After recently watching some videos on the Bahamas (more specifically flying in the Bahamas), I have been on the search for some decent scenery that covers the beautiful area. Sadly most of the scenery I've found is outdated and lacks the immense detail that many sceneries for P3D v3 offer. If ORBX was to release scenery for the Bahamas, It would by far be my favorite scenery. Just imagine the pink sands of Harbour beach, sand bars of the Exumas, Flamingos (CreatureFlow), small private strips, etc. all in immense detail !! Who else thinks that it would be amazing if ORBX made scenery for the Bahamas? 

er.jpg (Harbour Beach)

Cayo-Musha-Bahamas-2.jpg?resize=350,200 (Sandbars of Exuma)

flamingo-300x168.jpeg (Flamingo)

• Upvote 1

Hi PNW,

Yep - wholeheartedly concur - if you don't have it ORBX just improved the Bahamas a bit with OLC NA 1.20 - I run FTX Global - UT TAC - and OLC NA and the area is looking pretty good for generics... Art Poole's freeware has like 30 airports in the Bahamas improved - but they seem to need some work to play well with the aforementioned packages... Hah - we could flash back to the 80's and be drug smugglers flying old Navajo's on one way trips flying 50 feet of the deck at night trying to penetrate US airspace... Yeah - the Bahamas are high on my list... They really have Flamingos in the Bahamas - I've seen the swimming pigs but never a Flamingo :huh:

A very recent post by me on the same subject:

Regards,

Scott

Edited by scottb613

Reversing to a mainland region, modelling a FTX archipelago is very challenging as coastlines for islands need to be much more sharper than what is provided with OSM by Vector in particularly smallest ones.
If anyone own a drone with LIDAR sensor to capture data, that might help a lot

3 hours ago, scottb613 said:

Art Poole's freeware has like 30 airports in the Bahamas improved - but they seem to need some work to play well with the aforementioned packages...

There is a guy out there doing this work already. I think Art P has sanctioned his work, in fact. 

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/some-more-work-around-the-bahamas.439674/

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/need-help-for-bahamian-buildings.439673/

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/bahamas-photoreal.435471/#post-757770

I believe he is on these forums somewhere, maybe he will chime in.

Edited by Ripcord
  • Upvote 1

Being mostly Australia  based orbx is really short selling the Caribbean region. Years ago they said FTX Germany wouldn't sell so they are never making it.. and now.. lol.. Germany north, Germany south....

You guys don't understand the fascination americans have with the Caribbean AND Bahamas. Years down the road you will make them, even if you pretend you won't sell a single copy right now. just like you did with Germany :)

• Upvote 2