raymondgoubet

Need advice on making videos

Hi,

I am trying a video editing software: Movie Edit Pro Premium, from Magix.com. Not bought it yet but have a 30 days trial period.

What I did:

- I recorded a 30 mins flight in FSX SE using shadow play, in custom 1440p, 60 FPS, with audio

- at this high settings, I get 3 files: two 3.8 GB files and one 2.6 GB

the problem:

when I put the 3 files in Movie Edit Pro Premium, one after the other without gaps, there is a fault where the files are supposed to meet: I do put them 1 after the other without gap, but the sound at the end of each stops about 1/3 of a second before the end of each file, so I don't get a seamless movie, between the tracks.

I read that Shadowplay is not constant: it records with a variable frame rate which causes problems with anything that needs a frame accurate source. I found Handbrake software to redo the video in constant mode, and the seam between the files in Movie Edit Pro Premium is much better.

However Handbrake doesn't allow to do in 1440p only 1080. So, I lose picture quality. And Handbrake is really hard on the CPU: for a 3.8 GB file it took 22 mins, with CPU at 105 C and Corsair H100i RPM at just under 2400! That was noisy! 105 C is fine, it is the limit the Rampage V extreme MB allows; I asked the tech guy at Chillblast where they built my PC.

Is there any better solution to fix this?

Hi Ray, the frame drop is due often when you record onto the same hard disk where you have the OS or the game you are recording. I tried shadowplay in 720p and it works fine, no frame drops apart some stutters in the game.

I wouldn't buy the Magix software. I have some Magix products but i am disappointed, about the quality and the price spent related to the quality. As editing I use Adobe Premiere, also Sony Vegas is very good. Other prices, anyway not always the cheap programs allows you to do what you need, when you have to work on the audio for instance.

A cheap and good encoder is the Movavi video converter, or the Movavi Video Suite if you wish to have a set of programs (a video editor also).

Hi Maurizio,

Thank you for your reply.

I do have the OS on C: which is a Samsung Pro 512 GB SSD

FSX SE is on D: which is a Samsung Pro 2 TB SSD

and I record the video files using Shadowplay on E: which is 2 WD Black 3TB HDD in Raid1

So, the process is already "separated".

I use Shadowplay to record in 1440p, at 60 FPS. 1440p is much better than 1080p: better pictures. My problem is not frame drops, but the fact that at the end of its video mp4, the sound is out of sync for around half a second: the sound stops half a second before the last frame. So, when I collate with the next mp4 by Shadowplay, I get a gap in the sound. Note that in 1440p, at 60 FPS Shadowplay create ~4GB files that last around 11 minutes.

I agree with you about the Magix software: it crashes often, and from £ 92 I got an offer for £ 35, so they seem desperate to sell it! I don't really like the subscription plan to Adobe Premiere, so I will investigate Sony Vegas...

Yes, it's often the problem with the audio out of sync when you record both (audio and video). When for instance you have a sound card like the soundblaster or better, there is the option with the drivers to set the latency for the audio to reduce it to the minimum (few milliseconds), but with the sound chip inbuilt, i don't think. So many times you have to shift the audio track to resync in your video editing software. You unlock the audio track from the video and you move it along the timeline. I use older versions of Premiere (i have the CS2), i don't like too the subscription :) 

Hi, in general when using airplane sound (no other sound track like music) you want to merge/blend/mix the sequence to make a nice scene.

Most program will do that for you.

I have use quite a few program over the years and I often come back to Cyberlink Power Director. For the price it's hard to beat.

Also to record scene I use Bandicam. It's really nor hard on FPS and full of resolution adjustment. 

Ben 

Benny and Maurizio, thank you for your help. I will look at  Bandicam...

To show my problem in details, I made this short video:

Any suggestion?

Hi again, what you did at 1:49 (overlap) is what I call merge or mixing, it's perfect this way if you remove, let say 1 or 2 second second at the start of second clip, this way you won't go backward with the plane. You can cut and delete small or big section of any track.

Where is your music track? it's line 2?

If you decide to use music the video need to be edited around this one, that mean cutting and mixing (overlap).

I just added a new vid in this section, just a fun one. It as a lot of editing.

May I ask what is the purpose of your video? fun of sure but are you just trying to join 3 part perfectly aligned?

Salut, Ben

Hi Ben,

7 minutes ago, Benny said:

(overlap) is what I call merge or mixing, it's perfect this way if you remove, let say 1 or 2 second second at the start of second clip, this way you won't go backward with the plane. You can cut and delete small or big section of any track.

Yes, I tried that just after I made the video, but it made things worse. I tried removing 0.2 sec, 0.5, 1. The more removed at 2nd track, the worse.

8 minutes ago, Benny said:

Where is your music track? it's line 2?

Yes it's line 2, but it comes from the video mp4 itself: I flew listening to music as well. So there is the picture, the sound of the plane and the music together.

11 minutes ago, Benny said:

I just added a new vid in this section, just a fun one. It as a lot of editing.

I am going to watch this.

12 minutes ago, Benny said:

May I ask what is the purpose of your video? fun of sure but are you just trying to join 3 part perfectly aligned?

To test the Magix software (30 days trial), and yes to join the 3 parts to see if I can get perfectly joined videos, to simply re-create what happened during the flight.

Maurizio,

I found that Sony Vegas is now owned by Magix:

"What is Sony Vegas?

VEGAS Pro is a video editing software package for non-linear editing (NLE) originally published by Sonic Foundry, then by Sony, now owned and run by Magix. Originally developed as an audio editor, it eventually developed into an NLE for video and audio from version 2.0."

Also, on
http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/download/trials
we can read:
" Sony Creative Software is pleased to announce that MAGIX has purchased the majority of SCS software products. All video software acquired by MAGIX is now available at VEGAS Creative Software and all audio software at MAGIX Audio. For more information, please read our press release/FAQ. "

Also, what Sony Vegas do you recommend?

There are 3 expensive products (Vegas Pro) and 3 cheaper ones (VEGAS Movie Studio)

I think for me VEGAS Movie Studio 13 Suite is the best. It's the most expensive of the 3 cheaper ones.

Edited by raymondgoubet

12 hours ago, raymondgoubet said:

Maurizio,

I found that Sony Vegas is now owned by Magix:

"What is Sony Vegas?

VEGAS Pro is a video editing software package for non-linear editing (NLE) originally published by Sonic Foundry, then by Sony, now owned and run by Magix. Originally developed as an audio editor, it eventually developed into an NLE for video and audio from version 2.0."

Also, on
http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/download/trials
we can read:
" Sony Creative Software is pleased to announce that MAGIX has purchased the majority of SCS software products. All video software acquired by MAGIX is now available at VEGAS Creative Software and all audio software at MAGIX Audio. For more information, please read our press release/FAQ. "

Also, what Sony Vegas do you recommend?

There are 3 expensive products (Vegas Pro) and 3 cheaper ones (VEGAS Movie Studio)

I think for me VEGAS Movie Studio 13 Suite is the best. It's the most expensive of the 3 cheaper ones.

Oh, i didn't know that :) Well, all the non linear video editing softwares allow you to make a professional video, the difference between them is the set of transitions, titles or effects and the quality of the exporter/importer. I know a bit Sony Vegas pro but i don't know how work the others. Anyway, these video softwares are for families (Magix for instance, Movavi, with medium-low price) or for advanced or pro users, and the price is always more than 200 - 250 €, to make a video for flight simulator to show to the friends also these cheapest software are good. I've used a lot Premiere for work, but it works along with an analog\digital acquiring video card inside, Premiere was provided with the video card, not HD, so to manage all the HD videos i bought the Movavi Video Suite. I would buy also the Sony Vegas Pro if i need more editing power.

35 minutes ago, Maurizio Giorgi said:

the non linear video editing softwares

What does this mean?

Thank you Jeff. It's clear now, knowing the history.

On 2/15/2017 at 1:53 PM, Benny said:

Also to record scene I use Bandicam. It's really nor hard on FPS and full of resolution adjustment. 

Hi Ben,

I tried Bandicam, and it crashes when starting a recording in screen recording mode. I looked at their forum, and they say to reinstall graphics card drivers. Well that was done last week already. I tried all kind of things, to no avail. I did read all FAQs.

I uninstalled it because this is useless, and in some replies they give to their customers in the forum, often they say that the customer was wrong or its a video card problem. Your can read in some posts that the customer knew what they were talking about... in several posts I read, it doesn't give me confidence about Bandicam.

So, I will keep using ShadowPlay for now. I think I will try VEGAS Movie Studio 13 Suite, and see what happens...

Edited by raymondgoubet

I just found Action...

https://actionrecorder.com/overview

I will have to investigate.

They say it's the journey that is important, not the destination... :)

Please let me know about Vegas Movie Studio 13 Suite if you try it. In my new pc there was also another game recorder, XBox live, i registered a video for test and it's very fluid as well. Anyway it seems not to work anymore after i activated the shadowplay software, it seems it took the priority now.

52 minutes ago, Maurizio Giorgi said:

Please let me know about Vegas Movie Studio 13 Suite if you try it.

I will, but only after I tried it. Also, I am just starting with video editing software, so I am no expert. However, I am very quality and robustness orientated: I would rather have a normal car that NEVER breaks down, than a fragile supercar!

55 minutes ago, Maurizio Giorgi said:

In my new pc there was also another game recorder, XBox live, i registered a video for test and it's very fluid as well. Anyway it seems not to work anymore after i activated the shadowplay software, it seems it took the priority now.

I like ShadowPlay, as simple and stable so far on my PC. It is just this 0.1 sec of missing audio at the end of the mp4 file, and the audio not in sync with the video, which also happens to several other recording software, as I could read in their respective forums... There seems to be something that causes this phenomenon on most recording software.

In my experience, but i am not expert in recording video games, audio recorded with the video always have problems when you record several minutes continuously. It doesn't depend on the software but from the hardware. On Mac systems, that are more oriented to record and edit audio and video, all works better. In this case, because you record a video from an internal source, it depends on the operating system and from the drivers involved in these things.

When i used shadowplay to make a try with the flight simulator, i recorded about ten minutes, but the audio was perfect and syncronized with the video. The only thing is that it recorded also what i was making when i started and ended the application shadowplay, so i should remove one or two seconds at the biginning and at the end of the recording and re-export the video.

I also have FRAPS but not yet installed on this machine, so i couldn't say how it works under Win 10.

Hi Maurizio,

The only thing is that it recorded also what i was making when i started and ended the application shadowplay, so i should remove one or two seconds at the biginning and at the end of the recording and re-export the video.

You can set that the Start recording in ShadowPlay never appears, so nothing to remove at the start.

ShadowPlay is not bad - the audio is near perfect; it is just at the end of an mp4 that the audio stops before the video ends: I redid a 35 mins flight, and the missing audio at the end of the 3 4GB files is < 0.06 sec, but still enough to be obvious, so I overlap and because it's only 0.05 sec it does fix the problem.

Yesterday I tried Bandicam, and it crashed every time when recording in screen mode except once, so I uninstalled it... I had disabled ShadowPlay.

In

http://www.vegascreativesoftware.com/us/vegas-movie-studio-product-comparison/#productMenu

I selected to download VEGAS Movie Studio 13 Suite, but it installed VEGAS Movie Studio 13 Platinum, It seems the suite is Platinum + 3 programs

Straight away it is better than MOVIE EDIT PRO PREMIUM, but the Make Movie option is not customer friendly to do videos in 1440p or above resolutions! As I have 1440 native screen I do want videos in 1440, and to do this, It seems the only way is:

1. From the main menu, select 'Make Movie'
2. Choose 'Save to hard Drive'
3. Click on 'Advanced Options'
4. Select the codec 'MainConcept AVC/AAC' from the list on the left side of the window
5. Select 'Internet HD 1080p' for the template listed on the right side of the window
6. Click the 'Customize Template...' button
7. From the drop down menu for Frame Size, select '(Custom Frame Size)'
8. Manualy Enter your Width and Height into the boxes below - eg.
'Width - 2560 / Height - 1440'
9. If you have a high end graphics card with lots of CUDA cores, you can select a different encode mode for faster rendering of the video.
To do this, located where it says 'Encode Mode' towards the bottom of the window, and choose 'Render using CUDA if available' from the
drop down list. There is another tab where you click a button, and it tells if you have CUDA.
10. Click OK, then Render. Wait...

Currently rendering a 35 mins video. So, not limited to 3 mins in trial mode, unlike MOVIE EDIT PRO PREMIUM. So far reached 45%, another 55 mins to go. The PC is like a Eurofighter Typhoon at take off.

I did a 52 secs videos earlier and it was in 1440p.

Edited by raymondgoubet

Thanks for all your info Ray, very precious! I will set shadowplay so that it begins immediately to record. Encoders seem to suffer a bit when you go beyond the presets.... don't know the reason but often it happened to me when i played with the manual settings :) Anyway the approach to acquire and export with the same size is correct, when you change it the encoding time increases a lot.

43 minutes ago, Maurizio Giorgi said:

I will set shadowplay so that it begins immediately to record.

What do you mean? How do you do that?

What I meant was to simply disable the "Recording has started" notification (in Settings, Notifications menu of ShadowPlay). Otherwise, "Recording has started" appears in the video. So no need to cut the start of the video. (But now thinking about it, should the very start of the ShadowPlay videos not be "quite perfect", then it may be better to include that few seconds "Recording has started" , to be removed later, but by that time the ShadowPlay video might have stabilised. Hard to know without very intricate testing. See what I mean?)

Encoders seem to suffer a bit when you go beyond the presets

Just to be sure, do you mean when we customise (Record, Quality, Custom) and set higher resolution/FPS?

Anyway the approach to acquire and export with the same size is correct, when you change it the encoding time increases a lot.

Yes, what is the point in lowering the resolution and at the same time increasing the encoding???

That is why, as there is no obvious VHD settings in the 'Make Movie' wizard, I first thought that VEGAS Movie Studio 13 Platinum was no good for me! Why "hiding" higher resolutions??? 2K, 4K, ultra wide IS the future, so why has VEGAS Movie Studio 13 Platinum not that clearly in the 'Make Movie' wizard???

I am still not sure that this cumbersome process:

1. From the main menu, select 'Make Movie'
2. Choose 'Save to hard Drive'
3. Click on 'Advanced Options'
4. Select the codec 'MainConcept AVC/AAC' from the list on the left side of the window
5. Select 'Internet HD 1080p' for the template listed on the right side of the window
6. Click the 'Customize Template...' button
7. From the drop down menu for Frame Size, select '(Custom Frame Size)'
8. Manualy Enter your Width and Height into the boxes below - eg.
'Width - 2560 / Height - 1440'
9. If you have a high end graphics card with lots of CUDA cores, you can select a different encode mode for faster rendering of the video.
To do this, located where it says 'Encode Mode' towards the bottom of the window, and choose 'Render using CUDA if available' from the
drop down list. There is another tab where you click a button, and it tells if you have CUDA.
10. Click OK, then Render. Wait...

is the best one for 2K, 4K, ultra wide resolutions, but at least it is something.

It seems to me that VEGAS Movie Studio 13 Platinum is somehow outdated regarding making movies in 2K, 4K, ultra wide resolutions. Or do I miss something?

Other question: is there a way to set ShadowPlay to not record the mouse cursor?

Edited by raymondgoubet

Well, just to record one video it's few experience for me, i have to play more with the new machine where i only tested shadowplay and xboxlive recorders. I remember that with FRAPS for instance, there was the option not to record the cursor and neither the notifications were shown, so you had simply an already clean video. I will test more Shadowplay to see everything in the future.

About the encoders, it's all a world, you have different results using one or another, and you understand this after having made several tests. In my experience i meant that when you customize the encoder changing the size, for instance, the final quality is not like you expected, presets are tested and generally work better, even if, yes, you have the chance to enter manually different parameters. I haven't a lot of experience with the hd, but i have it with the old mpeg2 and to have a clean image and fluid, it's needed a lot of experience and a perfect connaissance how the encoders work, so let's image with the hd :)

It's possible that this Vegas is a bit outdated respect to the templates. I imagine that Adobe Premiere is not. I found this article to compare what the market has to offer very interesting http://www.toptenreviews.com/software/multimedia/best-video-editing-software/ , anyway since i already have the Movavi video Suite, with i think, it has the fastest encoder (and in the article is neither mentionned) i will make some search to see which is the best at higher level.

Hi Maurizio,

The best in the list, CyberLink PowerDirector 15 Deluxe, doesn't seem to have any trial version, or it is almost hidden... So, no.

Movavi video editor: question: Is it possible to overlap videos, to fix my problem above? Each time I try to overlap 2 videos, they get swapped. If I can't overlap, then I can't fix my problem. 

I can overlap in VEGAS Movie Studio 13 Platinum. The only "bad" thing in VEGAS Movie Studio 13 Platinum is the cumbersome way to make the video in HD > 1080... But Movavi is easier to make the movie in HD > 1080, and sooooo fast to create the video, even in max quality: 9 minutes for a 21.5 GB file, and the CPU only reaches 82 C! In Vegas the temp of the CPU is 104 (I do have an overclocking MB) so Movavi's algorithm is much more efficient. But in editing mode, Movavi is too simplistic it seems... I need to overlap videos.

Nothing more so far.

Edited by raymondgoubet

Hi go to EDIT in magix and separate Audio and Video , now you can change   the volume in sound and also expend the sound as you want or less

Patrick

On 21/2/2017 at 9:14 PM, raymondgoubet said:

Hi Maurizio,

The best in the list, CyberLink PowerDirector 15 Deluxe, doesn't seem to have any trial version, or it is almost hidden... So, no.

Movavi video editor: question: Is it possible to overlap videos, to fix my problem above? Each time I try to overlap 2 videos, they get swapped. If I can't overlap, then I can't fix my problem. 

I can overlap in VEGAS Movie Studio 13 Platinum. The only "bad" thing in VEGAS Movie Studio 13 Platinum is the cumbersome way to make the video in HD > 1080... But Movavi is easier to make the movie in HD > 1080, and sooooo fast to create the video, even in max quality: 9 minutes for a 21.5 GB file, and the CPU only reaches 82 C! In Vegas the temp of the CPU is 104 (I do have an overclocking MB) so Movavi's algorithm is much more efficient. But in editing mode, Movavi is too simplistic it seems... I need to overlap videos.

Nothing more so far.

Sorry for the late reply, i am working on the old pc since two weeks, so i haven't had the chance to verify what you need in Movavi, but i will do it as soon as i can switch with the new pc. When i use Premiere and i need to arrange the audio tracks, i always unlink audio and video like Neptune says, in that way you are able to move the audio track independently of the correspondent video, if for instance you have the video track during some seconds more respect the audio, because you have a drop, you can cut the portion of video track that has no audio recorded and you will have again the same lenght of audio and video. I have never tried this in Movavi so i will check if these functions are possible.

• Upvote 1

Hi Maurizio,

Thank you. 

So far:

- MAGIX Movie Edit Pro Premium: not the best I tried, and crashes quite often

- Movavi: nice and fast to create the videos, but not so easy to edit compared to other software

- CyberLink PowerDirector 15 Deluxe, doesn't seem to have any trial version: I won't by what I can't test

- VEGAS Movie Studio 14 Platinum (ver 14 released last week, price is £ 69.99; note this is not Vegas Pro): so far it is my preferred one. Nice to edit; I now know how to do 1440p or above videos. Many options. To me it's the easiest to edit. Rendering movies is demanding on the CPU and slower than Movavi. I like it also, as when it crashed on closing it, a window appeared for me to mention what I did before it crashed! So, they seem interested in fixing bugs more than anyone else I can ever remember. It is the only one that allows to try it for 30 days, without videos time limit, and without watermark. I do like their policy. Unless a problem occurs, I think I will get VEGAS Movie Studio 14 Platinum...

Yes, I did separate audio from video. I removed the silent 0.1 sec at the end, but no editor allows to stretch the audio to bridge the gap, so the best is either to overlap the videos, or cut the 0.1 sec at the end and collate the second video.

Hi Ray, thanks a lot for your info. I've tried in Movavi and yes, you can manage the audio track and eventually to scratch it. Not easy like in Premiere but you can divide the main video and then change the parts you want, you can change the audio speed so to match with the video to fill what you miss. To edit audio you have to move the audio track in the track below. Anyway in these programs the approach in editing is different. In premiere you import a video and you choose multiple parts of it to add in the timeline, in the movavi you have to divide the main clip to start to select parts. Not very intuitive. I like also the VU meter for the audio level while is played, but you know, after a life spent in video editing, mainly from DV tapes via FireWire and the player controlled by the computer, i find these low cost program interfaces only to have a bit of fun :) I am sure that the Vegas is that one more similar to a pro editor.

Hi Maurizio,

Thank you.

9 hours ago, Maurizio Giorgi said:

you can manage the audio track and eventually to scratch it.

Scratch it? Or did you mean stretch it? If yes, how?

9 hours ago, Maurizio Giorgi said:

I am sure that the Vegas is that one more similar to a pro editor.

Yes it is, because I watched Vegas pro 14 videos on YouTube, and the menus, and wizards, and settings forms are similar. VEGAS Movie Studio 14 Platinum often looks like Vegas Pro 14, with settings and features removed.

I think I need to try the free trial of Adobe Premiere Elements 15 (£79.10) too...

http://www.adobe.com/uk/products/premiere-elements.html

I need to find the time!

Edited by raymondgoubet

Oh yes, i am a cat lover but i meant strecth, sorry :) Well, once time you have divided the video and shifted the audio track below (in the track where you can add the music), clicking on the end of the track and keeping the left mouse button pressed, if you move the mouse to the right you can increase its lenght until the original lenght. Anyway you can't invent anything, so if you want that sound continues more, without touching or duplicate some existent parts, the only way is to reduce the speed, for instance to 97%. If your audio track lasts 2 min, in this way you will have a new lenght of 2:03, obviously the frequency of the audio changes and the tonality goes down a bit, but if you remain at about 90% of value, you won't notice the difference too much.

Hi Maurizio,

I just moved the audio down, to music, and stretched it in VEGAS Movie Studio 14 Platinum. The audio appears to be stretched, but it isn't: I just restart from the beginning, from the point I stretched it.

Am I missing something?

Ok, let's suppose that your audio track is not complete, because when you recorded the video shadowplay missed the audio at the end of the recording. You have two options. Once time you have unlinked audio and video you can copy a part of the recorded audio just to fill what is missing, or modify the speed of the audio track, a little less than 100%, so that your audio track is lasting more than before, this is what i meant. You can do it in Vegas, or also Movavi is capable to do it, this is i think what you asked me. The strectching is virtual because you are using the recorded material, i meant that the program can't invent things that you haven't recorded.

In Premiere is the same. When you need that the audio track is more long respect to that one you have, you can clone parts and add it, or slow down the existent track to fill the parts where it has no audio. Anyway is more difficult to explain writing than doing it :)

Hi Maurizio,

I ungrouped the audio from the video, cut at the point where the audio stops, removed the bit without sound, copied the audio from the next clip (of same duration of missing audio), copied it into the missing audio gap. It's a good solution, if overlapping 2 videos is not good enough (but it is often good enough).

I will have to find out how to investigate the other solution, where the speed of the audio track is under 100%. Not sure if practically possible, because the length of the 1st video is ~11 minutes 11 seconds, but the missing sound is less than 0.05 seconds. So it would have to be just under 100%:

something like 11*60 + 11 = 671 secs, then 671 - 0.05 = 670.95. So: 670.95/671 = 0.99992548435 or 99.992548435 % !

The weird thing is it's easy to hear that the audio is missing for 0.05 seconds, but if I put a gap of the same length for the video, I can't see the missing video. Ears are better than the eyes.

Edited by raymondgoubet

Yes, it's easier to hear a sound gap, for the video you have to concentrate yourself a lot to notice it.

Your calculation is correct, but if for instance you slow audio at 99%, you can then move the end of it to the left, so to collimate video and audio.

7 minutes ago, Maurizio Giorgi said:

Your calculation is correct, but if for instance you slow audio at 99%, you can then move the end of it to the left, so to collimate video and audio.

Only if the problem is on the first video (the one on the left). Not for videos "in the middle".

So, it has to be very precise, ie 99.992548435 %, or otherwise, it can't be the solution.

I still have to find out how to slow audio...

Hi Maurizio,

10 hours ago, Maurizio Giorgi said:

In VEGAS Movie Studio 14 Platinum, it's very easy: I just need to ungroup audio grom video, delete the audio bit without sound (which is 0.084 secs or 8.4 hundreds of a sec), then on the big remaining audio, I just need to use the Time Stretch/Compress tool, or just press CTRL and drag the audio: it works very well indeed! To show the % stretch/compress in the audio (at the end of it, so on the right), in View, select Active Take Information: it still shows 100%, because it is 99.992548435 %, but it is stretched. Then I just have to put the next video on the right, and it's near perfect.

Edited by raymondgoubet

Ah ok, it's automatic then, the program calculates the exact amount of audio needed to match with the video. My Premiere hasn't this automatic function, all is done manually, but the concept is right, it changes the speed. I have other programs where you can match the music to the video, anyway it doesn't stretch, you have to import enough music to fill the video duration and fade out at the end of the track. But in a slideshow, for instance, the program calculates the time of each photo to match with the music, so it's the opposite process :)