Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hey JPS, try this.

 

 Assuming you have already installed Australia, install the Holgermesh Australia ( again, that is if you have not already)

https://orbxdirect.com/product/holgermesh-au

 

Now take a low and slow flight from Devonport and head south where you will soon come across some spectacular scenery.

 

There are plenty of great freeware Australian airports too including YMLT.

https://orbxdirect.com/freeware

 

Hope this will reiterate what Pat has said.:)

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, bruce e said:

Isn't Tas freeware?

I think he is asking now that he has bought Au does it also contain Tas and therefore freeware Tas can be uninstalled.

Good point Bruce, well as I have never used a demo version I am unable to answer the question.

Hopefully some one else can supply the answer.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Australia (and the old Green AU) installed straight over (and included) the Tas demo. The demo beach south of Hobart is still there in the full Australia region.

 

If the original poster is referring to the Tas demo, then there is no requirement to delete it when installing Australia.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ken Terry said:

Unfortunately there are many occasions when Tasmania is left off the map of Australia.

Here is one example

WoolworthsHat.jpg

So please leave it installed.

Regards

Ken

We love to fly under the radar.

 

If too many people find out about Tasmania it will spoil it for those of us that already know.

 

:rolleyes:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh please don't get me started.:(

 

 

 

1 hour ago, Ken Terry said:

Unfortunately there are many occasions when Tasmania is left off the map of Australia.

Here is one example

WoolworthsHat.jpg

So please leave it installed.

Regards

Ken

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, perhaps I was unclear. I was just wondering if I now had somewhat of a double install, since there seem to be some conflicting reports/documents as to what one needs or has, and when. I think it was here (wich doesn't seem to work every other day) that I noticed the red lining around Australia, including Tasmania:

 

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/124256-worldwide-map-of-orbx-airports-added-to-website/

 

It would be nice if the website just makes things more clear and you can see at a glance what area is covered, and all the document Pdf's that come with the products would seem to be checked recently instead of some appearing 3 years old and containing different information regarding recommendations and such.

The whole green, blue, red and whatnot color thing per product is another thing that I see in documents and is confusing, since I also saw a worldmap somewhere around here that has the available areas (AU/Northern California/Southern California/etc) in those colors :huh:

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ken Terry said:

Unfortunately there are many occasions when Tasmania is left off the map of Australia.

Here is one example

WoolworthsHat.jpg

So please leave it installed.

Regards

Ken

To be fair, I doubt if they have ever heard of Australia let alone Tasmania in Zangjihakou.

 

Anyone remember the Commonwealth Games in Brisbane 1982?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, VH-KDK said:

To be fair, I doubt if they have ever heard of Australia let alone Tasmania in Zangjihakou.

 

Anyone remember the Commonwealth Games in Brisbane 1982?

I do. Robert de Castella winning the marathon was a classic as was the rehearsal for the opening ceremony when the skydivers ended up everywhere but in the stadium due to an approaching storm front.

 

.....and who can forget Norman May banging on to Geraldine Doogue about the 'slouch' hat that blew off the head of a soldier and lay on the ground for the duration of the opening ceremony proper.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, JPS said:

Yes, perhaps I was unclear. I was just wondering if I now had somewhat of a double install, since there seem to be some conflicting reports/documents as to what one needs or has, and when. I think it was here (wich doesn't seem to work every other day) that I noticed the red lining around Australia, including Tasmania:

 

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/124256-worldwide-map-of-orbx-airports-added-to-website/

 

It would be nice if the website just makes things more clear and you can see at a glance what area is covered, and all the document Pdf's that come with the products would seem to be checked recently instead of some appearing 3 years old and containing different information regarding recommendations and such.

The whole green, blue, red and whatnot color thing per product is another thing that I see in documents and is confusing, since I also saw a worldmap somewhere around here that has the available areas (AU/Northern California/Southern California/etc) in those colors :huh:

 

Sadly this will not be changing in the near future. As has been stated by JV several times when the subject of new Australian airports or a complete upgrade of AU has been raised: "It won't happen as AU/NZ does not bring in a lot of money".

 

Yes in the hunt for the almighty $$ ORBX has forgotten it was Australia that started ORBX on its journey to where it is now. It is frustrating for people like me who spend 90% of their time flying Australian skys.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I kind of agree with Pat on this one.  I fly 90% in Aus.  I loved what ORBX did with NZSI and NZNI ... some of the scenery work there is simply breathtaking ... not to mention the added goodies like windfarms, powerstations, and other object placements.  And ORBX has been improving and getting even better ever since.  But Australia, as ORBX's first release now comes across as a little "tired" because it is missing the object placements, the new technologies, and all of the other pizzazz of the latest sceneries being released. Don't get me wrong, Australia is fantastic just as it is right now ... but a makeover certainly wouldn't hurt it. I'd even pay for it again.  That said, on the flip side, I also understand that as a business, ORBX does need to go where the money flows.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Pat, I respect 99.9% of what you always post but I do take a mild exception, I repeat mild, to "Yes in the hunt for the almighty $$ ORBX has forgotten it was Australia that started ORBX on its journey to where it is now. It is frustrating for people like me who spend 90% of their time flying Australian skys."    We as Australian pilots had very little input into the creation of  Australian scenery but we were/are the benefactors. A few people got together and created VOZ, then OZx and ultimately Orbx. With VOZ and OZx these were times when the creators had other jobs to support themselves and flightsim was a hobby. To then produce a product of the quality of Orbx, it required leaving secure jobs to spend the time needed to create said software. To facilitate this the company requires full time and part time paid employees/sub-contractors which requires lots of "almighty dollars". I am online most nights and seriously, the number of pilots that fly low and slow over Oz ( you do not need high level scenery at 35,000ft) makes it painfully obvious that it is just not commercially viable to spend more resources on Australia at this time. Having said that, I note all the compatible third party freeware available for Australia with which to augment Australian scenery should one so desire. Go online and have a look a the scattering of aircraft over parts of Europe, Asia and the USA yet to be covered by the Orbx treatment and you will understand where the need is.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Pat, give it a break, really, you have said the same thing over and over and quite frankly its boring as well as mildly insulting, Orbx would not be here anymore if we had not expanded globally.

 

@JPS please post in the support forums if you have an issue

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...