind using all the airports without ObjectFlow - I did this many times when new P3D versions came out before ObjectFlow was updated.

With the exceptions of Devils Tower and Yosemite, they're still an upgrade over default!

4 hours ago, TigerTigerM said:

I missed any announcement on this, but many of the Orbx Freeware airports are showing up in my  FTX Central for P3DV4 as "Not Installed'.

Checking Orbx I found they are listed for P3DV4, so although its not the full monty for Orbx airports, its a start.

TTM

How can you miss the announcement? There is an announcement sub-forum that you can set to notify you...

3 hours ago, Sethos said:

Either this is a sign of payware airports getting closer or it's a sign of ObjectFlow might be taking a lot longer than anticipated, so they are releasing these to tide us over :P

I fear it is the latter.

Hmmm...slightly miffed.  Despite logging in and out a couple of times I have no airports :-(

OK, reading the runes here I'll just chip in and say that I'd be thrilled to have my payware airports sans ObjectFlow for the time being, as having both v3 and v4 installed is a major drain on my HD resources.

Edited by Catalysis

2 minutes ago, Dean B said:

Hmmm...slightly miffed.  Despite logging in and out a couple of times I have no airports :-(

Have you added them to your account for each one on the orbxdirect.com page? Even though they are free, you have to "buy" them.

• Upvote 1

Good news and thanks for the release I do fear this means objectflow is taking longer and no immenant release which is really bad news 

2 hours ago, KVSandleben said:

I fear it is the latter.

Same here. However, I sincerely hope they let us download all the payware airports in the same condition until they are completely fixed. I'm not too fussed about many of the features brought by the various Flow technologies. Especially not if it means several weeks (or months?) of additional wait. 

2 hours ago, KVSandleben said:

How can you miss the announcement? There is an announcement sub-forum that you can set to notify you...

One can miss the announcement if one is in there D/Loading them before the announcement is announced.!

TTM

• Upvote 1

If they are looking for feedback on this, I am also all for releasing payware sans objectflow as well (actually manually pointed v4 to all of mine already)  mostly the issues are minor, with some exceptions, and that's fine.  would enable me to kill my v3 install and save space on the ssd.  

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, ShawnG said:

If they are looking for feedback on this, I am also all for releasing payware sans objectflow as well (actually manually pointed v4 to all of mine already)  mostly the issues are minor, with some exceptions, and that's fine.  would enable me to kill my v3 install and save space on the ssd.  

I agree!

Greg

1 minute ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

None of them are very large files.

I would suggest you allow FTX Central to install them.

Thanks Nick.

Just to be safe I went ahead and did fresh installs.

EU Airport pact is crashing my sim as soon as scenery loads removed and NA Airport pack fine anyone else experiencing issues

Hello,

There is nothing in the EU Airport pact that can cause such a thing,

unless perhaps you have a saved flight at one of them and now have changed

the parameters by installing a different airport version.

If this could be the case, change your saved default flight.

3 hours ago, gregmorin said:

I agree!

Greg

I agree too. Missing the object flow for a while longer is no big deal. Release the rest of them so I can delete my v3 install :)..........Doug

• Upvote 2

first thing I tried .It is possible one of the airports is in one of my saved flights but not the default. If Ok for everyone else must be me will keep trying.

Nothing to do with saved flights default flights . Moved everthing out of my P3D Files folder no different very strange .Will look at it again tomorrow . 

+1 on releasing the payware airports for now IF (and only IF) the lack of objectflow won't cause sim crashing, etc.  I can live without some of the objectflow "eye candy" for now.  But it's frustrating that I now have a 64-bit P3D I can fly my PMDG aircraft (already updated for P3Dv4) into a full fat region like SOCAL without having to worry about OOM's anymore, but none of my ORBX payware airports are available in any of my full fat regions.  Give me my payware airports without objectflow for now for all my full fat regions (and all the other areas too), as long as the missing objectflow won't cause major problems (other than some "eye candy" might be missing).  

• Upvote 3

Yep, one more for the release of the full fat airports sans objectflow. We're all pretty much grown up and savvy enough to go with it and realise the shortcomings without kicking up any fuss with Orbx, assuming there are no other side effects that may cause crashing etc, though even then i'm happy to report back and then disable any airports that might start giving problems.

And hey... how about an Open Beta for ObjectFlow.....?! There would be many takers i'm sure and Dev time would speed up surely?! .. ;)

cheers!

Edited by stripealipe
  • Upvote 1

Update re my issues with EU freeware airports . Not an orbx issue

"I have been using the xml method of adding scenery using Lorby Si tool . Have hit a problem installed last night  orbx eu freeware airports last night and it crashed after the scenario window .Uninstalled and all worked reported on forum and no one has had an issue . Today I installed naples from aerosoft same issue . After hours of head scratching I disabled all xml add ons . Sim loaded fine. I found if I disabled any two xml add ons all was good in the world again. Added the disabled xml scenery's manually the old way and all scenery's . Almost as if there is a cap on how many .xml addons you can have . 

Anybody else had this before ."