Sign in to follow this  

I have just purchased orbx England and find it the bees knees.  The only fault is that my main airport - EGCC Manchester Int Airport is not up-to-date is there any plans to bring it up-to-date or is there a work-a-round i.e. make the runways 05R, 23L and 05L, 23R.

Think I am right in saying that ORBX do not create the larger "hub" type of airports.  Only smaller airfields.  That said, there is a very good 3rd party payware EGCC available.  I shall not give more information than that here, as it would be inappropriate.  Google is your friend.

UK2000 have just released an updated version of Manchester as have Aerosoft.

ORBX on the other hand have released Melbourne and Dubrovnik so with Bilbao and San Diego in the works; larger Airports arent out of the question

Hi,

As airport charts change quite often, there is no update planned for FTX Region. You can edite the AFCAD et make change with ADE.

Third party has indeed quite good and compatible products to be close to reality

You would have better performance with the UK2000 version than with the I.D.S./Aerosoft rendition.

Edited by olli4740

Thanks to all for getting back so quick.  I've just had a look at UK2000, downloaded their free abridged version, and I will save up and buy their full version.

YMML and YBBN are not exactly small airports, both ORBX, they do tend to hit the FPS tho :)

I have purchased Manchester X from Aerosoft, it would seem this is not compatible with Orbx England. Aerosoft say Orbx should correct it. The whole of the airport is on a different layer to the surrounds.

You probably need to disable the ORBx version of EGCC Manchester in FTX England. I do not have the product, so I am not sure how this works (short of actually removing the files).

Create an empty temporary folder in a different place and, within the ORBX Folder, look for all ORBX files that have 'EGCC' in their names. (For the Windows Explorer search box: *EGCC) Shift those, reload the scenery/restart the sim, and check the result. Also, make sure that the addon airport has a higher priority in the scenery library than the ORBX entries (FTXC loves to put the ORBX entries back on top, so ...)

Edited by olli4740