PAVD Valdez My first look.

50 minutes ago, TigerTigerM said:

& a very good 1st look Iain.

BTW, are you running a "ships" pgm, or is the oil tanker part of PAVD scenery set??

TTM

No ships program its in the scenery.

cheers

Iain

• Upvote 1

Great to see another stunning airport in Southern Alaska!

But now as there are several larger high quality Alaskan airports to start some bush flights … what about a few high quality backcountry destinations also? I think of cabins or lodges with a landing strip or a seaplane dock, or some famous bear watching sites with landable beaches or lakes. I'd love to see some of those. And the one big thing still missing in high Orbx quality: Lake Hood.

Keep on your great work!

Thank you!

5 hours ago, RALF9636 said:

Great to see another stunning airport in Southern Alaska!

But now as there are several larger high quality Alaskan airports to start some bush flights … what about a few high quality backcountry destinations also? I think of cabins or lodges with a landing strip or a seaplane dock, or some famous bear watching sites with landable beaches or lakes. I'd love to see some of those. And the one big thing still missing in high Orbx quality: Lake Hood.

Keep on your great work!

Thank you!

Just in case you aren't already aware, there are numerous freeware backcountry destinations available at RTMM:  http://www.return.mistymoorings.com/

Edited by DesertPilot
  • Upvote 1

Captivating shots Iain :) This area first came known to me back at the time of the famous Exxon Valdez oil spill disaster. These shots bring back the images I watched on the television news at the time, of all the sea birds in distress, the tanker itself etc. So its nice to see there's even giant oil tanker flow in this upcoming and captivating scenery title! Very much looking forward to this one! Thank you for all the great shots showcasing what we can expect mate! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Well you would have lost your money on that bet. I don't use Pta and never have used it these shots as aways are straight from my v key with no editing .

cheers

Iain

• Upvote 1
  • 1 year later...
26 minutes ago, Gabe777 said:

Second only to Narvik as my personal fave.

Awesome stuff OrbX.

And I don't say that often.

Thanks!

There is a very delayed update coming sooner or later as well, I've just finished a long term project (the Swedish bundle) so getting back to this now and updating some bits.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • 1 month later...
On 10/2/2018 at 5:21 PM, Marcus Nyberg said:

Thanks!

There is a very delayed update coming sooner or later as well, I've just finished a long term project (the Swedish bundle) so getting back to this now and updating some bits.

Oh I'm not bashing the design... they are both awesome.... it's just my personal love for the cosmetic beauty and setting of Narvik. Valdez and Narvik are both awesome in their own right... but chalk and cheese.

Valdez is wild Alaska, like Everest...  Narvik is a beach in the Bahamas - although not as warm (!) - but, both have their attractions.

Apparently they have annual flight games at Valdez.... STOL competitions, and flour bombing and stuff. Gotta dress up warm !

Edited by Gabe777
On 11/17/2018 at 1:37 AM, Gabe777 said:

Apparently they have annual flight games at Valdez.... STOL competitions, and flour bombing and stuff. Gotta dress up warm !

Having the crowded stands, measuring officials and marked landing area for the competition would be awesome!