active Floating house CAQ4

Hello,

I am the 'owner' of CAQ4 in FSE. I live in the house at the beginning of the airstrip. However, my feet are getting very cold and no one wants to come and visit because of the draft. Can you please put my house back on the ground? Thank you.

caq4.jpg

JPS,  Yesterday I bought the very beautiful Hammerfest and have the same problem.  Today I am

hoping to show the Mods a picture of it.  Keep your eye open for the answer to your problem too.  I think

it will be fairly easy to fix.  Let's hope so anyway.

Good luck,

JimNZ

Hello JPS,

To display CAQ4, are you using FTX NRM (Northern Rocky Mountains) Region, or (FTX Globalbase, Vector, and NA OLC) or just Default P3D, Do you have an addon Mesh product such as (Pilots 2010). Can you give the exact co-ordinates of your aircraft in the picture using Shift+Z in P3D.

If you mean FSE - FSEconomy then this would play no part in the Elevation of houses.

Yep looks pretty good to me Doug, you must have your Autogen set to (Normal or Dense) to only see that house standing by itself, if you set Autogen to (Very Dense, or Extremely Dense) the house is surrounded by other building types. Happily on the ground here too.

@JPS  Do you have your "Mesh Resolution" Slider set  to 5m as recommended by Orbx

Yes, the Mesh is on 5m, but if I set it to 1m it's the same. I have FTX global, vector, NRM, HD trees and FS Global 2010 Mesh. My settings are as recommended in the documentation except for autogen vegetation wich is maxed. Having said that. I don't have any other buildings surrounding this house, ever. So now I'm wondering about that too :huh:

And it's the only building that is floating and this is Always the case, regardless of settings. I did the elevation correction in Vector.

FSE is indeed FS-Economy and I know it has no impact, but it is the reason I am at CAQ4 on a daily bases...

I will check for coordinates this afternoon, but if you stand on the runway looking at the hangar it's the house all the way at the beginning, on the left.

Hi JPS,

Ok, I am out of ideas for the moment, your issue will need Orbx staff assistance.

In the meantime perhaps you could use windows search tool on your P3D installation for any Non-Orbx NRM occurrence of CAQ4 - Springhouse.

Also, do you have any Service Pack updates for NRM waiting to be installed via FTXCentralv3.

Edited by Jeff Gilmour
2 hours ago, Jeff Gilmour said:

Hi JPS,

Ok, I am out of ideas for the moment, your issue will need Orbx staff assistance.

In the meantime perhaps you could use windows search tool on your P3D installation for any Non-Orbx NRM occurrence of CAQ4 - Springhouse.

Also, do you have any Service Pack updates for NRM waiting to be installed via FTXCentralv3.

Well, thank you so far... There are no updates in FTXCentralv3, and I have no other scenery stuff installed except ORBX :)

I will fiddle with scenery and mesh settings again when I'm home to see if anything changes, good or bad...

So, I think I have extensively tested this... If I spawn myself there, either directly or from first going for example to KFUL and then to CAQ4, the house is on the ground. If however I fly there, even from as close as BF3, The house is floating. BTW, my scenery is set to extremely dense, and no way there are ever other houses directly nearby.

Coordinates are in the pic (of me spawning there):

EDIT: ok, that becomes unreadable.... N51 57 18  W122 8 41

Untitled.jpg

Edited by JPS
Coordinates
  • 3 weeks later...