Jump to content
Iain Emms

Germany North Hamburg area.

Recommended Posts

Klasse!

 

Thanks for the beautiful shots, Iain, much acknowledged. So we still can look forward to get this into our hands sometime in August...? I hope Adrian found a few additional servers in the basement.

 

Kind regards, Michael

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yheeeaaaa, that looks like Hamburg. I am looking forward to more pictures and, of course, mainly due to the complete scene. Thanks Ian!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Weltklasse Shots Iain !

 

Thanks for sharing them with us and a billion thanks to Orbx making Germany in this quality for us.

 

Thanks Guys !

 

Carsten

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good point. However, given that Aerosoft didn't update their German Airports series for ages and never made it Prepar3D2/3 compatible, I doubt it makes sense to gear towards compatibility from the side of ORBX (with a high percentage of Prepar3d users because of consistent P3D support). Moreover, most of the FTX GER airports can be expected to be "enhanced" anyway, 

 

If I were Aerosoft, I would have prepared an updated FTX GER +  Prepar3d3 compatible German Aiports edition ready to start this summer, which certainly would have sold well. 

 

Up to date (P3D compatible) versions of Frankfurt, Munich, Tegel, and the non-airport EDDB are available so far. I hope, ORBX and/or other makers will provide up-to-date versions of major German airports in the foreseeable future.

 

Kind regards, Michael

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Every single airport in FTX GEN has been enhanced significantly.

 

We're also looking into an GA AI traffic pack for Germany, likely as a freeware download a bit later.

  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hamburg - My beloved home town! Never seen it virtually like this - it´s not just a town shown in FS, it´s Hamburg, no doubts!

 

You did a fantastic Job, Gentlemen.

 

Greetings,

 

Thorsten

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Incredible, more I don't want to say now! 

 

As I remember GAP3 Hamburg is not a complicate thing. I use it together with openLC EU already and there are normal fps and it doesn't make such problems like EDDT (the older GAP-version, not the latest one) with its trees and autogen spreaded over the airport.

But an actualised version would be very appreciated of course. I will ask in the AS-forum.

 

cheers Kai

Edited by KaiUweWeiss

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, pmb said:

Good point. However, given that Aerosoft didn't update their German Airports series for ages and never made it Prepar3D2/3 compatible, I doubt it makes sense to gear towards compatibility from the side of ORBX (with a high percentage of Prepar3d users because of consistent P3D support). Moreover, most of the FTX GER airports can be expected to be "enhanced" anyway, 

 

If I were Aerosoft, I would have prepared an updated FTX GER +  Prepar3d3 compatible German Aiports edition ready to start this summer, which certainly would have sold well. 

 

Up to date (P3D compatible) versions of Frankfurt, Munich, Tegel, and the non-airport EDDB are available so far. I hope, ORBX and/or other makers will provide up-to-date versions of major German airports in the foreseeable future.

 

Kind regards, Michael

I do not have P3D but I have read that you can fix the only P3D issues with the German Airports by downloading user modified afcad files, that add the night and approach lighting back to the scenery. And everything else is working okay. Or so I think I read once.

Edited by B77X

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know, and you are right as such. However, I dare sticking basically incompatible (and at least not Prepar3d optimized) 4 years old airports into my up to date Prepar3d3/ORBX installation, even if they sort of run. 

 

Kind regards, Michael

Edited by pmb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, pmb said:

I know, and you are right as such. However, I dare sticking basically incompatible (and at least not Prepar3d optimized) 4 years old airports into my up to date Prepar3d3/ORBX installation, even if they sort of run. 

 

Kind regards, Michael

 

But many of us use fsx, not p3d. so if possible the orbx team including compatibility would be nice for the German Airports series.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

The German Airport series, the medium-large size airports, will work or be made to work - one way or the other.  Everything else gets sorted out, no reason why these won't.  Out of respect to THIS developer, let's not derail the spirit of this preview thread with anxieties of a minor problem that we all know will get solved.

 

As for the little German Airfield series (regional packs of small airports), I would guess those will just get tossed out the window since they only ever offered reasonable quality anyway, more or less on par with what we have from ORBX full fat regions.  Of course if you have a field here or there with some rather specific buildings or hangers, you can keep that airfield.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Mr Emms, I think I saw a shot of Finkenwerder there in the distance in one of your shots.  I wonder if we could persuade you to give us a more up-closer look at that airfield in particular -- I have never had a good rendition of that one, and it's one that I'd been wanting to get eventually.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/15/2016 at 11:21 AM, Ripcord said:

 

Mr Emms, I think I saw a shot of Finkenwerder there in the distance in one of your shots.  I wonder if we could persuade you to give us a more up-closer look at that airfield in particular -- I have never had a good rendition of that one, and it's one that I'd been wanting to get eventually.

 

Finkenwerder is still WIP, the testers do not have access to the final version yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sascha Normann said:

 

Finkenwerder is still WIP, the testers do not have access to the final version yet.

 

Cool thanks.

 

Using any custom objects for that airport?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/17/2016 at 10:22 AM, Ripcord said:

 

Cool thanks.

 

Using any custom objects for that airport?

 

 

A few, but not a highly detailed rendition of course. It's just an FTX region airport.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What excellent scenery, thanks for showing us Iain.

So far just scratched the surface of OLC NA and now another great region just around the corner to explore.

I guess that back garden of mine shall remain like a jungle!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Sascha Normann said:

 

A few, but not a highly detailed rendition of course. It's just an FTX region airport.

 

Just some of the larger hangars are a rather custom shape, so probably not more than a few custom objects would be required.  FTX airports are still pretty good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...