ORBX probably gets many suggestions but it wouldn't kill me to ask. I wanted to know if ORBX is interested in providing sceneries in the Caribbean smaller airports. Particularly, I am looking for TJMZ Airport scenery in Puerto Rico. However, there are many other airport that could use sceneries. 

Take Care!

Photorico has a nice freeware TJVQ and a new payware TJIG, both blend in nicely with LC NA and FTX Global.

Lee

I just got back yesterday from 7 nights in Virgin Gorda and would love if someone would do the US/British Virgin Islands in good quality, similar to FlyTampa's Grenadines.  ORBX would be great - most of the ones I've seen existing for it either don't work in P3D or they look like early FS2004 era scenery, or the project seems to be aborted in one case :(

-stefan

Edited by shortspecialbus

If you look at flightsim and avsim free scenery libraries, I believe you'll find a bunch all over the Caribbean.

I agree with our young OP. There is a definite need for nice Caribbean sceneries à la OrbX (and yes, the British Virgin Islands airports would be a good start).  

I would also dare and add that a Caribbean fat region would have my entire approval ;) now that Hawaii is off the table. 

8 hours ago, Geezer said:

If you look at flightsim and avsim free scenery libraries, I believe you'll find a bunch all over the Caribbean.

Are any of them any decent?  Last I checked (admittedly a while ago) they were not anything even close to what I would consider decent quality.  They might have been a bit more accurate, but the color matching and everything else was incredibly jarring.  I tend to stay away from most freeware sceneries because of that, so I'm not particularly good at finding them.  Aside from OZx and RTMM I never have any freeware on my system ever, I'm a bit too spoiled by how ORBX and FlyTampa stuff look :\

-stefan

I flew with FS9 for about 7-8 years and used mostly freeware.  Major exceptions were UT, Misty, Tongass and Vancouver.  There were some very talented people (including Holger) making freeware but they didn't seem to followup in FSX.  Now, with Orbx along with RTMM and OZx, I don't use very much freeware at all.  There's only so much time to fly and I have excellent Orbx stuff almost everywhere I want to go.  However, I've looked at the Caribbean freeware and a lot of it looks pretty good.  When I get some time to fly around there, I plan to download and add it first.  The question to ask isn't if it's Orbx quality but is it better than the default.  Just my opinion.

I am the complete opposite in that I now have many freeware addons made for FSX but working just fine in P3D. My main areas with freeware are those not yet covered by Orbx. I have a complete LC of South America ( a 4GB file) with many freeware airports for Brazil and Argentina, LC for Africa (2GB file) and also LC for Japan plus many airports. 99% of the addon airports work well in P3D, those with any anomalies that I can't rectify I ditch. Considering that most of these addons consist of just a Scenery and Texture folder installing or removing them is simple as they do not tend to add anything "obscure" into the P3D directory.

It has certainly opened up the rest of the world for me to explore in much greater detail than the bland non Orbx world.

I found there was nothing worse than picking a country out for my next exploration and finding that their major airports or secondary airports consisted of a length of asphalt and a tower and enclosed within urban housing, and one or 2 planes at the airport if an afcad existed.

Returning to the original topic of the Caribbean, I also suggested this a year or so ago when we were asked about our voting for the next full fat FTX. It was won by Germany and we got FTX GEN. Anyway I was waiting to OLC NA to see if that did the trick as far as the Caribbean was concerned but I am afraid it was a great disappointment in that area for me. Relying on Vector with OLC resulted in those annoying buildings in the sea etc which completely spoiled it for me. I have since stumped up and bought and alternative payware product which includes it's own vector data, autogen etc and looks so much better than the default and doesn't have elevation or coastline issues. It will remain my goto product until Orbx does a Caribbean full fat. 

17 hours ago, jjaycee1 said:

I have a complete LC of South America ( a 4GB file) ... LC for Africa (2GB file) and also LC for Japan...

Where did you find those? I could be interested on them as a placeholder until OpenLC reaches over there. Any idea how it compares to SceneryTech?

After a break of a few years I decided on my comeback to invest in Orbx sceneries only, as they are so good.

I agree with the initial poster, so many Islands and obviously airports in the Caribbean with other Countries so near that GA and

tube liner fliers could all enjoy the land and the sea. One only has to look how popular Holger's PNG went down, which

is similar.

I really do hope, that Orbx takes this up.

Regards,

JimNZ

Edited by JimNZ