I just purchased YMAV - Avalon Airport. The whole transaction from the first click in FTXCv3 to completion of the installation took exactly 3 minutes and 4 seconds. Since I've been one of those bitching about the processing times I just wanted to report that I'm a happy camper with this transaction. Now if it would only do that all the time..........

Doug

• Upvote 2

Boy, I wish it did here. I gotta say that when the system works it's simply marvelous. It's just too bad that the download times are giving a bunch of us fits. It'll all be worked out soon, though, and then we can start spending even more money.......:-)  ( I still need 18 airports) -   Doug

Glad it works for you, any downloads I try be it manual or through FTX Central gives me estimated download times that range from 1-2 weeks. I have 24Mbit dsl. I can get around it via VPN but then I'd have to pay for a VPN service subscription and that isn't happening. Hope they fix the problem soon.

Cheers!/Andreas

Hi,

be sure you don't have Windows update process in the background. December is full of hidden goodies from MS. If you don't care about it, it could  tremendously lower your ORBX DL (or anything else) as the bandwith is monopolized by Windows Update.

Another point linked the first point is bad driver for wifi or ethernet. Automatic updates by Windows have sometimes bug making the device working poorly. Reverting to the built driver may solve the problem

Hi Richard, thanks for the tip. All other web related services are working just fine full speed for me. Only FTX Central and Orbxdirect.com are giving me grief. I only need to look at my router lights when trying to download something from Orbx, not even a blink. If there were MS updates clogging up my bandwidth, I would've noticed.

Cheers!/Andreas