Chad Quail

Blurry textures after OpenLC NA P3D v3.4

Hello,

I just purchased openlc na and have severe blurry texture issues. Everything was fine under Global. It looks like it initially loads in my immediate vicinity but that's about it. If I circle around the area directly below me will eventually load,but once I'd fly off in any direction severe blurs again. I have searched many forums and tried many solutions with no luck. Everything from forced migration, affinity mask tweaks, deleting cfg and letting it P3D build a new one, all with no luck.

P3d v3.4

i6600k @4.6ghz

32gb ram

980ti

Hi, I don't know if this will help or not but have you tried setting P3D to "high priority" in the Windows processes.

also, you could try this, enter P3D and tick everything in your scenery library then exit P3D and delete the context of your "scenery indexes" folder then Start P3D again and let it rebuild the indexes.

see if that has any effect, other than that I'm not to sure :blink:

Cheers

Greg Z

42 minutes ago, Chad Quail said:

Hi Ziggy,

I will try that. I assume you mean unselect everything, save, then delete contents of scenery indexes?

Nope, select everything in the scenery library and then exit, then delete the  contents of the "scenery indexes" folder

I only suggest it because I've found if I have some entries unticked and rebuild the indexes, the files have big jumps between dat. File numbers.

again, I'm not even certain this has any effect or not but it's worth a try.

Cheers

Greg Z

Edited by Ziggy

Tried deleting scenery indexes and shader cache with no major improvement. :(

EDIT: What did seem to help was

TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=400

I increased it from the 200 I had before. So far this seems to have potential, going to test some more.

Edited by Chad Quail

More updates....

Added TexMaxLoad=30

and changed TBM=160

TTFT=0.10

Last test flights seemed pretty good. Still some noticable pops ins especially when flying fast, but not to bad. I think I'm finally getting it to work as it should. What a pain though....

Another update.

Did a total rebuild of CFG and Nvidia control panel settings. Deleted the CFG again and am back to stock P3D settings. I've tweaked a few things in the Nvidia control panel based on a few common settings I see people using. Now everything seems to be working perfectly. Not sure what was going on, something have have been corrupt somewhere. P3D can be so finicky I wouldn't be surprised if the same issue randomly pops up again somwehere.

• Upvote 1

Please redo Orbx Migration from the FTX Central and clean your shaders directory (let it rebuild).

I had this problem too and re-running Orbx Migration fixed it

On 2/21/2017 at 9:02 AM, Chad Quail said:

Tried deleting scenery indexes and shader cache with no major improvement. :(

EDIT: What did seem to help was

TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=400

I increased it from the 200 I had before. So far this seems to have potential, going to test some more.

for most of us 80-100 in the texture- bandwidth should be more that sufficient to fix you blurries in Prepar3D.  My jaw dropped when I say 400. LOL :)

Edited by FireRx

On 2/22/2017 at 3:34 PM, Chad Quail said:

Another update.

Did a total rebuild of CFG and Nvidia control panel settings. Deleted the CFG again and am back to stock P3D settings. I've tweaked a few things in the Nvidia control panel based on a few common settings I see people using. Now everything seems to be working perfectly. Not sure what was going on, something have have been corrupt somewhere. P3D can be so finicky I wouldn't be surprised if the same issue randomly pops up again somwehere.

Nice of you to get it working. What settings did you tweak on the nvidia control panel?

Thanks,

Rey

Maybe too late to get an answer, but I have the same problem since installing ORBX Germany North and South. Amazing: First when I only had installed GEN (no GES so far...), after minutes of flying everything starts to get blurry - after reaching the border of GEN, everything was okay and sharp immediately - no matter, how fast I was.

After I bought and installed Germany South half a year later, same problem same area suddenly. Blurry to the north, blurry to the south.

So to my opinion, it is a real delicate and small border to set your system to the correct settings! So please, if you read this, Chad or anybody else, let us know your NVidia settings to get our blurry problems solved...

it seems, using P3Dv4 with ORBX, is a little bit like trying to set the radio to a new radio station broadcasting on short wave. Only a minimum space to hear it clear....

Another thing you might try.

Go to your windows programs file....open it...find the P3dv4 academic entry, double click ,a modify setup screen wiil open.

Click repair and it will (apparently go through the whole shebang).

Does no harm....and could help.(don't worry, it won't uninstall your program)

• Like 1

Hmmpf - sorry, Lawrence. Could you please specify the resident P3Dv4 academic entry folder, please? Had a search inside the whole machine, but didn't find an academic entry file to click on :unsure:

17 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

Windows control panel, Programs and Features.

If you have FTX Global Base, a repair will overwrite all the Orbx textures.

Ah, sorry, was too stupid to find! Nick, does it mean, I have to reinstall the appropriate ORBX files?

2 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

only FTX Global base, everything else should be fine.

Thank you, guys. Even if I have a little fear to do this just because all my components really work fantastic so far...