John Dow

PAVD tour - FSX - Up Close and Personal

Wonderful. Hope to be flying these valleys myself by this weekend. 

Gotta figure out how to get the L-39 installed into P3D. 

Some impressive flying, here! It feels you're always aware of what you're doing.

And even at 300 knots the scenery doesn't loose any of it's majesty, on the contrary. I wonder if one could even study rock formations and tectonic structures using this scenery.

I've started a ferry flight, taking the Catalina firebomber N9505C from to Libby, MT to Anchorage, visiting ORBX airports along the way. Can't wait to make my fuel and burger stop at Valdez!

That is one incredible video! Gorgeous, epic scenery and some mesmerizing flying John. It's hard to know which more I was impressed with, the scenery or your flying. In either case, the two went together seamlessly. Cracking job!

On 26/09/2016 at 1:57 PM, Griphos said:

Wonderful. Hope to be flying these valleys myself by this weekend. 

Gotta figure out how to get the L-39 installed into P3D. 

I have the L-39 installed in P3D 3.4.9 - just use the FSTweak registry utility tool (http://www.tweakfs.com/store/free_tools_module.php) to create registry key for FSX that points to the P3D folder. Easy as that, the installer works like a charm. Only thing that does not work are the strobe lights. Looks amazing with cockpit shadows turned to ultra and inside the Oculus Rift VR headset.

Thanks John.  John Dow kindly PMed me with a tip for installing as well. I will give it a try today. I used to fly this lovely plane quite a bit. I'm very much looking forward to replicating Dow's flight.