Unlike other areas Germany has nearly no areas without anything like trees or grassland we are used from USA like prairies, deserts or huge large forest areas.

In most areas of Germany there are villages, towns, cities, industry and so on.

So occasionally there may be some stuttering when sceneries are refreshed or if sceneries are too "heavy", fully amimated like Berlin or other big cities.

Basically it depends on the hardware, of course.

Agree to Dieter. I have an i7-2600/3.4GHz + GTX 970 + 3440 x 1440 screen, which is probably below average today, at least compared to the systems I see often referred to here. Framerate in general is  good, I have my monitor set to 30 fps which I can keep in agricultural, wood etc. areas. In big cities, it drops into the 20s which I find normal. This is with certainly too high settings for my system (both Autogens maxed). Plane A2A C172, e.g.

Most of the time this is fluent. However, I have occasional stutters when new modules (notably in metropolitan areas) get loaded. But that's not specific to GEN, I see it elsewhere, too. (And, yes, both System and Prepar3d already sit on SSDs.) 

I think KVSandleben summarizes it quite well: No noticeable negative differences to other ORBX Region sceneries.

Kind regards, Michael

• Upvote 1

Maybe these guys at Avsim have other addons like German Airports installed and not properly deactivated the interferring bgl's, which seem to be able to bring FPS into the low 10s according to some support posts here in the ORBX forum?

I can only agree with KVSandleben and Michael - no performance problems with GEN.

I see indeed a worse performance when compared with other regions including EU ENG and EU Wales. I have a i7-3770 at 4.2. and a GTX 970 and in rural area's the FPS stays at 30 (locked 31) but around heavy autogen area' s there's a lot of stuttering.  I don't have addons in GEN and the autogen not maxed out.

• 3 weeks later...

I agree, in fact I have been doing more and more testing, trying to get it to work better since installing the scenery, than with anything else! The config panel doesn't seem to make a lot of difference in my experience.

In my case, a lot of settings rework became necessary. My system is a 4 years old i 2500 (no k) at 3.4 Ghz. After installing GEN, I got a massive increase of blurry textures. So with my new graphic settings GEN is okay in VFR with less complex aircraft, but hard to handle with jets or nearby big cities. This indeed seems to be due to the high populated areas here in germany. Unable to run GEN with the same settings as before....

Anyway, outstanding work and I will never miss it - started to save up for a stronger maschine, then for a use with P3D for sure....

• 1 year later...

Late to the party.

I just purchased North & South.  My performance (MJ C-47 3.14) is very poor in the Frankfurt area, total blurriness.  I'm locked at 30 and I'm getting a 15-16 slideshow. 

I did have a successful flight in a more rural area with a higher complexity aircraft. 

I'm looking for performance settings in the control panel.