hi, 

Sorry by advance, i will not be very pleasant but :

As a lot of customers, i only buy with paypal (and i will not change).

so i could be great to have this option to come back.

I understand, it cost a little for you, but winning more money must not be done against user/customers experience.

your have started orbx direct too early (propably because of christmas coming) , with bugs, with missing basic functionnalities, with a too small infrastructure for download, and now, you remove paypal.

what will be the next "surprise" ?

Sincerely, i'm very worried about what's happen to my favorite scene editor,

Regards,

• Upvote 6
  • Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Man, this community is a tough one. Alex did his best to explain in as amicable of a way possible without defaming Paypal or creating some resentment towards their business. But the attacks continue.

Not that a lot of you will care, but has anyone even considered the possibility that maybe, just maybe, it is the (insert sarcasm) Oh So Glorious End All Be All Best Payment System In The World....Pay

There is two things that are constants with FTX/ORBX:   1 - Released products have an extremely high quality level. 2 - The company have an extremely high level of disrespect for their

Purchase via Paypal is available and has been both before the changeover & since FTC3.

EDIT:- oopps!!  Just seen the announcement see what you mean.....my bad.

Edited by dogtrack

I only use Paypal as well - no exceptions! 

I have never been hit by a car crossing the street, but so what? People get run over every day. Take precautions. CC companies are working to change their policy as well, as the number of careless customers and retailers are increasing. I would also advice anyone to never surf the Internet or use e-mail on a computer with valuable files on it. Use a separate computer, tablet or smart phone for Internet use!  

I work in a large bank with compliance, and I can tell you, over the last five years, hacking has exploded. If they can hack Sony, Apple and Adobe, they can hack ORBX or any small third party developer.

My personal CC info has been hacked twice (I've only left it at 10 different online retailers), but luckily my bank stopped the transactions in time. My CC info was probably stolen from the Adobe hack. My new credit card is registered at Paypal only.

• Upvote 2

Ever thought of the customers requirements? Why do all other FS-Sites feature a paypal option? For sure FSS did. I was about to purchase Hammerfast this morning when I noticed the missing option. Purchase is on hold.

• Upvote 1
Guest Colin M

Very disappointed Paypal has been removed as a payment method now, would it be OK to ask the reason for this? Its all I'm prepared to use really, glad I cot Catalina Airport and my final two full Fat regions No Cal and So Cal on Paypal while I still could.

:(

JV, were you aware of this?  This is absurd.  Paypal offers a lot more than convenience. 

Please let me know when you are ready to start selling scenery again, because I would like to purchase the latest one (I own all of them, until today).

• Upvote 2

There is two things that are constants with FTX/ORBX:

1 - Released products have an extremely high quality level.

2 - The company have an extremely high level of disrespect for their customers

I used to buy almost every single product, however since the infamous pre-release followed by a sale event, what I bought can be counted on a single hand.

The new FSS episode, followed by this, cause you to lose customers and degrade your reputation, one bit at a time. It's almost a school case on "how to alienate customers and push them toward competition while selling great stuff at the same time".

Edited by Zangdaarr
  • Upvote 9

Do you hear that sucking sound?  It is the sound of cash flow going out the virtual door, flowing right over to other websites that accept generally accepted payment mechanisms.  I still have about 4 purchases from AS that I was delaying. 

Sorry Finni. really was planning to make that day 1 purchase.

• Upvote 2

You could have at least given us some advance notice. Yesterday I purchased 5 sceneries from you and was

going to purchase 2 more today....now I can't.  How about Discover card.....I have a Discover card ?

4 minutes ago, FreeBird said:

I now can see why as pay pal charges 4% plus 30cents per transaction where credit cards only charge less than 2%. So pay pal is killing there bottom line.

You have to set this off against the numer of loyal customers lost, though.

Michael

8 minutes ago, FreeBird said:

I now can see why as pay pal charges 4% plus 30cents per transaction where credit cards only charge less than 2%. So pay pal is killing there bottom line.

Maybe, maybe not.  Frankly it isn't any of my business, so I don't want to really comment on that. 

Others manage to cover this cost, and by others, I mean literally every major web-store out there.

Edited by Ripcord
Guest Colin M
6 minutes ago, FreeBird said:

Everyone else uses it though.

I think Ed's choice of words were very unfortunate too ..

As we continue to evaluate our payment options we have found that PayPal are not satisfying our requirements.

Customers have requirements too and one of mine is Paypal only for purchases like this.

28 minutes ago, Zangdaarr said:

2 - The company have an extremely high level of disrespect for their customers

Explain please? I think that the folks at ORBX are in general amazing.

Companies take financial decision sometime and that is a fact, like I did with my shop, I simply stopped taking credit card 2 years ago because of the stupid fees.

I remember lately that John was talking about the cost of bandwidth... and they would shut up and digest it. It's a small company that is trying to make money and not loose some.

Now here is an easy solution for you guys, get a prepaid credit card. Well they call it a credit card but that is false. There is no credit on it, no minus.

You put the amount you want and leave it empty.

I just added 35$ AUD on mine and will go enjoy ENHF.

I can't believe some of you guys sometime.

Ben

• Upvote 2
2 minutes ago, Benny said:

Explain please? I think that the folks at ORBX are in general amazing.

Companies take financial decision sometime and that is a fact, like I did with my shop, I simply stopped taking credit card 2 years ago because of the stupid fees.

I remember lately that John was talking about the cost of bandwidth... and they would shut up and digest it. It's a small company that is trying to make money and not loose some.

Now here is an easy solution for you guys, get a prepaid credit card. Well they call it a credit card but that is false. There is no credit on it, no minus.

I just added 35$ AUD on mine and will go enjoy ENHF.

I can't believe some of you guys sometime.

Ben

Ben, I wonder, is your little shop still in business?

I cannot believe you sometimes.

9 minutes ago, Ripcord said:

Maybe, maybe not.  Frankly it isn't any of my business, so I don't want to really comment on that. 

Others manage to cover this cost, and by others, I mean literally every major web-store out there.

At the end, it is always paid by customers, you and I. Same apply for "reward programs". You pay them.

However, will the prices go down following pay-pal eviction ? Don't think so. That's a lose/lose deal.

And they they cut ties with FSS, and provide us with Orbx V3 and its wonderful 80ko/s download speed.
Virtual credit cards are a solution, but the customer end up paying more to use them. I have my own master-card, and I actually rarely use pay-pal. However, FTX still has a really bad customer strategy, the lastest course of event is not getting me back.

Edited by Zangdaarr
Just now, Ripcord said:

Ben, I wonder, is your little shop still in business?

Yes.... better then ever and I am noit giving 100' of $ to the bank for credit fees.

Here in Canada we have something called interac E-Transfer, ther cost is minimal, it's direct and perfect.
http://interac.ca/en/interac-e-transfer-consumer.html

When I'm trying to say is that I understand how it work both side of the fence.

Peace, Ben

Guest Colin M
6 minutes ago, Benny said:

No.

I have been an avid supporter here, through thick and thin.  These guys have stepped up time and again. 

* No charge for P3D v3 upgrades, even when many of those sceneries required major rework. 

* No charge for unlimited downloads (perhaps could have been communicated better, but the fact remains).

* Major price reduction on well over half the titles, very recently.

I truly expect that this was just one of those bumps in the road that was just not well considered (I hope).  Paypal is kind of a big deal for people that routinely buy things on the web, and there are reasons for that being the case - other than pure convenience.  It will all work out, I am sure.

A bit miffed right now, because I went to bed thinking I would grab a new scenery right as the wife left for work, but oh well.  I look forward to buying more later, when paypal gets turned back on.

6 minutes ago, Benny said:

When I'm trying to say is that I understand how it work both side of the fence.

Peace, Ben

OK, I agree.  I am very sympathetic to these guys, and I enjoy watching them grow.

8 minutes ago, FreeBird said:

If Orbx is selling 1 title every minute that is $43,000.00 a day or 15 million a year. I wound t call them a small company.

Guys, again, let's not pry into their details -- like Ben says, it is a business and they should run it that way.  ORBX isn't selling 1 title every minute, IIRC JV stated that somebody is out there 'DOWNLOADING' one title every minute.  Somebody might have to correct me on that but that is my recollection. 

Ok so like many here, I have over 100 titles and I did a recent re-install.  Actually I did two of them, the first one went badly.  So that's 200+ downloads in 3 weeks, just from me, and not a nickel of new revenue. 

I've already said, if I'm an unconditional fan of Orbx for a long time,

I do'nt agree with the new choices regarding Paypal and the download.

We are very numerous to think so. 

I try desperately to download ENHF this morning from 11.56 pm     now I am just only 30% downloaded

I'm connected by cable at 300M

Guest Colin M

Yep Ripcord, echo your thoughts, This company on the whole are reasonable, hoping there will be some re-consideration or middle ground met, say perhaps we both swallow Paypal's percentage in the future?

They as producers need to keep profits margins to stay afloat .. I don't think its profit greed here, that being said I think Ed could have worded his announcement better.

We as consumers face price rises all the time too, its a difficult one, but this customer for sure wont be using his card but staying with Paypal for these type of purchases.

I'm 5 titles from being fully caught up with all my purchases on the new FTX3 system now on my new PC built (bought with Paypal LOL), looks like I've reached my download limit for the day? was really looking fwd to making some more airport purchases with the current sale, but without paypal thats not going to happen, this is not a gun to head idle threat, I personally wont use another payment method for software especially.

Very sad day :(

15 minutes ago, Ripcord said:

Guys, again, let's not pry into their details -- like Ben says, it is a business and they should run it that way.  ORBX isn't selling 1 title every minute, IIRC JV stated that somebody is out there 'DOWNLOADING' one title every minute.  Somebody might have to correct me on that but that is my recollection. 

Ok so like many here, I have over 100 titles and I did a recent re-install.  Actually I did two of them, the first one went badly.  So that's 200+ downloads in 3 weeks, just from me, and not a nickel of new revenue. 

Your right. Disregard my numbers. I miss read.  I can pay the other way so its no big deal just inconvenient.

Hello out there. I was ready to buy Kenai but when it was in my cart, there was no way to pay with PayPal, even though that is the way I paid for all my other purchases. Is Paypal still usable?

Thanks Pete.

2 hours ago, simmerhead2 said:

I work in a large bank with compliance, and I can tell you, over the last five years, hacking has exploded. If they can hack Sony, Apple and Adobe, they can hack ORBX or any small third party developer.

I also have the same type of position at a large bank and agree 100% with this post.  You guys would not believe what is happening behind the scenes.  NONE of it ever hits the news.

Paypal offers an extra "buffer" between us and the vendor.  In the past 4 months, I have had 3 separate CC numbers stolen.  One of them was a brand new card that was only active for 4 weeks!  (No, I did not have a trojan/virus on my computer.)  These CCs were not tied to Paypal.  

Over the past year though, I have found myself using Paypal as the middle man and prefer this method of payment, if offered.

• Upvote 3