I've purchased all the NA packages except Pacific Fjords. It says that it fills the gap between FTX Pacific NW, and Tongass Fjords. What is Tongass Fjords? I don't see it in the list of NA products.

Thanks.

This doesn't look like an orbx product. How does it install? Does it use FTX central, or is there some other procedure to follow?

hi,

highly recommended scenery, also compatible with misty moorings scenery, install all, you will not regret it.

tongass- payware  misty moorings - freeware.

If you are using fsx Tongass is an unqualified recommendation from me.  Get it.

if you are on p3d it's still a very high recommendation, but you are going to have to do some light manual installation work,. It's easy, but it isn't just a point and click deal.

for a history lesson,. In fs9 there was misty fjords, tongass fjords, and glacier bay (gb was freeware!). Which covered the Alaskan panhandle.  All developed by now ORBX terrain meister Holger Sandmann, and friends (among those, former orbx dev Bill Womack). Along with Holger's work with Jon Patch on Vancouver and Victoria plus, and fs addon's fictional Emma Field, This gave fs9 guys a good amount of bush flying territory, in the PNW and Alaska.

then fsx hit,. Developers scattered, performance was terrible on pc's of the time.  Holger started work with orbx on the australian packages, and developed tongass x with Bill Womack in he same general timeframe.  When Orbx started working on PNW, and PFJ it was meant to work with TFX, and then, of course they developed SAK which joined on the northern end.  

Its got lots of territory, in the same style as the ORBX stuff, and it has 2 detailed Bill Womack airports at Sitka, and Petersburg, and all sorts of other improvements and eye candies.  It would be nice if this could be installed with the ftx central, but it is well worth the time, and even though it isn't an orbx product, it is defintitely in the wider product family as it were.

• Upvote 1

Tongass Fjords is every bit as good as ORBX scenery because Holger Sandman created it.  Works on all versions of P3d including V4 .  Get it and RTMM and enjoy a new way to fly.

Henry

Have been flying in it since FS9 days. Have it working in V4 although I had to make sure all the cfg files I had to manually edit to install it were saved in the correct encoding. I was getting cold CTDs until I did that. 

While I wait for ORBX's alaska airports, Sitka and the Tongass area will be my homebase, 

I have for FSX and on the RTMM site it lets you know how to install in P3Dv4. It takes a little bit of work but its worth it. But yes it is put out by another company and you do have to buy it.

Edited by Dog4Zero