Sign in to follow this  
Wakashi

ORBX staff's attention to detail is amazing to me...

Not exactly an airplane but it does fly and is kinda pretty to boot :)

Got distracted by this little creature at S45 Siletz Bay OR.  

I don't know, maybe ADHD kickin' in

2016-9-25ButterflyCapture1.jpg

2016-9-25ButterflyCapture2.jpg

2016-9-25ButterflyCapture3.jpg

2016-9-25ButterflyCapture5.jpg

More airplanes in the future, promise.

Roger

• Upvote 2

I think you met all the ORBX content requirements in this post, Roger, no worries!

Very cool, reminds me I need to go back to S45 for a visit.

Roger, that's amazing.  Look at the details these guys put into things.  I've seen 'em flying around but never once though about zooming in on one.  The close-up looks so real.  This is why no one will ever touch these guys for detail.  Stuff like this for me anyway really adds to the immersion. 

Thanks for the comments everyone, I wasn't expecting any at all and to get this many makes me feel good.:D

Having been a Park Ranger for 20+ years and being in the outdoors a lot I learned to notice nature while working with kids (& adults).  This one just caught my eye due to the sun reflection and the rest as they say is v key.

23 hours ago, Ripcord said:

I think you met all the ORBX content requirements in this post, Roger, no worries!

That was a bit of a worry!

13 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Roger, that's amazing.  Look at the details these guys put into things.  I've seen 'em flying around but never once though about zooming in on one.  The close-up looks so real.  This is why no one will ever touch these guys for detail.  Stuff like this for me anyway really adds to the immersion. 

Jack, I'm sure you know it's amazing what you can find doing a walkabout around these airports and checking out behind the buildings, I love to fly but I also like to get a real close look at thing sometimes.

12 hours ago, andy1252 said:

Lovely stuff! Wonder if there's a repaint kit for it.

Andy, bet there is,  although the color works well in this case, this one is I think is called a Cloudless Sulphur. :)

9 hours ago, Richard Bui said:

Nice stuff. Is it a project of freeware or payware ?

Richard, the butterfly came standard with Siletz Bay (S45) ORBX payware.  I am thinking there may be more out there that I haven't spotted yet :)!