LOWI Innsbruck for Aerofly FS2

Just bought Innsbruck for AF FS2 via FTX central. Everything worked perfectly - and a relatively quick download.

The lighting and detail is superb - what an experience! Smoooth.....

I note that the initial announcement mentions "shadow issues" with some graphics cards - I have what I would describe as "severe shimmer" on all buildings unless they are very close, regardless of the shadow and buildings levels I set (low or "insane"). Is this what they mean? I haven't seen it do this before in AF.. (I have a GTX 1080Ti).

I note also that there appear to be two sets of runway centreline lights?

Minor stuff which I am sure the excellent ORBX and IPACS teams will help with - this is a major step forward!

Thanks!

Britjet

• Guest locked and unlocked this topic
2 hours ago, Britjet said:

I note that the initial announcement mentions "shadow issues" with some graphics cards - I have what I would describe as "severe shimmer" on all buildings unless they are very close, regardless of the shadow and buildings levels I set (low or "insane"). Is this what they mean? I haven't seen it do this before in AF.. (I have a GTX 1080Ti).

10 minutes ago, sigma1958 said:

I also have that severe shimmering and I also notice that you can see the buildings even through thick clouds.

I use a GTX 1080.

This is an Aerofly FS2 issue. I have this shimmering on any building within AF2, no matter if it is in SFO, LAX or Innsbruck. My card is a GTX770.

4 minutes ago, wolfko said:

This is an Aerofly FS2 issue. I have this shimmering on any building within AF2, no matter if it is in SFO, LAX or Innsbruck. My card is a GTX770.

What I had been doing was using Nvidia DSR to run my 2k monitor at 4k with a 50% smoothness setting, which pretty much killed 2D shimmer. My conclusion was that Aerofly possibly needs some higher antialiasing settings.

42 minutes ago, VirtuakW said:

So what to do? Did you get Aerofly 2 from Steam and then the dlc from FTX Central, or should the dlcs also be purchased through Steam as well?

I bought, downloaded and installed LOWI via FTX Central. Was a real treat!

50 minutes ago, VirtuakW said:

So what to do? Did you get Aerofly 2 from Steam and then the dlc from FTX Central, or should the dlcs also be purchased through Steam as well?

Hi, if you want those 2 new DLC from ORBX NOW! and have FS2 installed (from Steam of course).

-Go to ORBX page https://orbxdirect.com/

-Create an account

-Buy them both :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

-Download and install FTX central.

-Choose your sim when central will open

-In GLOBAL section you will see what you bought

- install/dowload

- Fly

Voila

Ben

The shimmering is much less apparent from outside a cockpit. So it has to do with the rendering of the cockpit glass. IMO it is connected to anisotropic filtering rather than anti aliasing. 

Edited by wolfko

Yes the shimmeriung especially in the morning hours on buildings needs fixing it looks like buildings are glowing in VR.

Buuut apart from that its MAYESTIC ,outstanding and unbelievable fun! We just need a good school lvl plane now and my sim life improved by 1000%

Flying with 90 fps in a F18 very low altitude over such detailed maps is mind bending. Now if we get those cars on the streets even moving it feels like real soon with the new high res headsets expected 2018.

Edited by StefVR

just bought the LOWI scenery from the orbx store and got the 40% discount as I have the scenery for P3D - however when I try to download the scenery in my FTX nothing happens (this is the latest AS2 supporting version of central) - when I try and start download via Orbx website takes me to FTX only have the option to install to P3d v3 and v4 - assume somehow I need to show it the directory to my steam install? any ideas?

I have bought LOWI scenery for FS 2 but it's not showing up in the game. Once bought it updated/downloaded and installed the scenery fine. When I load the game it's not there. I'm obviously missing something, I zoom out on the map but nothing over in the Europe area.

The scenery created a file in my steam apps folder ;Aerofly FS 2 Flight Simulator AddOns

Not sure how the game knows to look in another random folder other than itself to load scenery.

I have rebooted the game/PC a few times with no effect.

Cheers Mick

On 15/06/2017 at 8:05 PM, wolfko said:

The shimmering is much less apparent from outside a cockpit. So it has to do with the rendering of the cockpit glass. IMO it is connected to anisotropic filtering rather than anti aliasing. 

I see what you mean - any view that isn't through cockpit glass does not shimmer.

Hopefully this is a useful tip for the devs..

• 4 months later...
On 6/15/2017 at 8:43 PM, hummerz said:

I have bought LOWI scenery for FS 2 but it's not showing up in the game. Once bought it updated/downloaded and installed the scenery fine. When I load the game it's not there. I'm obviously missing something, I zoom out on the map but nothing over in the Europe area.

The scenery created a file in my steam apps folder ;Aerofly FS 2 Flight Simulator AddOns

Not sure how the game knows to look in another random folder other than itself to load scenery.

Cheers Mick

I have this same problem.. i see the folders under addons but nothing shows up in the map in AF2.. did you solve this?

Edit: nevermind.. reopened ftx central and ran the update to meigs.. somehow they both show now.

Edited by theskyisthelimit99

• 1 year later...
On 6/16/2017 at 1:43 AM, hummerz said:

Cheers Mick

I have the same issue, I can't select the scenery anywhere.
All done and installed via FTX Central.
Need a refund..