U-Tapao is a Thai Navy air base in the Rayong district about 130 miles south of Bangkok.

I have only travelled past here the once to this very industrialised part of Thailand.

This flight takes us in the other direction towards the tourist town of Pattaya and then returning to VTBU

1.uh1.jpg

A big thanks are in order for Jankees for this wonderful RTAF Helldiver, taxying out with the Thai Airways maintenance complex in the background.

p.1alb.jpg

Grumman Albatross gate guardian at U-Tapao

2.uh2.jpg

Ao Kong Kang at Sattahip, where the Thai Navy has a dockyard.

sprtsgnd.jpg

The Thai Navy sports stadium at Sattahip.

3.uh3.jpg

Over Sattahip with the bay in the background. The major road is Route 3 Sukhumvit Road.

p1.twr.jpg

One of the many tower blocks that were springing up along the coast near Pattaya.

4.uh4.jpg

Now at Pattaya's Jontiem Beach.

5.uh5.jpg

Approaching VTBU at Sam Nak Thon.

6.uh6.jpg

Landing at U-Tapao over Route 3 again.

p4hang.jpg

Some of the hangars seen from the main road, very little of the airport was visible.

Thanks again to Jankees for your repaints this repaint especially, you have made my day.

Just threw in a few snaps of the area I took in 2011(was it really that long ago!). Not very good as they were taken from the bus on a wet humid day and the windows were also poorly tinted which did not help.

• Upvote 4

Fantastic water in you sim shots, Martyn. And, for sure, I like the RL comparisons. A very good information source for Open_LC development.

Though you seem to have been unlucky with the weather, a bit too humid for my taste.

1 hour ago, Stillwater said:

Fantastic water in you sim shots, Martyn. And, for sure, I like the RL comparisons. A very good information source for Open_LC development.

Though you seem to have been unlucky with the weather, a bit too humid for my taste.

Thank you Gerold, when I had FSX, the water was bright blue but this now appears to have a more realistic shade. This was a beautiful sunny day earlier which fortunately turned wet after we got on the bus. I love the stormy weather over there but it is humid, which I can tolerate to an extent as I am on holiday.:)

10 minutes ago, Iain Emms said:

Smashing post Martyn.

cheers

Iain

Thanks Iain.

Thanks for commenting Gents.

You're getting in some quality time with that plane Martyn.  Good on ya!  And you did the real-life mix Ala Gerold.  I love these.  Not only are they informative but they're extremely interesting to me.  Plus I'm always amazed at how the Orbx world sometimes mirror the real world so well.

15 hours ago, BradB said:

Heck of a post Gerold . :o:unsure::P:lol::lol:

Cheers

John

Thank you Bill.

14 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

You're getting in some quality time with that plane Martyn.  Good on ya!  And you did the real-life mix Ala Gerold.  I love these.  Not only are they informative but they're extremely interesting to me.  Plus I'm always amazed at how the Orbx world sometimes mirror the real world so well.

Cheers Jack, glad you enjoyed the set.

11 hours ago, Orbxtreme said:

Great set, the water and scenery in number 2 is really nice!

Thanks Francois.

7 hours ago, Sammy H said:

I think Martyn's Helldiver is due in for Maintenance, Lol :)

Thanks Sammy, it is getting a real workout.

6 hours ago, adambar said:

Those are some real eye poppers Martyn, you don' t often see Thailand! :)

Thanks Adam, cannot wait for the OLC treatment around here.

2 hours ago, paulb said:

Great series and storyline Martyn! :)

Cheers Paul.

Many thanks for the comments, glad you enjoyed the post.

24 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

Cheers Paul.

Well, it was nice to see Martyn. I visited Bangkok many times in my working life.

• Upvote 1