16 minutes ago, orbxflyer said:

Looks amazing guys but $40 for one smallish airport??  No way.

It's not just the airport you're getting, there's lots of the surrounding area that's been modelled too:

https://www.fullterrain.com/product/pavd

And it is Orbx quality, $40 is a steal! It's roughly £23 GBP so that seems the going rate for a high quality payware airport,

Simon

I'm not knocking the product.  It looks great

But the SAK region already covers the area around Valdez.  So this is a mini detailed region within a detailed region (for which I have already paid £32)

Edited by orbxflyer
5 minutes ago, orbxflyer said:

I'm not knocking the product.  It looks great

But the SAK region already covers the area around Valdez.  So this is a mini detailed region within a detailed region (for which I have already paid £32)

+1

As I'm just about to be medically retired, I'll have to pass on this-even with ORBX quality, and save my money for the regions

4 hours ago, orbxflyer said:

Your not buying an airport.. but an experience. Look at those details posted by others!

That will make a super nice video :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Ben

This has to be the BEST ORBX scenery so far.  Totally immersive.  I've just spent an hour in an EC135 around the glaciers.  Truly remarkable photo real and great mesh.  It's like another world.  Great job guys.  Now, you need to do Denali!

• Upvote 2
5 minutes ago, dvj said:

This has to be the BEST ORBX scenery so far.  Totally immersive.  I've just spent an hour in an EC135 around the glaciers.  Truly remarkable photo real and great mesh.  It's like another world.  Great job guys.  Now, you need to do Denali!

Thanks so much! We are very delighted to hear that :) 

8 hours ago, orbxflyer said:

I'm sorry to be a little passive agressive here, but what is the point of this kind of remark?

Do you think that just because you complain about it, the pricing will change

The only thing that will change the price is if sales drop significantly. So vote with your wallet if you are displeased with the price. That is much more effective than complaining about it on the internet. ;) 

• Upvote 2

The way I look at it is I will probably never get to Valdez, but the quality of the product is such that I have a reasonably good idea of what the area looks like, (spectacular), & it would cost a lot more to go there in person.

I feel its $40 well spent given that I can spend hours exploring the region at my leisure in the Sim, something that would cost a lot to do by charter aircraft.

TTM

• Upvote 2
13 hours ago, orbxflyer said:

Comments like this are usually from mindsets that do not fully appreciate the extremely detailed, hard work that goes into an Orbx scenery package, especially as of late. It seems with each airport release lately, the developers at Orbx have added more and more content to the package. As a long time Orbx customer, $40 is a more than acceptable cost for such a package. I will be purchasing Valdez very soon. 

• Upvote 2

I  noticed the price was a little higher than previous airport packages but this is a truly spectacular package . Very very convincing and realistic with great performance.  I am using fsx  so I can only imagine how this would look with cloud shadows in p3d.

I am happy with my purchase . great job from Orbx once again.

• Upvote 1

I was flying there yesterday... of course like always my fun is to film and make video.

Using EZDOK from outside, no matter witch view or orientation I was looking it was simply stunning, i kept hitting F9 (record)....

I was ready to start making a vid and I said to myself I have to explore some more... and more. To be honest I didn't have a close look yet at the airport itself.

I did forget how SAK is magnificent because even outside Valdez itself SAK is amazing.

This is the most realistic place I have seen on a simulator (before, for me it was NZ - both)... and like someone stated above, I'm still on FSX so.

Also, as soon as FSX as finished loaded.... when it open up (view from cockpit)... you see those majestic mountain not so far away in front of you, even scary a bit.

WOW period, this scenery is scary real.. yes because it's probably as real as we will ever get out of a simulator for years to come.

Best 42$ CAD spent this week on anything that I bought in real life :stuck_out_tongue:

Ben

• Upvote 2

Oaky, after purchasing late last night (Hawaii time) and finally getting to fly around, Valdez is every bit as good as all the hype and better. Absolutely worth the price. Great work developing this guys!

• Upvote 2