noted Strange brown strip - Brampton Ontario

I was flying over Brampton Ontario east towards Hamilton when I noticed a really odd brown strip in the landscape.  This is in the location of a major highway - 403.  Upon closer look the road was there next to the strip and I thought it might be a hydo easement so check Google maps and there is nothing there.  I am sure you have lots of anomolies in Vector or maybe this is due to the new LC product.  Perhaps you can take a look at it.  thanks.

OK here are some screenshots of what I am talking about.  Location is 430958N 0801853W

Here is the view from P3D.  The highway is on the bottom side of the brown smudge.  I should note that the rivers are portrayed very accurately and so is the highway in terms of location, curves in the road, etc.

AIJKS4K.jpg?1

AIJKS4K.jpg?1

from the aircraft view.

IHTD6X3.jpg?1

Here is what you see on Google Earth.  The highway is running top to bottom of the picture in the middle.  No brown smudge.

5LIkIrV.jpg

mr833I4.jpg

Edited by mark767
add info

The devs might have a different answer but my initial suggestion is it's a powerline.  The GIS data is semi-automated so if a mapping agency has mapped that line as a powerline the landclass program will put it in as a powerline.  That's my guess.

11 hours ago, John Dow said:

The devs might have a different answer but my initial suggestion is it's a powerline.  The GIS data is semi-automated so if a mapping agency has mapped that line as a powerline the landclass program will put it in as a powerline.  That's my guess.

Interesting that you say this, it may be true but I don't recall seeing this in RW.  But here is another case with a very large hydro path along Highway 407 across north Toronto.  

You can see in the Google earth image the path at the south side of the highway, very clearly seen.

U3lzA5N.jpg

In P3D you can also see the path and the towers are there, maybe not quite as clearly cutout but still a great representation of reality.  So why would this be done essentially correctly but the other one one in such a different way that is a big departure from reality?

HiMW6z8.jpg

• 2 weeks later...