Jarrad Marshall

Introducing FTX Innsbruck: The Capital of the Alps!

17 minutes ago, Ripcord said:

Pretty sure Innsbruck is in Austria -- I wonder how much of Austria is going to be included in FTX GER South.

Germany's tallest mountain, Zugspitze, is included in Jarrad's massive coverage area for the Innsbruck region. So apparently, portions of the coverage area will slightly overlap, or be adjacent to, Germany South.

Edited by DesertPilot

Yes apparently so.  Now I am really dying to see a coverage map of Germany North AND South.  Rather intrigued -- wondering what other borderlands might get thrown in there for good measure?

Edited by Ripcord

Definitely a wow! A favourite in real life, and a great flightsim destination, can we preorder, I will pay now!

We will soon be seeing skiers running down the slopes near Seefeld ;-) Wonderful news, connecting to a lot of other nice airports in Austria, Germany and Italy, and for low-and-slow in the alps! Hope the golden roof in Innsbruck can be spotted too among the POI's.

• Upvote 1

Beautiful, I am flying over the Alps and with OpenLC they do not look as good as they should. I hope in the future an entire Alps package, minus airports, will be released. That would be something great to have.

The next no-brainer. Starts to get boring here, each time I check the preview section, I find another thing that I want to buy ;-)

This is one awesome scenery package (based on those screenshots). I normally only fly around the UK and Ireland, but the coverage area of this is so vast that I am seriously considering handing over the dosh! Can you tell me if the extended coverage area includes Mayrhofen? What base areas (if any) are required?

Hi,

I don´t like Airport very much to buy, because I have a Flightsim, not a Airportsim ;)

But this one I can´t wait to have it-well done B)

49 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

This is one awesome scenery package (based on those screenshots). I normally only fly around the UK and Ireland, but the coverage area of this is so vast that I am seriously considering handing over the dosh! Can you tell me if the extended coverage area includes Mayrhofen? What base areas (if any) are required?

Mayrhofen is definitely within the extended coverage area. It might even be within the 1m PR area. According to above coverage map it looks like the Zillertal (the Valley where Mayrhofen is located) is the eastern border of the 1m PR area. So maybe you are lucky.

Edited by wolfko

Absolutely brilliant!

Thank You very much Jarrad for recreating this unique airport and its surounding environment in such a high level of detail for FSX/P3D.

It looks absolutely stunning already!

WOW!

Looking very much forward to its release!

:)

OMG, Jarrad why didn't you post this earlier? I just drove through the area by train yesterday with the nicest weather possible. I could have made some nice real life pictures. 

I want to be first in line to buy this product.  This has always been my favorite airport in Europe.  If for some reason you decide to take advanced orders, please let me know.  I agree with each and everyone of the accolades above.

My Charge Card Awaiteth.

Again, thanks a lot for the preview. This looks just stunning and very impressive. 

I was about to reinstall LOWI in P3D and I guess, this obcoming release will be the version I'm going to install.

But just one question from my side. Are there any plans to make this scenery compatible to the upcoming release of Flugwerk's "Austria HD West" which will be placing photoreal aerial textures all over Tirol? I'd guess that when not using the "extended coverage", the ORBX textures should blend fine with Flugwerk's textures.

Markus

• Upvote 1

Jarrad, great to see you are taking care of europe. This is really amazing, hope you'll find some more interesting airports here in the area, there are so many that may need the ORBX touch....

Thank you so much much for the preview of this beautuful scenery, this is gonna be a must have for sure...

cheers

Thorsten

Indeed this is the first case that Orbx will directly interfere (compete?) with a city / airport scenery that already is present on my HDD. I am unsure if the Simming community is big enough to fund them all.

Regardless of Jarrad´s fantastic abilities - I have to make a budgeted decision now...

LOWI has some very interesting approaches, LOC/DME 26 and GPS RNAV 08. This will be my first ever European airport. Fantastic airport in a very scenic area of the world.

Greg

8 minutes ago, gregmorin said:

LOWI has some very interesting approaches, LOC/DME 26 and GPS RNAV 08. This will be my first ever European airport. Fantastic airport in a very scenic area of the world.

Greg

LOC 26 with circling to rwy 8 being the epic approach. PMDG had this as an advanced tutorial for the NGX. . . 

10 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Indeed this is the first case that Orbx will directly interfere (compete?) with a city / airport scenery that already is present on my HDD. I am unsure if the Simming community is big enough to fund them all.

Regardless of Jarrad´s fantastic abilities - I have to make a budgeted decision now...

Hi Gerold!

Indeed, however - if a better scenery comes along than the one(s) currently available, well the better scenery takes it all - maybe not at day one, but most likely sooner than later in the end.

And as You just mentioned it ... it's Jarrad's work, hence - and as the good old Borg-Saying goes: ... resistance is futile

;)

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, hal9000 said:

Hi,

I don´t like Airport very much to buy, because I have a Flightsim, not a Airportsim ;)

But this one I can´t wait to have it-well done B)

What does that mean? You are okay flying into a single asphalt runway texture and turning the sim off after? The graphics on approach and landing are important for flying a flightsim.

Edited by B77X
  • Upvote 1