Jump to content
Jbaran

Commercial airline ai traffic

Recommended Posts

Hi - I fly pnw and frequently fly over Vancouver bc - I have fsdt cyvr and love it w all my orbx items

 

question - where do I start so I can see proper ai traffic here - times and liveries

 

are there freeware items just for this airport ?? I never see any jets coming and going

 

have the orbx freeware ga running but didn't think that effects larger traffic?

 

have tried sliders in settings at various percentages too?

 

and fsdt updates regularly with some type of 'traffic files' too?

 

any pointers or advice much appreciated

 

regards Ron

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I use MyTraffic6 for traffic at this time. It is not freeware but it does well in populating airports. I do have FSDT CYVR as well and it populates it just fine and has departures and arrivals. Also works best for FSDT Memphis if you use that one too due to the FedEx hub as it populates the Fedex Fleet extremely well at that airport

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I started with the freeware World of AI packages, then moved on to compiling my own collections of AI planes, current schedules and compiled them with Freeware AIFP3 - that way I could create Air Canada Rouge and Air Canada Express traffic for Vancouver, Victoria and the rest - a lot of work at times but a fun hobby all by itself!

 

Alpha India is a great site for this topic.

 

Steve

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ok, firstly thanks all for your input and advice

 

so... if I want the best models ... do I go with world of AI?

and what are afcad files, my fsdt cyvr routinely asks if I want to download the latest and I say 'yes'

 

if I install world of ai, will it overwrite the fsdt afcad files with some of its own?

 

sorry, still trying to decide which route to go ... I want nice looking models

 

republic - do you share your files or have a bit more of a description of your process?

 

thanks all, Ron

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 If you want good looking models and paints operating realistic and current schedules then the only option is going the manual route with AIG. World of AI can more easily get you started with models and paints (the models and paints are most often the same), but the step above that is to learn to add the AI yourself.  There is a learning curve and it's not a simply a drop and go route, but it does pay off. It comes down to how much if any work you are willing to put into it. Alpha India Group is not a place to get a one download zip file but a website for users who love to have good AI in their sim.

 Here's some from my Vancouver.

2016-2-22_18-50-36-832.jpg

2016-6-14_16-21-31-225.jpg

2016-5-2_15-0-55-593.jpg

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

guys, thanks for the continued and added info!!

and Dave, fantastic action at your YVR :)

 

so, if the models and paints are pretty similar btwn world of ai and alpha india approaches, if I start by installing world of ai and then, as I learn to do my 'own thing' for more accuracy - will it be a headache cause I now have world of ai info in there ..?

 

registered with alpha india but waiting for approval to view forum .. but impatient and want to get some planes in YVR .. :)!

 

regards, Ron

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just installed it a couple of hours ago - I have the migration tool, it may have used that but it went very smoothly and took all of about 5 minutes to install the main installer and 'group' installed the 45 zip files for all the airlines that fly in and out of cyvr

 

took it for a test spin and very impressed :)

 

was neat to see the big airport bustling with activity finally

 

now per some of the posts above, time to learn to customize it more to get the airlines and their schedules more current and correct too

 

thanks again all

 

regards, Ron

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Jbaran said:

I just installed it a couple of hours ago - I have the migration tool, it may have used that but it went very smoothly and took all of about 5 minutes to install the main installer and 'group' installed the 45 zip files for all the airlines that fly in and out of cyvr

 

took it for a test spin and very impressed :)

 

was neat to see the big airport bustling with activity finally

 

now per some of the posts above, time to learn to customize it more to get the airlines and their schedules more current and correct too

 

thanks again all

 

regards, Ron

 

Great to hear, Ron!

 

i just re-installed my FSDT Vancouver into P3D and did a flight out of there to a local airport - glad to hear your Vancouver is nicely populated too!

 

Be careful digging deeper into AI though - for me it becomes an addictive! :)

 

Steve

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have Orbx installed over the entire planet, with a few Fly Tampa and Aerosoft airports. Having the Orbx Traffic NA and AU installed disables the native P3d AI Traffic.  So apart from Aussie, the rest of the world was an empty barren place.

 

That is until I installed UT2. Not originally intended for P3dv3, I investigated various methods of installation and opted for the one from a lady called Elaine on Avsim. A 15 minute manual install, following her excellent instructions, has been a success. 

 

Finally, they just released a 2016/2018 traffic schedule. You can add your own flights and import flights from airline schedules.

 

So if, like me, you have not the time or skill to compile your AI Traffic manually, UT2 does offer another alternative.

 

Regards,

 

David.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jbaran, another common problem with AI aircraft not showing, although this doesn't seem to be the problem in your case, is having an FS9 plan in the mix. Just one of those will kill all FSX AI traffic and you can easily pick one up using WOAI. There is a program called AIFP3120, an acronym for AI Flight Planner (ver3). It will scan and identify FS9 flight plans so you can eliminate them. I don't remember where I got it but it's readily available freeware. A Google search should find it easily. Good program to have on hand.

 

                                                  jsapair

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i use UT2 in P3Dv3, used the EMT to install it with no problems.  My UT2 installation is now what i would say heavily modified as i have added a few of my own databases, including 2 for my virtual airlines, and 1 for FEDEX.  A lot of my time though has been spent replaces a lot of the models with better looking ones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Capt Pugwash said:

I have seen skyai traffic freeware installer for P3DV3 ...any known issues with this program?

 

 Indeed, the issue is that is pirated software. They take freeware products, rename the files with their own titles and call it their own work without any permission,approval or acknowledgement to the actual people who created the models, repaints and plans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎29‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 9:35 AM, Capt Pugwash said:

I have seen skyai traffic freeware installer for P3DV3 ...any known issues with this program?

 

Cant speak for any other AI traffic programs in P3dv3.

 

I think UT2 is just fine. They have just released a 2016/2018 traffic update for it, so its not a forgotten software. If you want to install it like I did, go to Avsim on the P3d section and look up Poppet. She has done a great job of doing a step by step install, that's easy to follow and it works.

Regards

David

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Airwolf said:

Does anyone know if UT2 takes more or less VAS as compared to Mytraffic 3D P3D with the same settings.

 

 They are near the same, sometimes MyTraffic using very slightly more and sometimes UT2 does. The same can be said about frame rates

associated between the two.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, herky1955 said:

 

Cant speak for any other AI traffic programs in P3dv3.

 

I think UT2 is just fine. They have just released a 2016/2018 traffic update for it, so its not a forgotten software. If you want to install it like I did, go to Avsim on the P3d section and look up Poppet. She has done a great job of doing a step by step install, that's easy to follow and it works.

Regards

David

Thanks for the heads up on UT2 and its latest updates...will take a good look at it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/29/2016 at 4:59 AM, herky1955 said:

I have Orbx installed over the entire planet, with a few Fly Tampa and Aerosoft airports. Having the Orbx Traffic NA and AU installed disables the native P3d AI Traffic.  So apart from Aussie, the rest of the world was an empty barren place.

 

That is until I installed UT2. Not originally intended for P3dv3, I investigated various methods of installation and opted for the one from a lady called Elaine on Avsim. A 15 minute manual install, following her excellent instructions, has been a success. 

 

Finally, they just released a 2016/2018 traffic schedule. You can add your own flights and import flights from airline schedules.

 

So if, like me, you have not the time or skill to compile your AI Traffic manually, UT2 does offer another alternative.

 

Regards,

 

David.

Cheers for this info.  I had no idea there were new schedules.

 

Jas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hi guys, another question ... now that I have woai installed for cyvr - have been sidetracked enjoying the pnw and Larry R.'s ferry systems addon - just brilliant - he cautioned that if someone has any fs9 models in their add on ai, they may not see his ferry traffic

 

this seemed to be happening on my rig ... not sure

 

is there any easy way to find out if any of the woai airlines I have installed have fs9 models, rather than adding back in one by one and checking his ferry traffic for visibility?

 

any ideas much appreciated

 

regards, Ron

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Jbaran said:

hi guys, another question ... now that I have woai installed for cyvr - have been sidetracked enjoying the pnw and Larry R.'s ferry systems addon - just brilliant - he cautioned that if someone has any fs9 models in their add on ai, they may not see his ferry traffic

 

this seemed to be happening on my rig ... not sure

 

is there any easy way to find out if any of the woai airlines I have installed have fs9 models, rather than adding back in one by one and checking his ferry traffic for visibility?

 

any ideas much appreciated

 

regards, Ron

 

Hi Ron...

 

Glad you got Larry's ferries - brilliant indeed!

 

Looks like someone else caught the AI addiction. :)

 

I'm not at my PC, but in the freeware AIFP3 there is an option to scan a selected path (like your World/Scenery folder) for FS9 traffic files and convert them - the traffic .bgls in FS9 format are what prevent AI from appearing - I've done that several times!

 

Steve

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...