Sign in to follow this  
Griphos

LDDU surrounding area

This isn't really a support issue.  I've been eyeing Misha's upcoming new airport and so took a flight yesterday to check out the area.  I do have Global, but not EULC, so I'm not sure what difference that would make.  I watched John's lovely video and the terrain I saw in the background there was certainly different.  Here's what I saw when flying:

2016-8-17_19-33-40-383.bmp

2016-8-17_19-35-21-657.bmp

2016-8-17_19-35-47-528.bmp

Geometry and types of textures seem a bit odd to me.  I noticed, also, when taking off, that the land under my helicopter turned to water textures as I flew until I got some altitude.  Is this something that EULC would significantly alter?  Does anyone who has EULC want to take some shots of the area around the airport now for comparison?

The difference between Europe with openLC EU and without openLC EU is the same as North America with openLC NA and without openLC NA. So the difference is huge! Underneath you should of course have installed Global Base and Global Vector. 

Hi there,

looks like you have some problematic third-party terrain mesh installed; those "terraces" in the mountain slopes definitely shouldn't be there.

Cheers, Holger

Thanks, Holger, for responding.  I've downloaded and installed FreeMesh X Global for Europe.  I have no other mesh installed.  I haven't had any problem in Europe elsewhere (although I've really only flown around Germany for the most part).  Is it possible for mesh to be problematic in one particular area?  I know you are the mesh expert (and I sure appreciate the mesh you've provided for AU and PNG).  Is there something I can do to correct this with the current mesh?

14 hours ago, Griphos said:

Thanks, Holger, for responding.  I've downloaded and installed FreeMesh X Global for Europe.  I have no other mesh installed.  I haven't had any problem in Europe elsewhere (although I've really only flown around Germany for the most part).  Is it possible for mesh to be problematic in one particular area?  I know you are the mesh expert (and I sure appreciate the mesh you've provided for AU and PNG).  Is there something I can do to correct this with the current mesh?

This was an old bug corrected in the first patch of FreeMeshX. You'll want to download at least the cumulative 1.05 and non-cumulative 1.06 patch for FreeMeshX to fix this (and other bugs in Europe).

http://ninetwopro.com/freemeshx-global-patch-1-05/

http://ninetwopro.com/freemeshx-1-06-patch-is-released/

Edited by AviatorMoser

Well, the patches fixed the tiling, but the water issue seems to be separate and perhaps a LC issue.  I haven't noticed it anywhere else I've flown.  When I spawn at LDDU, no matter where or what aircraft, I get water where ground should be, and, as I move, the ground tiles around me turn to water.  This remains after I take off.  The tiles right beneath me turn to water.  I flew from LDDU to LYTV and most of the way this happened.  By the time I was near LYTV, it stopped, and it didn't happen on the ground there.  Pics: 

2016-8-21_13-5-21-331.bmp

2016-8-21_13-5-36-360.bmp

2016-8-21_13-9-15-310.bmp

Could this be related to the new unified lookup migration?

Yeah, I think it must be landclass.  It would be nice to get some help on it.  I guess I just won't buy the new airport, LDDU.  

The LDDU addon has completely its own reworked mesh, vector and landclass, so whatever problems you gave now should not be present if you get the addon

Cheers

A corrupt terrain.cfg or incomplete migration. Try forcing the migration (FTX CEntral | Settings | Troubleshooting | Force migration). To refresh the terrain.cfg, go to the root directory of your simulator, backup the existing terrain.cfg and remove it from the directory, open FTX Central and let it sync and apply regions. An error message about the terrain.cfg file may pop up.

I ran the test after doing the migration and everything came up green.  Would that be the case if the migration was incomplete?  But I can try the procedure to build a new terrain.cfg.  Will it build back fully by itself?  I have Tongass Fjords installed.  Will I need to add those terrain.cfg entries to the newly rebuilt file?  Might there be other entries in the .cfg from other sceneries that will be missing if I do this?  

Since it only seems to be affecting that one area (so far) is there perhaps a more surgical fix?

Edited by Griphos

Hi there,

no need to swap terrain.cfg or re-install anything; it's actually a known issue with the default grass poly at this airport as well as a bunch more across the globe. See 

Any add-on for the airport, including Global Vector, the new Orbx LDDU, or third-party files that might exist, would have their own airport grass polygons and thus get rid of that odd texture morphing.

FYI, I had long forgotten that LDDU was one of the affected default airports but typing its ICAO into the search menu of this forum brought up those threads. We do have a large collection of posts here so chances are almost any issue has been discussed before. :ph34r:

Cheers, Holger