caaront

Texan who loves ORBX crashes a plane in Australia

A little humor to start out 2017 with a groan.

A Texas Cowboy whose favorite hobby is to fly in P3D over ORBX scenery went to Australia for vacation.

While there in the outback and since he was a privte pilot he decided to rent a small plane to see how true to life ORBX was in the outback, it was true to life everywhere else he flew.

So he was flying along and amazed at how great it was when a wing strut failed and he spun in from 500'.

He awoke to find himself in a hospital bed in a full body cast and tubes going in and out everywhere.

He saw a nurse and called out to her "Ma'am, did I come here to die?"

She turned to him, smiled, and answered "No, you got here yesterdie."

Happy New Year, I'll be in the building all day.

• Upvote 2

Well, that upset my equilibrium. I couldn't work out whether to fall about laughing or to groan. I think I'll do both!

And yeah, Happy New year to all.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Benny said:

It must be that I'm French speaking... I don't get it:stuck_out_tongue:

Ben

Sorry about that, don't worry, if you have never been to Australia, no matter what language you speak, the humour is lost. It is the Australian accent where "Australian" sounds like "strain", "day" sounds like "die". Hope this explains it mate. Cheers and a Happy New Year.

• Upvote 1

The first time my wife and I visited Australia a waitress asked my wife if she wanted coffee or tea. My wife paused for a moment and then said..... "yes". English is a strange language and sometimes hard to understand. Especially for those who don't live in the southern United States. Y'all take care now he said grinning like a possum eating sweet potatoes..........Doug

Edited by Triplane
  • Upvote 3

6 hours ago, Triplane said:

The first time my wife and I visited Australia a waitress asked my wife if she wanted coffee or tea. My wife paused for a moment and then said..... "yes". English is a strange language and sometimes hard to understand. Especially for those who don't live in the southern United States. Y'all take care now he said grinning like a possum eating sweet potatoes..........Doug

Doug, that is really funny. Y'all have a nice New Year ... you hear?

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, hwh85 said:

Doug, that is really funny. Y'all have a nice New Year ... you hear?

He is probably fixin' to go flyin' down yonder, so he might not be able to answer right now...:lol:

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Sniper31 said:

He is probably fixin' to go flyin' down yonder, so he might not be able to answer right now...:lol:

That's OK mate because that is the only Southern expression I know.:D I speak the Queen's EnglishB)

• Upvote 1

An interesting thing about "y'all" is that it'a plural. I learned that when living in the foothills of the north Georgia mountains many years ago. We quickly learned that one of the best ways to "spot a Yankee" (identify someone as being from the northern United States) was to hear them say to only one person "y'all take care now". If I were talking to just one person I'd just say "take care now". It it were, say, 2-3 people I'd say "y'all take care now". More than 3-4 folks and I'd say "all y'all take care now". Funny thing this English language.....Doug

Edited by Triplane
Edited becuase I can't spel
  • Upvote 2

8 hours ago, hwh85 said:

... I speak the Queen's EnglishB)

:lol: I can hear her now. "G'day Phillo, y'old bastard"

Edited by Ron Attwood
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Ron Attwood said:

:lol: I can hear her now. "G'day Phillo, y'old bastard"

I have just watched a documentary on old Phillo, it took a long time before he was fully accepted by the British. Churchill hated his guts. I also remember the whole saga, I was there from 1957 to 1970. A lot of history had taken place in that era.

• Upvote 1

Oh...NOW I get it. It's to 'die' for. I'm going to have to come down there one day and sample your humor and your beer. I understand both are excellent. Gotta hear Waltzing Matilda sung in a bar setting in the country of origin. Maybe even see what a billabong actually is. No, I don't want to get tossed into one...just want to see one. From my readings from WWll it is my understanding that Aussie hospitality is second to none. Am I wrong on that, and would I be welcome as a tourist from the States?

jsapair