Sign in to follow this  
NN_Avirex

About FS Global mesh and P3DV4

Hello,

Does somebody know something about the FS Global 2010 FTX compatible mesh and P3DV4 ?

There is nothing about it on the Pilot's site and that should be the first addon to install normally.

Thank you very much

Its on their home page: https://www.pilots.shop/Cms/ 

- see May 24 roadmap - FS Global 2010 below..

MAY 29th 2017: FS Global Ultimate – Next Generation (DVD box): New installer for DT FSW and Prepar3D V4 released at no cost via the installer update feature.

~

MAY 24th 2017: Roadmap 2017 for FS Global mesh products

FS Global 2010 (and FTX DL derivates):
supported up to Prepar3D V3; replaced by FS Global 2018, see below

FS Global Ultimate –The Americas/Europe-Africa/Asia-Oceania:
supported up to Prepar3D V3; replaced by FS Global Ultimate – Next Generation, see below

FS Global Ultimate – Next Generation (DVD box):
New installer for DT FSW and Prepar3D V4 to be released soon at no cost via the installer update feature.

NEW coming end of May/early June

FS Global 2018:
successor of 2010, incl. FTX version, download only, all new data like Ultimate, for the cost-conscious user data reduced rendered, the standard mesh for DT FSW and Prepar3D V4. 

FS Global Ultimate – Next Generation Continents:
download version of FS Global Ultimate – Next Generation, incl. FTX version, same as DVD box, meets higher demands for DT FSW and Prepar3D V4.

~

FEBRUARY 10th 2016: Today marks the release day of the installer for our DVD products of FS Global Mesh series into Prepar3D V3. See more details by following the link on the left side menu "Our Products".

• Upvote 2

Just now, NN_Avirex said:

Thank you for answering !

So I will wait for the 2018 upgrade.

In the meantime, all you need to do to use the FS Global 2010 meshes in P3Dv4 is to manually add them to your scenery library, pointing to their current location. There's no risk, and it's very easy if you have them installed in P3Dv3 (or any other sim for that matter) already. And when you are able to upgrade to the 2018 version you can simply delete those scenery library entries prior to the install.

Any mesh is not a problem into V4

Roger that and thank you!

I prefer to inform myself before going wrong.

I know that meshes are bgl at the end but you never know...I messed up a lot with previous versions trying to force installs.

Anyway I just declared each single region manually and it's OK.

Yesterday I installed NG's FS Global Ultimate and it went fine all I had to do was a very small update at the beginning and it installed itself to V4.

Wait a minute.. so they don't plan to "update" thneinstaller for v4 for global ultimate. Even though the prduct itself rewuires no changes whatsoever..?

Hi guys,

Thank you for your feedbacks. I suggest you to contact the editor for any question about P3D V4 compatibility