This is very odd, today when I used my iPad to look at the forum posts I see most thread titles in vertical text,

L

i

k

e

t

h

i

s

It's fine on my Mac but this is the first time I have ever seen this.  Anyone else with an iPad experiencing this?

Thanks.

Jack.

I know with all hat's going on this might seem trivial but it's not because I use my iPad a lot for accessing Orbx's forums and the last two days I get this and it's very difficult or near impossible to navigate the forum.  Were some changes made to the forum software?  Can someone please make it right?  I'd hate to lose the ability to access the forums on my iPad as it's the most used device I have.

nxEejPP.png

Just checked on my Android tablet too. That does it indeed on my 4 yo Samsung 8.9 that I don't use much anymore because its Android updating is quite disappointing (to be polite).

It looks like an IPS4 updating that does not like older mobile OS.

1 minute ago, dominique said:

Just checked on my Android tablet too. That does it indeed on my 4 yo Samsung 8.9 that I don't use much anymore because its Android updating is quite disappointing (to be polite).

It looks like an IPS4 updating that does not like older mobile OS.

I have no idea what an IPS4 is but this wasn't doing this two days ago.  :angry:

Thats the forum software OrbX changed for, few months ago. I suppose that it is regularly updated (what is not today ? For our sins) and an incompatibility with older OS may have cropped up. My best guess. It may be another gremlin though...

Edited by dominique

Have you tried a "cold &I dark" start?  Power off and back on, or resyncing to your computer?  My IPad is very old but still displays this forum correctly although there have been times it did the vertical display, I restarted and it came back normal, not saying yours will though.

Roger

1 minute ago, Wakashi said:

Have you tried a "cold &I dark" start?  Power off and back on, or resyncing to your computer?  My IPad is very old but still displays this forum correctly although there have been times it did the vertical display, I restarted and it came back normal, not saying yours will though.

Roger

Hi Roger, yes, that was the first thing I tried.  I have IOS 6.1.3, what version do you have?

There's absolutely no way I'm going to upgrade, not with the latest version of Pages which I use most of the day.

So I'll either have to live with this or maybe the orbx guys will do something?  I mean it was fine only two days ago.

It makes it impossible to look at any thread as all the titles are now in a vertical line as shown in the screenshot above.

:(

Hi all,

It's hard to diagnose this issue without seeing it happen on my end. Have you tried using a different browser (e.g. Chrome on iOS instead of Safari?)

Unfortunately, as we don't write the forum software, I don't know if there's much we can do :( 

Another alternative would be to use Tapatalk.

• 3 weeks later...
On 22/07/2016 at 1:55 AM, Ben McClintock said:

Hi all,

It's hard to diagnose this issue without seeing it happen on my end. Have you tried using a different browser (e.g. Chrome on iOS instead of Safari?)

Unfortunately, as we don't write the forum software, I don't know if there's much we can do :( 

Another alternative would be to use Tapatalk.

Hi Ben,

I have this problem too, on my Samsung (Galaxy Note 10.1). It only happens if I go to the Orbx site through a notification email from Orbx. (Which stopped coming about the same time this problem started.:() And I have found it only affects the headings not the post content. Which of course basically makes the site unusable when looking at the forum index. If I use Chrome to access the FTX forums the problem does not exist. Nor does it exist when using my PC. I hope this is of help.

If you have time, could you please have a look to see why I no longer receive any notifications. I would be very grateful. Mind you I have just now changed my notification settings from one a day to as soon as new content is added to see if that helps.

Thanks.

6 hours ago, Aviator1979 said:

U can try to turn the ipad horizontal.

I tried this but either way it's now all vertical text.  I can't upgrade the IOS so it looks like I'm stuck.  I visit an absolute ton of forums and this is the only one I have ever seen this.  And it just started on my original post, last week or so ago.  Makes it tough to use the site.

I have had the same problem, but only in some emails I read on my Ipad. Those emails show up fine on my desktop PC. I have never had the text problem show up on any website, including this forum on my Ipad.

Sherm