Jump to content

Not really the direct way back home to northern Germany


Recommended Posts

I still have some more real life flights to digest here in the sim, before I can explore my home area... so we take another plane in Stuttgart...

2016-9-10_14-18EDDS.jpg
2016-9-10_14-19EDDS.jpg
 

... fly along the alps and Mont Blanc...

2016-9-10_14-43Alpen.jpg
2016-9-10_14-44-9-304.jpg
2016-9-10_15-0MtBlanc.jpg
 

... towards the Mediterranean Sea.

2016-9-10_15-32Narbonne.jpg
 

An approach over the Pyrenees...

2016-9-10_15-42-21-903.jpg
 

... into Barcelona:

2016-9-10_15-57BCN.jpg
2016-9-10_15-58.jpg
2016-9-10_15-59-1-208.jpg
2016-9-10_15-59-2.jpg
2016-9-10_16-0LEBL.jpg
 

You can´t control the AI traffic...

2016-9-10_16-5-23-591.jpg
2016-9-10_16-6.jpg

 

What a pleasure to have Open_LC Europe, really a good baseline for these comparisons.

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Well done sir. It's really nice to see from your shots, Gerold, how well our ORBX world mimics reality. Have a look for example at your approach photos (#8 and 9 from top), the tower in the distance, the knolls, the small forest area and then the oil storage tanks (well, some of them), it's all there. Fantastic

 

Shall we already plan our next virtual vacations? Almost no need to go there anymore in real life :)

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I had wondered if Germanwings was still around , after the tragedy from last year . I am glad they are still flying .:):)

Gerold what a great post my friend , you have really set the bar very high with your RL/SIM shots !! .

 

Cheers

 

John

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you, @RJ and @Iain Emms, for taking the time to comment.

 

23 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Extremely nice Gerold!  Where did you get that plane?  I'd like a tube liner .

I have P3D.

Thanks

Thanks, Jack...

 

22 hours ago, KVSandleben said:

It's Aerosoft's A320.

... and that´s it, KVS is right. It is a quite sophisticated model, but with the tutorial flights and the copilot function (and the Airbus logic) fairly easy to use.

 

22 hours ago, bernd1151 said:

Well done sir. It's really nice to see from your shots, Gerold, how well our ORBX world mimics reality. Have a look for example at your approach photos (#8 and 9 from top), the tower in the distance, the knolls, the small forest area and then the oil storage tanks (well, some of them), it's all there. Fantastic

 

Shall we already plan our next virtual vacations? Almost no need to go there anymore in real life :)

Absolutely right, we have reached a fantastic level with our sims. I absolutely enjoy that.

 

Virtual vacations is a nice idea. But who is taking the pictures for RL/sim comparisons? I fear we still have to go... B)

 

20 hours ago, BradB said:

I had wondered if Germanwings was still around , after the tragedy from last year . I am glad they are still flying .:):)

Gerold what a great post my friend , you have really set the bar very high with your RL/SIM shots !! .

Cheers

John

I was flying with Germanwings just a week after the tragedy. And this trip also, as you have seen. Varying service: On this outbound (real) flight the crew was totally harsh - on the return they were good. In the sim the crew was always very forgiving.

Thanks for your compliment. I still have your little Alaska tour in mind. And we have Martyn currently travelling in Thailand, I suppose!

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Wonderful set Gerold and it is so great to see these RL/FS shots to see how good the ORBX world is.

Your supposition about me being in Thailand is correct, plenty of photos to blend in with some FS flying.:)

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you, @Doc Scott!

 

On 21.9.2016 at 2:56 PM, VH-KDK said:

Wonderful set Gerold and it is so great to see these RL/FS shots to see how good the ORBX world is.

Your supposition about me being in Thailand is correct, plenty of photos to blend in with some FS flying.:)

 

Welcome back online, Martyn, and thanks for your careful looking & even reading of the comments!

Not worth mentioning that I look forward to see your travel documentation... B)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...