Sign in to follow this  
John Lovell

Valdez - A small video tour - P3Dv3.3

Here's another video in the Bird Dog. A short circuit and landing showing you some of the areas around the airport. There is much more to this scenery which I would like to leave for you to discover on your accord.

Please take in mind this is a beta so will be different from the finished product.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, dexthom said:

Looks like FS9 to me!

That's the joke of the week

For me it looks absolutely fantastic. Well done!! Can't wait to get hold of it

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, dexthom said:

Looks like FS9 to me!  As you said it's Beta.  The still clips look good.

17 minutes ago, bernd1151 said:

That's the joke of the week

For me it looks absolutely fantastic. Well done!! Can't wait to get hold of it

Well, I also have some interrogation at that point.  Bernd, I hope that I won't upset you too much :P :lol: !

The mountain in the axis of RW 06, during the takeoff and landing, looks almost fluo on my monitor. But I think it is because John has selected high saturation and brightness levels in his P3D (see the red of the aircraft hood). Reducing the saturation might be more palatable for some (including me). Taste and colors, to each his own.

Also, It is not clear whether the mountains around have autogen over the PR image. I am no big fan of naked autogen. Again, to each its own.

We have all been waiting a long time for a true PAVD (I've taken off and landed countless times there since 2k2) and I must say that the OpenLC NA team has done a great job.The new Valdez hopefully will be even better. What I see in the clip and other previews is more detailed than OpenLC NA as PR always is but I still need to be convinced.

Well, I'm convinced. I rarely buy new airports when they are released, as I have so much Orbx scenery now to enjoy, and have regretted a few low performing airport buys. This will be an instant buy. Both from the still shots and the video, this is one of the most realistic looking sceneries that Orbx has done. I'm looking forward to hours and hours in my own Birddog exploring those incredibly detailed rivers and lakes and glaciers. Just very impressive work on display here. 

Yes, color can be adjusted (and saturation does seem too high in this vid) and this vid shows that autogen is clearly where it should be (timberline is low that far north).  This scenery captures reality to a degree that we don't usually see. Excellent work.  

It's hard to know what it would take to convince if this doesn't rise to that standard. As a real pilot who is always looking for scenery that accurately reflects my experience in the air, this clearly is more of what I'm looking for than I usually see, and I'm looking forward to flying it soon. 

Edited by Griphos
  • Upvote 1