I guess we were spoilt here in Australia when Orbx / FTX were in their infancy with many great regions and airports. Please tell me you have not outgrown us now that you are a world player producing all those wonderful products for Europe and America. Please come cack to Australia (so to speak) and give us Perth International. It is a very important airport with many flights to Asia, across the continent to the east coast, and all the fly in fly out services for the resources sector. Many hours of flightsimming fun! However nobody has ever done Perth and we in Australia have been crying out for it for over a decade!

Kind Regards,

Steve Shallcross.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 8

HI,

While we wait for an Orbx version of Perth,I've been using a freeware version of the  airport & I also have one of Perth City,which are not to bad.

The airport  has a photographic ground which blends in quite well with the Orbx scenery

I've had them for many years,but can't remember where I got them..

The files are too big to include here, but if anyone is interested you can email me & I would be happy to forward you the files.

Email : xanadu13@optusnet.com.au

Cheers...Kim.

• Upvote 1

Flew into Perth this afternoon and was thinking we needed a version of YPPH.

Here's how Jandakot - already covered by Orbx- was looking today.

2b83dc8f1f4797f094c24f012bbd3e08.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Upvote 3

+ 1 for YPPH and YPDN from me as well. And why is there no YBSU (that's much easier to do!)

Cheers

Edited by paulhand

I would love Perth WA, but I think the problem is Perth AP is undergoing some changes to the airport at this time so maybe that is why it is taking so long, also there is a new train line going to the airport , all need to be included.

BTW our state name is W.A. it means "wait awhile" :D

• Upvote 1

in the meantime though...

ybsu and ypdn - excellent freeware options (authors flukey and anthony lynch respectively) to keep you going at ozx http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/files/

ypph - work in progress but complete set of aprons, twys and terminals (currently without textures so buildings all appear white in the sim, hence WIP status) - see 10APR post with dropbox link https://www.facebook.com/IBISDESIGNGROUP/

of the above, I think flukey's sunshine coast has been made compatible with p3dv4, all work in fsx/se/p3dv3.4.

hth.

• Upvote 1

Sitting back in Perth airport again, watching the traffic as I wait for a flight.

Plenty of interesting routes from here, would be quite different from your typical east coast airport experience.

I didn't even realise there was a train line going in, the taxi drive just pointed it out to me. It for the rest of the airport, I think a lot of the recent work is finished, so Orbx should start developing without delay 🙂

Oz deserves another major airport, it all stated with YMML (trying to buy v1 on release night was madness), then we had YBBN and Canberra.

I think that performance issues may have dampened the enthusiasm for large airport projects, but computer tech and sims have come a long way so maybe it is time to revisit the major airports (Darwin, Adelaide, Perth and Hobart need attention).

How about Perth airports and surrounds, for AF2? There's nothing at all for that sim in this part of the world, so why not start with Oz?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hi guys,well I would rather see places like Kununurra and the Ord dams etc and more of the bigger regional centers added then maybe Perth later when its all finished,sorry but that's just me :-) ,Doc

Guest Colin M

There is a Perth in Scotland too, and when I see the topic here I always think of our Perth first :)

One request I'd like to see for ORBX scenery and it would need to be a full fat region would be Hawaii, it staggers me this has not been done yet by ORBX or even on the horizon? It would surely sell like hotcakes I'm sure.

1 hour ago, Captain Lars said:

Is Hawaii part of openLC NA? I flew there today and wondered.

Hawaii is indeed part of OpenLC NA, you are correct.

6 hours ago, Colin M said:

There is a Perth in Scotland too, and when I see the topic here I always think of our Perth first :)

One request I'd like to see for ORBX scenery and it would need to be a full fat region would be Hawaii, it staggers me this has not been done yet by ORBX or even on the horizon? It would surely sell like hotcakes I'm sure.

There is a Perth in Tasmania too.

On 6/13/2017 at 9:50 PM, Vee One said:

+1 I totally agree! Australia needs Perth as well as Darwin!

On 6/13/2017 at 9:50 PM, Vee One said:

+1 I totally agree! Australia needs Perth as well as Darwin!

I'm sure a splendid rendition of WA's Perth airport will appear in the not too distant future. YPPH, is a favorite destination for many simmers including myself and deserving of a place in the ORBX / FTX library. Come on guys, 4 months maybe?

On 6/14/2017 at 11:37 PM, robwhitehead said:

Flew into Perth this afternoon and was thinking we needed a version of YPPH.

Here's how Jandakot - already covered by Orbx- was looking today.

2b83dc8f1f4797f094c24f012bbd3e08.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

on the way in from Forestdale lake :)

Yes definitely Perth international and Orbx version of YSSY , although been done by flytampa and its good its a frame rate killer , Orbx airports have much more friendly frame rates and look.great as well 

Perth is desperately in need of a class 1a airport of Orbx, FlyTampa and the like. Especially since it's the only bigger field on that side of the continent.

11 hours ago, Rodneyprice said:

Yes definitely Perth international and Orbx version of YSSY , although been done by flytampa and its good its a frame rate killer , Orbx airports have much more friendly frame rates and look.great as well 

FlyTampa's Sydney is actually my favourite airport and presents a decent frame rate.

Edited by Captain Lars

1 hour ago, Captain Lars said:

Perth is desperately in need of a class 1a airport of Orbx, FlyTampa and the like. Especially since it's the only bigger field on that side of the continent.

FlyTampa's Sydney is actually my favourite airport and presents a decent frame rate.

Its doable but not descent, unless we have a different understanding of decent.

YBBN holds top spot for frame killer though.

Perth international would join both coasts nicely and a gateway to short international flights to Asia

57 minutes ago, Venturi said:

Perth international would join both coasts nicely and a gateway to short international flights to Asia

It would be a great addition, especially as Perth is now providing non-stop flights to Europe also

7 hours ago, Jarrad Marshall said:

Hi guys, this was recently discussed in another thread here: 

Cheers

Hmmm so I guess it's still a long way off then.. Maybe we might see Australia V2 before that! :)

Perth Airport has undergone a major revamp though and I think they are still working on it, so it would make sense to wait till it's all done..

On 22.8.2017 at 6:08 AM, Venturi said:

I tested FlyTampa Sydney in Prepar3d v4 with PMDG's 777. That's why it took me so long to respond, I had to properly set up the new sim and find good settings. After testing, my conclusion is that YSSY offers more frames (30+) in P4 than in P3 with better or the same visuals.

Of course, every PC is different, but perhaps I might suggest you to upgrade your gaming rig? Especially your graphics board.

5 hours ago, Captain Lars said:

I tested FlyTampa Sydney in Prepar3d v4 with PMDG's 777. That's why it took me so long to respond, I had to properly set up the new sim and find good settings. After testing, my conclusion is that YSSY offers more frames (30+) in P4 than in P3 with better or the same visuals.

Of course, every PC is different, but perhaps I might suggest you to upgrade your gaming rig? Especially your graphics board.

Actually not as bad as I though 25fps pmdg 777 . I just recently discovered a process related to my UPS software that was running in the background at 40% cpu load 24/7.

Sim performance sky rocketed after I axed that!

5 hours ago, Venturi said:

Actually not as bad as I though 25fps pmdg 777 . I just recently discovered a process related to my UPS software that was running in the background at 40% cpu load 24/7.

Sim performance sky rocketed after I axed that!

That's great, and  I'm glad I could help.