Queensland Commuter into the "slideshow airport"

Unfortunately I could not get my GSX ground services to push back the intended 777 anywhere in Cairns (no parking position for heavies?), so I had to do a commuter flight down to the next major hub in order to use heavy iron. At least, I could test the Airbus once again after some time of rest in the hangar...

2016-12-10_20-2YBCS.jpg
2016-12-10_20-18-6-436.jpg
2016-12-10_20-19-14-350.jpg
2016-12-10_20-30-56-510.jpg

As usual, when approaching Brisbane the sim turned into a slideshow. So I tried to keep life simple and did not move to an outside view for photos - at least this paid off and I could finish the flight. Sorry for the incomplete documentation...

• Upvote 2
17 hours ago, Stillwater said:

As usual, when approaching Brisbane the sim turned into a slideshow

Hah! Hadn't thought of it that way - nice one! A lot of my flights turn into slideshows anyway as I can't stop myself from hitting the v key and then panning round looking for better angles. Not even necessarily for posting here either - I hate to finish a good little flight and then realise I hadn't grabbed a particular view I'd really enjoyed.

Looks like this was a nice flight!

• Upvote 2

Thanks for your encouraging comments, @RJ, @Voyager, @Kodiak73, @Bermuda425, @adambar, @dolf8857, @mikee and @Iain Emms !

12 hours ago, Wakashi said:

Well, the first four slides of the slideshow came out extra nice! :D

I did not see it that way yet, as I had to pause the sim for these slides...

11 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Excellent views Gerold, the Airbus looks nice in QF colours too.

Beautiful waters in that last shot.

Yes, the water with Orbx´s reefs and Steves DX10 clouds really catches the pilots eye.

PS: I do not know if Qantas does use Airbus at all (despite the famous 380)?

16 hours ago, tom2rific said:

nice set of shots...scenery looks great as do those cloud shadows !

Indeed Steves shadows add a lot for just a little cashout.

57 minutes ago, andy1252 said:

Hah! Hadn't thought of it that way - nice one! A lot of my flights turn into slideshows anyway as I can't stop myself from hitting the v key and then panning round looking for better angles. Not even necessarily for posting here either - I hate to finish a good little flight and then realise I hadn't grabbed a particular view I'd really enjoyed.

Looks like this was a nice flight!

Well sure it was a nice flight, whenever I fly with anything bigger than a default plane into YBBN I keep my fingers crossed I do not get OOMed. As this worked here, I was pleased. Even without outside views...

• Upvote 1
14 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Amazing shots.  I love the buildings down below in number 3.

Indeed, it is a great combination of Jarrad´s scenery details and the DX10 clouds. Cairns never looked so good on my computer before.