I've looked at the forums but cannot find a solution ... I've purchased your (beautiful) ESSA scenery but hold and behold, all three times I've tried to land it results in an OOM. My PC is very well tuned and with FPS locked at 30 I pretty much average that even at heavy VAS airports like Aerosoft's EDDF and EGLL - never any OOMs. I've turned everything OFF at ESSA and water on 1x to even reduce the VAS more but still an OOM. What else??

• FSX on Windows 7 x64 16GB
  • i7 4790 3.6GHz
  • GTX750

Regards

Terblanche

13 minutes ago, Richard Lincoln said:

Have you tried to see what happens when you pull your sliders in the sim to the left? Re-set your cfg without tweaks?

Surely this is not ideal Richard, seeing that everything works perfect as it is. People don't believe me if I say that my FSX runs more smoothly than my P3D. My fsx.cfg only have one tweak and that's the AffinityMask because the rest I prefer as it is. Oh, and TextureMaxLoad=30 - that's it. I don't see why all the sliders should be to the left for only one airport in a library of ± 100 payware sceneries. But I'll give it a try.

Thanks for the quick respons, really appreciated.

Hi Terblanche,

You don't mention what aircraft you are using. A complex one eg from PMDG is more likely to give an OOM.

Have you tried a relatively simple aircraft to see how that works?

Hi Terblanche, in addition to what RIchard and PaulB suggested, have you made sure that any previous Arlanda sceneries have been properly removed, eg. Aerosoft Arlanda? If all else fails we have a lower resolution texture pack here which should solve this issue for you. The textures go in ...ORBX/FTX_GLOBAL/FTX_AA_ESSA/TEXTURE

3 minutes ago, paulb said:

Have you tried a relatively simple aircraft to see how that works?

No, I haven't yet, but will do. Again, this is also not ideal because if I fly with a PMDG or FSLabs aircraft into Tampa EHAM or Aerosoft EDDF and don't get any OOM, then surely it should be possible for ESSA unless something in the scenery itself are hitting the VAS big time.

Just now, Terblanche said:

No, I haven't yet, but will do. Again, this is also not ideal because if I fly with a PMDG or FSLabs aircraft into Tampa EHAM or Aerosoft EDDF and don't get any OOM, then surely it should be possible for ESSA unless something in the scenery itself are hitting the VAS big time.

I understand your point. My suggestion is more to give you a better idea of where the problem might be. If you are still getting OOM with a simple aircraft then that should reduce the options.

2 minutes ago, Philip Schall said:

have you made sure that any previous Arlanda sceneries

That was my suspicion too Philip because even if you do a proper uninstall of Aerosoft's scenery, it has been notorious for leaving something, somewhere. Will have to make a dummy installation on a second computer to see what, where is left behind. Thank you so much for the texture pack. Will download and install.

2 hours ago, Terblanche said:

That was my suspicion too Philip because even if you do a proper uninstall of Aerosoft's scenery, it has been notorious for leaving something, somewhere. Will have to make a dummy installation on a second computer to see what, where is left behind. Thank you so much for the texture pack. Will download and install.

Please post back your results as I was thinking of buying this airport.

On 5/3/2017 at 10:53 AM, Philip Schall said:

have you made sure that any previous Arlanda sceneries have been properly removed,

Hi Philip,

here is my result - I've changed the reduced texture and it makes a different, but I think my 'mistake' was with the rule to only enable your airport of departure and arrival. SceneryConfigEditor is a great tool in which I've created groups and easy to switch airports on and off - BUT - in my first three attempts with OOMs I didn't switch off the ORBX Norway Terrain Scenery and I think that made ESSA tipped over.

However - the last two attempts with PMDG and FSLabs were successful.

PS: Any possibility to have working jetways at the ORBX airports in the future?

@JackSawyer - with the 47/31 sale at the moment it is absolutely worth buying the airport

Thanks for reporting back, glad it worked out for you though it is still a bit peculiar, on your system you really shouldn't be getting any OOMs there.

Regarding jetways, I believe San Diego has animated ones, as will our new Bilbao scenery. The issue with Arlanda is the Scandinavian T-form jetways, which are more difficult to animate. It's being worked on though and will be implemented in a future release:)

3 minutes ago, Philip Schall said:

It's being worked on though and will be implemented in a future release

Ah, I forgot to mention that I did find some residue of AES for ESSA in the AES folder and I deleted that. Could also have had an influence on your scenery?

In a week from now I'm flying from Cape Town to Amsterdam and then down to Venice. Pity that the Aerosoft LIPZ scenery dates back to 150BC :) and maybe that could be a wonderful new project for ORBX to bring that wonderful city and airport up to date with all the bells and whistles of ORBX detail and quality. (wink wink)

• Upvote 1