From Brough actually which is very close to Hull.

1.hd1.jpg

Home of Blackburn Aircraft, then BaE, now shut with plans to redevelop the airfield away from aviation.

2.hd2.jpg

Flying down the Humber Estuary past the Humber Bridge, once the longest suspension bridge in the world.

3.hd3.jpg

The power station and chemical works at Salt End.

4.hd4.jpg

More industry at Immingham on the southern shores of The Humber.

5.hd5.jpg

The Dock Tower at Grimsby.

6.hd6.jpg

At North Sumercotes

7.hd7.jpg

Mabelthorpe

8.hd8.jpg

Skegness, another holiday resort.

9.hd9.jpg

The south west corner of The Wash with the River Welland and Boston (no, the original Boston Jack!)  in the distance.

10.hd10.jpg

At Corby Glen with Bourne just visible.

11.hd11.jpg
Over the threshold at Cottesmore.

12hd12.jpg

Parked up at Cottesmore.

Great flight down the Lincolnshire coast, hope you enjoyed it as much as I did.

• Upvote 2

Lovely stuff, Martyn! I'm looking at this, and a dim and distant bulb in my head is saying "Fairey Battle"? I'm not at all sure about that, but it's amazing what can come floating up from the past isn't it? I can't have had a single thought about the Fairey Battle for at least 50 years - whether this is one or not.

Very nice Martyn!  I knew there was a Boston, UK.  :lol:  Never made it that far when I was there.

Hey, could you give me the lat/long of those towers, are they lights on them?  They look cool and I'd like to go there in the sim.

Cheers!

Nice.. Love those industrial shots. The East coast of Yorkshire has a lot if industry, particularly if you run north from Hull to Newcastle.. I remember when Wilton ICI covered miles of the coastline.. Teecee.

11 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Fine set of shots.

cheers

Iain

Thanks Iain.

11 hours ago, paulb said:

Great series Martyn. Nice to see a Defiant here :)

Cheers Paul, I was very happy to find one.

12 hours ago, andy1252 said:

Lovely stuff, Martyn! I'm looking at this, and a dim and distant bulb in my head is saying "Fairey Battle"? I'm not at all sure about that, but it's amazing what can come floating up from the past isn't it? I can't have had a single thought about the Fairey Battle for at least 50 years - whether this is one or not.

This is the Boulton Paul Defiant Andy, a lot more successful than the poor old Battle. It's main downfall was the absence of forward firing guns which was soon exploited by the Luftwaffe pilots. Still it was a handy night fighter.

9 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Very nice Martyn!  I knew there was a Boston, UK.  :lol:  Never made it that far when I was there.

Hey, could you give me the lat/long of those towers, are they lights on them?  They look cool and I'd like to go there in the sim.

Cheers!

Thank you Jack, went to Boston years ago, could not believe how flat the land is around there.

You will find the industry at Immingham 53 37N : 0 11 W.

My brother worked at one of the plants in the early 70s amazing to see the industry there as we had nothing like it in Bournemouth.

8 hours ago, Flying_Grandpa said:

Stunning set

Cheers FG.

5 hours ago, teecee said:

Nice.. Love those industrial shots. The East coast of Yorkshire has a lot if industry, particularly if you run north from Hull to Newcastle.. I remember when Wilton ICI covered miles of the coastline.. Teecee.

Thanks Teecee, I will have to do a trip up to 'boro, plenty of the chemical industry up there.

4 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Good to see all this local knowledge going into a beautiful flight. Thanks, Martyn!

Cheers Gerold, the area has changed a lot since I was there last.

2 hours ago, Kasi31 said:

Thanks for the great tour Martyn!

Cheers Karsten

1 hour ago, Sammy H said:

A wonderful set Martyn.

Thanks Sammy.

Many thanks for your great comments and your interest.

• Upvote 1

I usually make the trip north up the old A1 to Darlington, and then run for the coast at Newcastle, and down to somewhere around Filey or Scarborough and inland to York or Leeds.. nice trip to make in the early dusk.. Teecee.

40 minutes ago, BradB said:

Hull of a post Martyn . :ph34r::P:lol:

Cheers

John

Thanks Brad, lucky I did not start from Cottismore or they would have told me to go to Hull!

41 minutes ago, teecee said:

I usually make the trip north up the old A1 to Darlington, and then run for the coast at Newcastle, and down to somewhere around Filey or Scarborough and inland to York or Leeds.. nice trip to make in the early dusk.. Teecee.

Some very familiar names Teecee, places I have visited in the past on holidays and Newcastle once for the football.

Sounds like a interesting trip, I will have to find a nice sunny day and take a squiz.

Cheers Gents for your comments and suggestions.

• Upvote 1
  • 1 year later...
7 hours ago, Sheridan Say said:

I live in Hull and was looking forward to looking at these.  Are these links no longer clickable?

Welcome to the forums Sheridan, here is a flight I did recently that you can see.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
On ‎3‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 1:32 PM, adambar said:

I enjoy you titles as much as your shots Martyn. :D  Fantastic set of caps! :)

A very belated thanks Adam!:lol: