A short trip around Hamburg - part 1

Not really knowing much about Germany, topographically speaking, I thought I'd explore around Hamburg. I'm glad I did, the scenery around there is wonderfully well done. No idea how realistic it is, but looks damn fine on my screen! No reason for a Mexican Navy 'plane to be anywhere near here, but I like the paint job. Just a short trip north into Schleswig-Holstein then turn round over the North Sea coast and head back down the Elbe to the city. Real weather, and got some fine moody stuff to fly in. All 4k, and best on a big screen as usual.

Off we go!

chbKcub.jpg

Lots of low cloud today

7ILMUUQ.jpg

bPr3032.jpg

Occasional breaks in the cloud

CIYcNXc.jpg

aoAB8OK.jpg

Amazing scenery, this - kudos to Orbx

5ByBTCw.jpg

Z6SZwwN.jpg

2UEoFQN.jpg

qmc7Dmd.jpg

mReF8lN.jpg

w9hDvrV.jpg

Heading to turn back now, I think this is called Freidrichskoog down there

1TcWz2m.jpg

hsqLRst.jpg

6iKbccg.jpg

And heading back into the murk to follow the Elbe down to Hamburg.

rWyyP49.jpg

Very impressed with this scenery, and somehow this weather seems to bring out the best in it

I don't know any thing much about the geography of Germany either but I do recognise a few places in your wonderful set.

Tonight I have been in Berlin and the scenery there is just incredible.

Berlin could almost have been released as a city scape on it's own.

Excellent screenies, Andy. As I tinker right now with my own PTA settings, I would be interested to know, what settings you have, so I can compare them with mine. The reason I am asking, please forgive me for this, I find a few of your shots a little bit too dark, #5 is such an example

Thanks folks. I look at some of the views I get now with all the latest stuff like P3D v3, PTA, the ASN/REX combination and of course the ever impressive ORBX sceneries, and think back to when I started doing this (and I'm only talking about two or three years ago here - with FSX and not some ancient wireframe sim), I can't believe how visually realistic it's all become. When it all comes together it is quite breathtaking. I mean, just look at some of the shots we're seeing in this forum - remarkable stuff.

2 hours ago, bernd1151 said:

Excellent screenies, Andy. As I tinker right now with my own PTA settings, I would be interested to know, what settings you have, so I can compare them with mine. The reason I am asking, please forgive me for this, I find a few of your shots a little bit too dark, #5 is such an example

Hi Bernd, if you want to PM me your email id I'll send you a copy of my .ini file. And hey, no forgiveness required - all and any comments welcome. I agree about the light/dark thing - I still need to work on that. It seems to get way too dark under the clouds although it's fine in clearer areas. It looks better on my actual sim PC as my monster monitor on that tends to have a quite bright cast, so of course I tend to have things set for what works on that screen. I sort of waver between looking at some of the other shots on here and thinking my colours are too rich and my contrasts too strong, and then I'll see some other shots and think - "no, I like what I'm getting". Plus, I'm very aware that my setup seems to give me colours and a view that are best suited to non-summer situations. With a clear blue sky some of my flights feel a bit too colour rich.

Given that I've only ever been up in the air in RL as one of those oversized people stuffed into an undersized seat in the back of a big tin can, I don't have any idea of how things should really look - I'm just trying to get something that I enjoy staring at from my current (and way more comfortable) seat in front of the PC.

6 hours ago, andy1252 said:

Very impressed with this scenery, and somehow this weather seems to bring out the best in it

Andy1252,

I am impressed with the scenery and your 4K shots. Well done indeed and thanks.