Iain Emms

Germany North Hamburg area.

Klasse!

Thanks for the beautiful shots, Iain, much acknowledged. So we still can look forward to get this into our hands sometime in August...? I hope Adrian found a few additional servers in the basement.

Kind regards, Michael

Yheeeaaaa, that looks like Hamburg. I am looking forward to more pictures and, of course, mainly due to the complete scene. Thanks Ian!

Weltklasse Shots Iain !

Thanks for sharing them with us and a billion thanks to Orbx making Germany in this quality for us.

Thanks Guys !

Carsten

Good point. However, given that Aerosoft didn't update their German Airports series for ages and never made it Prepar3D2/3 compatible, I doubt it makes sense to gear towards compatibility from the side of ORBX (with a high percentage of Prepar3d users because of consistent P3D support). Moreover, most of the FTX GER airports can be expected to be "enhanced" anyway, 

If I were Aerosoft, I would have prepared an updated FTX GER +  Prepar3d3 compatible German Aiports edition ready to start this summer, which certainly would have sold well. 

Up to date (P3D compatible) versions of Frankfurt, Munich, Tegel, and the non-airport EDDB are available so far. I hope, ORBX and/or other makers will provide up-to-date versions of major German airports in the foreseeable future.

Kind regards, Michael

Every single airport in FTX GEN has been enhanced significantly.

We're also looking into an GA AI traffic pack for Germany, likely as a freeware download a bit later.

• Upvote 5

Hamburg - My beloved home town! Never seen it virtually like this - it´s not just a town shown in FS, it´s Hamburg, no doubts!

You did a fantastic Job, Gentlemen.

Greetings,

Thorsten

Incredible, more I don't want to say now! 

As I remember GAP3 Hamburg is not a complicate thing. I use it together with openLC EU already and there are normal fps and it doesn't make such problems like EDDT (the older GAP-version, not the latest one) with its trees and autogen spreaded over the airport.

But an actualised version would be very appreciated of course. I will ask in the AS-forum.

cheers Kai

Edited by KaiUweWeiss

8 hours ago, pmb said:

Good point. However, given that Aerosoft didn't update their German Airports series for ages and never made it Prepar3D2/3 compatible, I doubt it makes sense to gear towards compatibility from the side of ORBX (with a high percentage of Prepar3d users because of consistent P3D support). Moreover, most of the FTX GER airports can be expected to be "enhanced" anyway, 

If I were Aerosoft, I would have prepared an updated FTX GER +  Prepar3d3 compatible German Aiports edition ready to start this summer, which certainly would have sold well. 

Up to date (P3D compatible) versions of Frankfurt, Munich, Tegel, and the non-airport EDDB are available so far. I hope, ORBX and/or other makers will provide up-to-date versions of major German airports in the foreseeable future.

Kind regards, Michael

I do not have P3D but I have read that you can fix the only P3D issues with the German Airports by downloading user modified afcad files, that add the night and approach lighting back to the scenery. And everything else is working okay. Or so I think I read once.

Edited by B77X

I know, and you are right as such. However, I dare sticking basically incompatible (and at least not Prepar3d optimized) 4 years old airports into my up to date Prepar3d3/ORBX installation, even if they sort of run. 

Kind regards, Michael

Edited by pmb

2 hours ago, pmb said:

I know, and you are right as such. However, I dare sticking basically incompatible (and at least not Prepar3d optimized) 4 years old airports into my up to date Prepar3d3/ORBX installation, even if they sort of run. 

Kind regards, Michael

But many of us use fsx, not p3d. so if possible the orbx team including compatibility would be nice for the German Airports series.

The German Airport series, the medium-large size airports, will work or be made to work - one way or the other.  Everything else gets sorted out, no reason why these won't.  Out of respect to THIS developer, let's not derail the spirit of this preview thread with anxieties of a minor problem that we all know will get solved.

As for the little German Airfield series (regional packs of small airports), I would guess those will just get tossed out the window since they only ever offered reasonable quality anyway, more or less on par with what we have from ORBX full fat regions.  Of course if you have a field here or there with some rather specific buildings or hangers, you can keep that airfield.

Mr Emms, I think I saw a shot of Finkenwerder there in the distance in one of your shots.  I wonder if we could persuade you to give us a more up-closer look at that airfield in particular -- I have never had a good rendition of that one, and it's one that I'd been wanting to get eventually.

On 8/15/2016 at 11:21 AM, Ripcord said:

Mr Emms, I think I saw a shot of Finkenwerder there in the distance in one of your shots.  I wonder if we could persuade you to give us a more up-closer look at that airfield in particular -- I have never had a good rendition of that one, and it's one that I'd been wanting to get eventually.

Finkenwerder is still WIP, the testers do not have access to the final version yet.

1 hour ago, Sascha Normann said:

Finkenwerder is still WIP, the testers do not have access to the final version yet.

Cool thanks.

Using any custom objects for that airport?

On 8/17/2016 at 10:22 AM, Ripcord said:

Cool thanks.

Using any custom objects for that airport?

A few, but not a highly detailed rendition of course. It's just an FTX region airport.

• Upvote 1

What excellent scenery, thanks for showing us Iain.

So far just scratched the surface of OLC NA and now another great region just around the corner to explore.

I guess that back garden of mine shall remain like a jungle!

6 hours ago, Sascha Normann said:

A few, but not a highly detailed rendition of course. It's just an FTX region airport.

Just some of the larger hangars are a rather custom shape, so probably not more than a few custom objects would be required.  FTX airports are still pretty good.