Before I left Australia I prepared a few shots to post periodically.

This one shows an L-39 of the RTAF taking off from Takhli AFB in Central Thailand, which is the home of Wing 4.

F-16s and L-39s are based here although the L-39s will be replaced by 4 KAI T-50s next March.

C-130s and DA-42s regularly visit and quite often do circuits.

12.takl39.jpg

Where I am staying is less than 200m from the SE corner of the base and I am getting some wonderful shots of the C-130 and DA-42 planes as they fly very low over the house.. The F-16s though are exceptionally quick and are usually gone before I can see them!

• Upvote 2

I expected a nice window view from your Thailand trip when I read the word "wing". But which plane has 4 wings? A copter, maybe.

Now I know.

Perhaps you better not make RL shots there, we would surely miss you on the forum.

4 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Very nice.

cheers

Iain

Thanks Iain.

4 hours ago, Stillwater said:

I expected a nice window view from your Thailand trip when I read the word "wing". But which plane has 4 wings? A copter, maybe.

Now I know.

Perhaps you better not make RL shots there, we would surely miss you on the forum.

Cheers Gerold, no RL shots yet  as I do not have any photo editing programmes with me.

I will post some of the Air Base as there is no danger taking photos from a vehicle as they all have tinted windows over here so you cannot see inside. I went past on the back of my son in laws motor bike the other day and I was not going to push my luck taking shots then as that does not have tinted windows!:ph34r::huh::lol:

Sounds like you're in a great place for plane spotting, just not plane photography.  What a shame.  I'd love to see a real L-39, I have it in my sim and love it but to see a real one would be a treat.  Don't go getting arrested on us Martyn!

15 hours ago, paulb said:

Well done Martyn! Great to see that you are still able to post shots! :)

Thanks Paul, I shall post some from time to time.

10 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Sounds like you're in a great place for plane spotting, just not plane photography.  What a shame.  I'd love to see a real L-39, I have it in my sim and love it but to see a real one would be a treat.  Don't go getting arrested on us Martyn!

Sadly the L39s will soon be gone to be replaced by a type I had never heard of in the T-50!

I got some shots of the entrances to Wing 4 driving past this morning and when the driver offered to stop she was told very quickly to keep driving!

I don't think prison grub is anywhere as good as what I am eating on the right side of the barbelly wire:mellow:

5 hours ago, adambar said:

Well done Martyn! :)

Cheers Adam.

Many thanks for your messages guys.