Where it will float in the water

Well last night I decided to go for a rare flight using P3Dv3.4.

Loaded up the Helldiver and went to Gisbourne in NZNI but it didn't look right.

Central told me that I had nothing from Oceania installed. Duh!

1.he1.jpg

So here we are at Cork and one of the FAAs Helldivers before they were sent back.

26  out of the 450 ordered were delivered before they were returned and the rest cancelled.

2.he2.jpg

Their dreadful handling was the reason for their rejection.

The same can be said of those bloody awful waves in the river and lake, but I will not be sending V3.4 back!

3.he3.jpg

Time to take a close up of the Helldiver. Did this flight last night but Jankees did a similar post this morning!

4.he4.jpg

Just fancy having to get out of there in a hurry. So well detailed all the same.

5.he5.jpg

Some of the cockpit.

6.he6.jpg

Guns at the ready.

7.he7.jpg

I can see more with the greenhouse rolled back.

8.he8.jpg

Airbrakes deployed, I should have put in a dive. Ah well it was late at night.

9.he9.jpg

Herbie Hancock said "Rockit."

10.he10.jpg

Tanks

11.he11.jpg

Wot, no bombs.

12.he12.jpg

There they are.

Wonderful plane and great value with the F3F thrown in.

• Upvote 2
1 minute ago, paulb said:

Excellent Martyn!  I might have to buy that one ;)

Do not procrastinate Paul. If you get it from the AH site they will throw the F3F in as well, assuming you don't already have it!

Both super aircraft.

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, paulb said:

LOL!  It just that I have the Gulfhawk already, which is almost the same. Mind you, I usually can't resist a nice military prop ;)

That is a shame Paul but again I suppose it is included for nowt.:lol:

3 hours ago, dolf8857 said:

Fantastic detailed shots these!

Cheers Dolf, plenty of detail inside and out, just what I like.

3 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Grand set of shots.

cheers

Iain

Thank you Iain.

1 hour ago, jankees said:

nice set!

Thanks Jan.

Many thanks to you all for your wonderful comments.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, VH-KDK said:

That is a shame Paul but again I suppose it is included for now! :lol:

Well I went to the Justflight site instead and purchased 3 in their Easter sale! :o

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, paulb said:

Well I went to the Justflight site instead and purchased 3 in their Easter sale! :o

Good for you Paul, what did you get?

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, VH-KDK said:

Good for you Paul, what did you get?

Well I got a bit carried away at 50% :D

I bought the Mosquito. I had their older one and also the great freeware version. But, this one looks the best around and I always liked the Mosquito.

Then I bought the F Friendship. I am not really into liners, but (many times) I saw a Friendship of the RNLAF at airshows in real life doing great aerobatics!  So that could be my next flight! :)

Also, I bought the Panavia Tornado. Not sure if I will fly it a lot, but again I have seen it fly many times and thought I would try it!

5 minutes ago, paulb said:

Well I got a bit carried away at 50% :D

I bought the Mosquito. I had their older one and also the great freeware version. But, this one looks the best around and I always liked the Mosquito.

Then I bought the F Friendship. I am not really into liners, but (many times) I saw a Friendship of the RNLAF at airshows in real life doing great aerobatics!  So that could be my next flight! :)

Also, I bought the Panavia Tornado. Not sure if I will fly it a lot, but again I have seen it fly many times and thought I would try it!

Great choice Paul, I have the Mossie and the F-27 but I did get the TB-10/20 today and with my points it was a n even bigger saving!:)

Just now, VH-KDK said:

Great choice Paul, I have the Mossie and the F-27 but I did get the TB-10/20 today and with my points it was a n even bigger saving!:)

I have the TB, which is very nice :) The points make it even better! :D

• Upvote 1
On ‎17‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 0:44 AM, Stillwater said:

Wow, this model really has quite a level of detail. Though the main thing is... does she fly nicely?

The story goes that when wind testing the Helldiver an engineering professor asked if they were actually going to build this thing!

It does fly very well in FS.

On ‎17‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 2:50 AM, BradB said:

I can't wait to raise a little hell myself today in my new diver , as always Martyn you lead the pack around here . B):D

Cheers

John

I have been trying to control my self of late with all the freeware but I could not resist this fascinating plane along with the F3F thrown in for good measure.

On ‎17‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 5:10 AM, Jack Sawyer said:

Great set Martyn and you had me laughing out loud.  "The greenhouse", and the close ups were outstanding.  The water, I don't se that in my 3.4 version, do you use special effects?  What are your water settings?

Thanks Jack, maybe it is my setting then, I will have to do some experimentation but I should do a search to see if the waves can be turned off altogether.

On ‎17‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 5:46 AM, bernd1151 said:

Great shots and a nice bird, Martyn

If she flies close to the real thing, then probably not, Gerold :D

Cheers Bernd, it is bad enough going to fly in combat but when your plane is a dog then your problems are exacerbated greatly.

On ‎17‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 0:06 PM, adambar said:

Beautiful shots of the Helldiver Martyn! :)

Thank you Adam.

Many thanks for your excellent messages.

• Upvote 2
6 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Thanks Jack, maybe it is my setting then, I will have to do some experimentation but I should do a search to see if the waves can be turned off altogether.

Hi Martyn, I don't have any waves at all.  I read somewhere that's it's a VAS hog so I turned them off, 'cept, I don't remember what setting shuts them off.  

• Upvote 1
8 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Hi Martyn, I don't have any waves at all.  I read somewhere that's it's a VAS hog so I turned them off, 'cept, I don't remember what setting shuts them off.  

Cheers Jack, I have just found how to turn them off in a post on the LM forum. Have to edit the terrain cfg.